Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you had to get rid of all of your Sims but one…

2...Next

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 Oh my God, Kevin! Thank for pulling that one out, I had almost forgot what she'll grow up to look like... ;)

That just means you aren't playing enough and adding to their story. :P
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    ONE??? You’re pure evil! >:)
    Amphora wrote: »
    Oh poo. This is an evil question! :o
    Oh yes I'm evil >:) I just came out of the sh'it show that is vet school second-year final exams (yes @Amphora, "oh poo" sums it up pretty well), and I need others to share in my misery :tongue:

@bekkasan I totally understand! All your Sims are so wonderful, it would be hard for me to choose just one :)

@Springfairy556 William is definitely the Sim that I associate the most with you! I think we can all appreciate a noble, chivalrous man who's always willing to step up and fight for the ones he loves :>
    He seems like quite the patient guy, what with having to put up with Claire's on-again, off-again behaviour. Aw, that pic with him running after Claire on her horse, it breaks my heart :cry:

@Nikkei_Simmer Heh, I'm not at all surprised with your choice! It would definitely be hard not to get attached, since you've played out so many wonderful experiences with her :)

@Brandontaylor Did you create Ava yourself? :) She makes for a gorgeous fairy, Hank is one lucky dude!
    Love that last screenshot, when you're in love you don't need an excuse to break into a dance :>

@igazor Sounds like you've got a real dynasty of sorts going on! I've never played a legacy myself, but I admire the patience of those who do (as well as their ability to detach themselves from their Sims and accept that their founders are going to die one day...) :)

@nickibitsward Having other Sims around just for your favourite Sim, I can totally relate to that! Years ago, when the time came for my YA Sims to marry, I used to just jump into CAS and pump out a spouse for them, then have them conveniently move in across the street :tongue: though it began to feel forced and I eventually stopped.

@CravenLestat I am not at all surprised that you picked Betty! When I see Betty I instantly think of you (and I'm sure everyone else on the forum feels the same way) :tongue:
    Ooh, Dolly is such a... doll :tongue: Yep, that's the best I can do :D But she's really got that perfect-porcelain-doll look about her (and now I want to watch Mulan).
    Jessa, Kizzy and Lori are all very special to me, and I can't thank you enough for sharing them with me <3 They are backed up safely, so they'll still be with me if my computer ever decides to go kaput.

@JoAnne65 Elijah is simply gorgeous <3 Yep, he's definitely got the "tough-guy-who-is-secretly-a-softie" look about him!
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The fact he is one in a long line of sims makes him extra special. Delete them and that aspect will be gone too (including his relationship with his parents and with his kids, that matters to me).
    I'm not a legacy player myself (and have no plans to play one in the near future) but I can see where you're coming from. I bet it also gives you loads of satisfaction to sit back and look at that long line of Sims, and think about the chain of events that led to each Sim being born.

@Silverofdreams30 Hello Ty <3 He's the Sim I associate the most with you, for sure! I know you've made quite a lot of male Sims, but I think (and I'm sure the others on the big thread agree) that Ty is the most iconic of them all :)

@Evalen It's amazing that you're still so attached to Dewey after so long! :) Though I have a soft spot for ginger Sims myself, so there's that :tongue:

@Mikezumi I do love that your SS is always around, she reminds me of a dutiful, benevolent queen keeping an eye on her subjects :)
    Off the top of my head, the Sim that I associate the most with you would probably be your Jordan. Probably because he was one of the first few Sims of yours that I got to see when I started taking part in the big thread early in the year.

@TadOlson I guess rotational play is one way to reduce one's attachment to certain Sims, but getting attached to one particular Sim (or household) is bound to happen anyway, at least for me :tongue:

@Amphora I for one think perfect is boring. I aim to make Sims who have their own quirks and weaknesses, just like people do in real life. Danny is for sure the Sim I associate most with you, and as far as I'm concerned, his weirdness only adds to his charm :>

@jillbg Oh yes, Derek needs to be saved <3 Honestly though, I associate Taïga and Derek with you equally, and I simply couldn't imagine one without the other... so if your computer ever gets wiped, be sure you've got a backup of these two :tongue:

@Sindocat Maggie looks like she rules with an iron fist! I'm sure she's got loads of experience under her belt. She's always been an elder, you say? I'd love to know her life story too! :)

@Odonata68 Ashelyn looks like she's got an attitude! I just love that gleam in her eyes :> Ooh, I see she's got a soft spot for animals too, now that's definitely something I can get behind ;)

@Charlottesmom L! :love: Yeah, L is hands down the Sim I associate the most with you (aside from the Frio brothers of course). His facial expressions are just too precious, and I love him in spite of his creepy fourth-wall-breaking abilities <3
    And yes, you are absolutely right... I love both David and Martin, but my choice was an easy one.

