Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Child Mod

Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
I realy don´t understand why Origin stopped beeing able to play as vampire child. This was cool and realy harmless. There was a mod that enabled it but some things are broken. Like open perks. Now also Ask to turn doesn´t appear in interaction when you would have high enough relationship.
Perhaps anyone who is is interested in that game expansion mod and is a great modder would love to make a working mod again.
I would realy be looking forward to have this mod.

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    I realy don´t understand why Origin stopped beeing able to play as vampire child. This was cool and realy harmless. There was a mod that enabled it but some things are broken. Like open perks. Now also Ask to turn doesn´t appear in interaction when you would have high enough relationship.
    Perhaps anyone who is is interested in that game expansion mod and is a great modder would love to make a working mod again.

Origin won’t have deliberately stopped that mod from working. Most script mods were broken in the last patch due to the python upgrade. Maxis was very hepful in working with modders to get their mods working with the new system. You will have to upgrade that mod, if there is an update available for it. Have you checked for updates?

If the mod’s creator has given up modding then there’s not much you can do except hope someone else takes it over.

This thread might be helpful, it lists many mods that were broken by the recent patch and which have been updated since.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18/p1
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member

Origin won’t have deliberately stopped that mod from working. Most script mods were broken in the last patch due to the python upgrade. Maxis was very hepful in working with modders to get their mods working with the new system. You will have to upgrade that mod, if there is an update available for it. Have you checked for updates?

If the mod’s creator has given up modding then there’s not much you can do except hope someone else takes it over.

This thread might be helpful, it lists many mods that were broken by the recent patch and which have been updated since.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-famous-nov-18/p1

Origin stopped beeing able to become a vampire as child not the mod. But the patch broke the mod also. Thats why i wrote it here.
    The modder gave up. And i checked the broken mods :-p
    But perhaps there will be a interested modder to make a working mod.
    edited November 2018

Origin stopped beeing able to become a vampire as child not the mod. But the patch broke the mod also. Thats why i wrote it here.
    The modder gave up. And i checked the broken mods :-p
    But perhaps there will be a interested modder to make a working mod.

Origin stopped it? How strange... I don’t know why they would do that

ETA: Oh, do you mean that when the vampires GP first came out, vampire children could drink plasma and such? I wasn’t aware of that, since I only got vampires recently. I had assumed that this was never an option without mods.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I don't understand, only adults could and can drink plasma. Children never did that as far as I know. Just, there was a mod allowed children to be like a real vampire but it is most likely broken due to the recent python update by Maxis.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    edited November 2018
    Its a long time ago at the beginning of vampire gameplay pack it was possible for child. Maybe i am wrong but i dont think so. With the plasma packs /bloodpacks i don´t know^^
    Its a long time ago at the beginning of vampire gameplay pack it was possible for child. Maybe i am wrong but i dont think so. With the plasma packs /bloodpacks i don´t know^^
    Hmmm this thread is from when the vampires GP came out. It seems to indicate that vampire children could not drink plasma and did not have vampire powers, even at release.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910900/everything-you-need-to-know-about-vampire-offspring/p1
    I don´t remember what was possible. But the more important thing is... Find a good modder that is willing to make this mod. ;)
    Like in: Interview with a vampire.
    No great modder interested to do?