Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Get famous worth getting? (& quirks question)

In your honest opinion, is get famous worth getting?

Also, I've realised that 2 of my sims need the ability to become famous but I'm worried about quirks. Do we know what the full list of quirks are and how they're triggered? because there's some I definately would NOT want.

Also, if I bought GF and my sims lived in a penthouse, would that prevent paparazzi/fans congregating outside?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I personally like Get Famous a lot, more than expected even. But I enjoyed fame gameplay a lot in past Sims games.

Here's a guide specifically about fame quirks: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/celebrity-fame-quirks.php
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I personally like Get Famous a lot, more than expected even. But I enjoyed fame gameplay a lot in past Sims games.

Here's a guide specifically about fame quirks: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/celebrity-fame-quirks.php

• Options
    youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    So far I like it way more than the fame addition in sims 3. I haven’t had the issues with ppl becoming celebrities so easily. I actually love it a lot in fact. There are sooooo many possibilities added to the game with this pack. It’s exceptionally great in conjunction with other packs too
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    So far I've been living in the San Myshuno apartments and they do congregate outside the elevator. I'm actually not quite sure how penthouses worked (never played on one) but if there's an elevator shaft before your main door I assume it's the same thing as the regular apartments.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I really like it. In the last build I made, I used a lot of GF decor items. I also tried the social media thing with the drones for the first time today, and I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow morning or else I'd fire up my save right now.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    BabySquare wrote: »
    In your honest opinion, is get famous worth getting?

Also, I've realised that 2 of my sims need the ability to become famous but I'm worried about quirks. Do we know what the full list of quirks are and how they're triggered? because there's some I definately would NOT want.

Also, if I bought GF and my sims lived in a penthouse, would that prevent paparazzi/fans congregating outside?

I didn't buy it. Same number of residential lots gps have in an ep! Ridiculous!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    I bought it last Tuesday but I haven't found the time to open the game a try it yet. I think the new mid-century furniture alone make it worth getting.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    No, don't get it. It will consume your life and you won't want to do anything but play. :P

This, so much :lol:

Everyday I've been excited to come home and play it. Its an EP I never thought I'd love, but I think its up there with Seasons. IMO its one of the best Sims EPs to date. I've had so much fun with it.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    I honestly love it. The acting career is amazing! I’d say it’s possibly my favourite expansion pack from a gameplay point of view (though Seasons is great for the weather). So, in my opinion it’s worth it! But, that’s just me. If you’re not sure, it might be a good idea to watch some Let’s Plays on YouTube.
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    I really like the new fame system. Having a lot of fun with it so far.
  • Options
    I really appreciate all the feedback :)

I'll be honest, I'm leaning away from it. I wouldn't use DSV, as I'm not keen on that world (I'm waiting for a world that looks like Hidden Springs, or Venice), and it's only 2 of my sims who would use fame; it's a lot of money to spend for just 2 sims. If they were my only 2 then sure, except they're not.

I do like the build/buy stuff, but not so much that I absolutely HAVE to have it.
    The media production skill does look super interesting though.

I have one further question; how often (ie, per week) do actors have gigs? (not counting auditions; I looked up the salary and it told me the amount per gig).
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have been having a bleary eyed blast with it. I can't seem to stop playing. The fame system is linked in to everything also so.. it's going to be a long time before I hit it from every angle I'm use to playing in much less in new ways.
    As for quirks my current sim has the "no touching" quirk and it makes him tense when people he's not in a relationship with touch him. He got it I think right after he asked someone to be his gf. Funnily enough he is doing the serial romantic aspiration along with a few others. So it's pretty funny to me. It might be annoying on another type of sim but for him it's perfect. You can get something in game called the celestial crown and it uses crystals to get rid of a quirk .. haven't gotten rid of one but I know it takes a rare crystal. Now crystals also say what they can be used for in that object also. I think there are other ways to get rid of them but I like to use in game mechanics so I'd even download and place a crystal shop from the gallery if I couldn't find what I wanted.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    I have one further question; how often (ie, per week) do actors have gigs? (not counting auditions; I looked up the salary and it told me the amount per gig).