I'm going to have to go with my dear ginger boy, in all his nerdy, messy-haired glory. Hands down, I consider Martin to be the Sim that represents me best - you could say he's my mascot of sorts. Since he's a lot closer in personality to me than other Sims I've created, I would even say he's the closest thing I have to a Simself.
    IjCa4qg.jpg
    vRzbTUV.jpg
    x46SzJ3.jpg
  • NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    Am I the only one that doesn't ever play that household again? For me I get bored playing the same household or Sim, the max I'll play is until I close the game. When I reopen it I never go back, I create a new Sim/Sims.
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @TinySpaceFox I kinda thought you would go with Martin!
    I almost said Jordan because he has the best facial expressions of all my sims but my SS is the one I really couldn't part with because she has been with me the longest.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

@TinySpaceFox I paired up the Sims that ultimately led to Ava being born in another save. I just adjusted a few things but she was technically created in-game.
    edited November 2018
    @NyaIeroWay I am sure there are others like you. I can't think of specific names but I do remember reading that some people only play a sim once. I play my sims over and over in different combinations so that makes each save with them different. Besides, if you saw the effort I put into the making of each of my sims, you wouldn't just discard them either ;)
  • therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    edited November 2018
    Would I say Bella Bachelor ?

Screenshot-343d.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited November 2018
    Since there is no reason that I can think of that I would ever need to get rid of all but one of my sims, I wasn't going to participate in this discussion. I would not ever voluntarily give up any of them. But I got to thinking, if my house ever got robbed, and the thief took not only my computer, but my removable hard drive where all my sims are backed up, which one would I miss the most, and I knew immediately who it would be.

This guy (the father) is second generation, but he was adopted, not born to my sims. So I didn't make him, or any birth parents for him to get his genetics from again. I wouldn't be able to reproduce him in CAS, because I don't even know his slider settings.

2S4dUav.jpg

He's my favorite ever born in game male, and I have played him again and again, as husband to many different female sims. Unlike all my other sims I have stored in the CAS bin, who I use repeatedly, I never change anything about him except his hair and clothing, his name, and his LTW. I never change any of his sliders, his coloring, his traits, or his favorites.

But since I realized how much I would miss him and a lot of other content I've created through the years, if I ever did lose them, I decided to back up him and my other favorite sims, plus the worlds I've made in CAW, and all the houses and community lots I've made that I use again and again, to my dropbox and Mediafire accounts.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @TinySpaceFox No worries - I doubt there exist sims as thoroughly backupped as these two :joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    > @Mikezumi said:
    > @NyaIeroWay I am sure there are others like you. I can't think of specific names but I do remember reading that some people only play a sim once. I play my sims over and over in different combinations so that makes each save with them different. Besides, if you saw the effort I put into the making of each of my sims, you wouldn't just discard them either ;)

Lmao, I always put effort into my sims. But, when I go back I feel like I could do better so thats why I create a new household each time.
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
    NyaIeroWay wrote: »
    > @Mikezumi said:
    > @NyaIeroWay I am sure there are others like you. I can't think of specific names but I do remember reading that some people only play a sim once. I play my sims over and over in different combinations so that makes each save with them different. Besides, if you saw the effort I put into the making of each of my sims, you wouldn't just discard them either ;)

Lmao, I always put effort into my sims. But, when I go back I feel like I could do better so thats why I create a new household each time.

@NyaIeroWay We all could probably do better but, for me, that doesn't make a sim disposable. I keep old sims and update them from time to time as my style evolves.
    Looking forward to seeing some of your sims when you are a member :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    What a Sophie's Choice kind of question :)

A very difficult question to answer given a lot of my sims have been with me a very long time. Having had to retrieve some from data recovered from a burnt out laptop in 2012 . This was only a partially successful exercise and I still mourn the missing. Recreations are never the same right?

However there is one sim who has been with me since 2010. The picture below shows her after her retrieval in 2012 but she was actually created sometime early in 2010. She gets her name from the dress she is wearing, Baby Doll. We have been together through thick and thin. She is all the things I wish I could be, pretty in a girl next door sort of way, sweetnatured, athletic, good cook and gardener. She currently lives with her husband, Christopher Steel and their four children in a beachside house in Sunset Valley. She drives a fast car and is something of a celebrity.

PB4sBTd.png
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited November 2018
    Gosh. That's a tough question to answer. I actually spend way more time building for my sims and even creating them than I do actually playing with them, believe it or not.

I've only dived in with a few to really get anywhere. Most of those are actually premades.

