March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitchy Lots

Hi I'm wondering whether anyone else has had the same problem with their lots not working? It starts out with my sims not being able to go beyond their house or enter their house when coming home, so I then evict them and notice their lot isn't turning green when I click on their lot, so I have to then save the house to the same bin and delete the lot and then either, if it works, put a new lot side down or go without as some lots just won't go back onto the ground, which has always been an issue from the get go with the Sims 3. So then I can put my sim family back into their house, its been happening alot, since I downloaded a world from a third party site. I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and if it's fixable? Thank you!

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    There are a number of potential causes of the issues you're describing. One of them is a poorly made world, specifically one with routing issues. It would be helpful if you mentioned the world you downloaded. Also, did you use any cheats like constrainfloorelevation in building your sims' house? Or if you downloaded it (either with the world or separately), does it look like the creator did so? If not used properly, CFE can cause all sorts of stubborn issues.

The process of evicting sims, bulldozing their house and replacing it, and moving them back in is a great way to remove leftover action jigs that are causing routing issues, but it sounds like you keep getting more of them. Do you happen to use moveobjects on to move sims or pets around? This is a known source of game corruption, including but not limited to what you've described. It might be tempting to use the cheat to get a sim unstuck here and there, but it causes more problems than it solves.

When you bulldoze your sims' home lot but can't replace the house, there might be another sim or stray animal standing on the lot. You can check before you evict your sims; if you see anyone else on the lot, a simple resetsim firstname lastname will send them safely away.

The other question is whether you use mods, and if so, which ones.