The first was Don Lothario in Riverview. I think I played with him the longest. I still have the save, but haven't touched it in over a year. He got around a lot with women. He broke up with quite a few, but settled for a long while with Betty, who was the repairwoman. I was disappointed that she only had three traits, none of which were particularly helpful. One was handy and the other was grumpy of all traits. I don't remember the third. They had three or four children together before he cheated again. Divorced. Don's job was in the inventor profession. He created a simbot and then he and all the children went ITF and I haven't taken it past that. I'm more attached to him than any of the kids and he was about to age up, so I haven't gone back to it. :/

The Monty family in Monte Vista was the second premade family I was attached to. My favorite character was the daughter, Bianca Monty. I don't remember their save too much other than the father being a doctor, the mother died in a fire and Bianca was an aspiring artist. I sent her to university and when she came back I wanted to move the family to a new house in the neighborhood. I never finished that project and now I don't know where the save is. I might have it stored in my flash drive.

The third is the Funke family from the family inventory. They're a continuing save. I don't think I have a favorite and I have so many directions I want to take each of them. Currently, I'm building a bigger and better home for them to move into, since the kids are growing up to be young adults now. The two oldest have just come back from university. One of them has completed their degree.

This will be their brand new home. Too bad it's way over budget and I'm not even done yet! :D I guess I'll have to cheat for them this time.

xWR3q19.jpg

Of the sims I've made, I've only played fully with a few.

My most favorite is Leanne Kendrick, one of the steampunk sims I created. She's an inventor as well. I don't have any current saves with her.

17QGZBx.jpg?1

The other is Mack Ando. I've just been able to explore a lot with him in many areas I haven't played before like photography and deep sea diving and world traveling. By extension I might include his roommate, Ethan Shaffer, since I've done so much with him as well. I have an upload with the two of them together with all the skills they've accumulated in my save.

6xc5tyd.jpg?1

Full Backstory With The Two of Them . . .
    In my game, Ethan joined the military and had a single date with Rosemarie Collins, his boss, who is not only married to somebody else but has several kids. I think I would have made it longer, but generally if a sim is nasty to my sim, I dump them regardless of how cute I may think they'd be together. An eye for an eye, I guess you could say. It's been such a long time, but I remember having them go out and it all looked to be a really great time. I think he took her to the movies and everything and then she told him that she had a lousy time. This was after they woohooed . . . So, Ethan quits his job in the military and tries to have a relationship with his newborn, Melonie. That couldn't happen unless I put them back on good terms, so they became just friends and Ethan and her now ex-husband are worst enemies, Melonie's a child and that's where it's been until now.

Mack has a seemingly perfect life. He's a go-getter, that one. He started out making money in photography, but he also has a passion with diving. So, he eventually switched to the diving career. He thought it would lead to a more prosperous life. He has a great friend in Ethan and his dog, Luna. Despite all this, it has never been enough for him, so he travels the world. Unfortunately, with all the fun he's had, he wonders where all the time has gone. He still hasn't found the one, let alone had any serious relationship.

Now, for the answer of which one I'd keep?

*Drumroll* I guess I would say Mack Ando is the ultimate winner. For one thing, I still have his save and he's not attached to anyone else in a serious way yet and doesn't really need to be since he's accomplished so much on his own two feet.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Only one!? I could never! That´s totally im...
    Screenshot-x6896.jpg
    ... okay, never mind.

(I really don´t think, I could pick only one. But at the moment, Conall is definitly closest to my heart.)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    Probably one of my founders, Jasper Mendoza.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-50.jpg

Screenshot-44.jpg

He's dead now, but he's also an original character of mine that lives through one of my original stories. He's gone through a lot and it was really nice to see him settle down and live an amazing life with his husband, their daughter and her children, so on and so forth. I'd bring him back if I didn't count it as cheating in a legacy.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been known to get attatched to all of the residents in my towns though I love switching households to take care of each of them in my games.I play the rotational style like in Sims 2 to do story progression on my townies because I've got the NRaas Mod version activated in my games with heavily tuned and configured settings that make it work much like the Sims 2 version of story progression.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    edited November 2018
    I think it will always be Dim (Dimitri) because I wrote a story around him for 2 years.

kIuboBo.jpg
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I guess I'd chose Sydney
    k64nbto.jpg
    I thinky I had a shift in play style when I began playing with her (she's generation 3) that made me more invested in developing somewhat of a story for each individual Sim (unless the Sim isn't interesting me at all :lol:) and setting them apart from each other. Maybe it's weird, I'm not sure, but I now like to answer OC questions for my Sims. Developing her personality, interests, etc is what made me invested in her, but she is a trans sim, which is something I've never done before, so that also set her apart from my other Sims. I also love her two daughters and wife, but I think I'd chose Sydney over them since she came first!
    Though I will say, I have such a hard time letting her age since I'm so attatched! I just don't want her to die, ever!
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