That depends, my actor has a agency that books the gig about 2-3 days after she books it. She books about 2 gigs a week. She skips through the auditions, but there’s an agency for commercials that would book it about 1-2 days after she books, but those do not pay well.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No, don't get it. It will consume your life and you won't want to do anything but play. :P

This!!! Since TS3 Island Paradise I haven't been so addicted to a pack.
  • Options
    I greatly appreciate everyone's feedback.

I've decided I'm not getting it. From what I've heard about quirks and celebs randomly spawning (also not being able to turn off the reputation system - a system I actively don't want), coupled with the fact that the content I do like I can live without it would be more hassle than it's worth it seems.
  • Options
    AnimasolaAnimasola Posts: 4 New Member
    The biggest problem with this expansion is that any type of lot and wherever you go, celebrities will show up and everyone freaks out. You used to go to the nightclub and dance with friends? Its over as soon as a celebrity shows up, every goes nuts, even the DJ stops playing, the bartender runs away. Want to grill at the park? Same thing, celebrities show up and chaos. No lot is the same anymore. It is just a big chaotic sim mess, everyone standing and crying around the 2 or 3 celebrities usually spawning. They even stalk you at home..... Some nice features to make money from home with the video and music mix station, but it is not well executed and does not really connect with available features. It is nice in the beginning, but the it get old if you just want to hang out in the cafe and talk, when it gets busted by an army of celebrities.... This pack needs a lot of tuning. Just my opinion....
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited November 2018

I've decided I'm not getting it. From what I've heard about quirks and celebs randomly spawning (also not being able to turn off the reputation system - a system I actively don't want), coupled with the fact that the content I do like I can live without it would be more hassle than it's worth it seems.

There is an option to turn fame off for sims you do not want to become famous. It's easily turned back on if you decide otherwise later.
    The Quirks aren't too bad, some of them are handy to have others are funny, there is a list ingame that tells you of all the quirks and what your sims will have to do in order to gain them, which makes it easy to avoid the ones you don't want, if you don't give your home lot the celebrity home trait not many if any sims will gather outside. There are always options.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    simm621 wrote: »

There is an option to turn fame off for sims you do not want to become famous. It's easily turned back on if you decide otherwise later.
    The Quirks aren't too bad, some of them are handy to have others are funny, there is a list ingame that tells you of all the quirks and what your sims will have to do in order to gain them, which makes it easy to avoid the ones you don't want, if you don't give your home lot the celebrity home trait not many if any sims will gather outside. There are always options.

I appreciate your post :)

I've actually cut down my number of played households from 8 to 5, and one of the households I'm not playing anymore are the only sims I would make famous, so (at least for now) there's really no point in me purchasing the pack. It is good to know there are workarounds though, and I appreciate that aspects of gameplay aren't always as inconvenient as they appear; I thought lack of snow depth would be quite an issue for me but it turns out I don't even notice it.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member

I've actually cut down my number of played households from 8 to 5, and one of the households I'm not playing anymore are the only sims I would make famous, so (at least for now) there's really no point in me purchasing the pack. It is good to know there are workarounds though, and I appreciate that aspects of gameplay aren't always as inconvenient as they appear; I thought lack of snow depth would be quite an issue for me but it turns out I don't even notice it.

Yeah I know what you mean, I usually jump off the deep end thinking certain things are going to hinder more than help, then once I have the content in had I realise they really do try to think of everything to give you as many options as possible.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    But i must say i am realy angry about this realy realy small new world.
  • Options

Yeah I know what you mean, I usually jump off the deep end thinking certain things are going to hinder more than help, then once I have the content in had I realise they really do try to think of everything to give you as many options as possible.

Yeah absolutely. Even with packs/content/features I'm not interested in I appreciate the thought and work that went into making it possible.
  • Options
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    But i must say i am realy angry about this realy realy small new world.

I'm still a bit annoyed that FH isn't bigger.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Depends on what you want to get out of it. For me it is not worth the price it is at now as it has an small neighborhood and again some customers thought with the theme with this pack one would get an big neighborhood with many lots and that did not happen. Also it did not help to find out the reasoning behind gimped packs which is performance which justified some customers reasoning behind the lack of tech in them. However, again that is up to you and you alone to make that decision.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I am not into celebrities since I think they live useless lives, but I would have bought it just for the content as I do normally I looked at the list of objects and CAS and it was not very inspiring. So I am not going to buy it, really I think that if this is the best EA can do it is rather cheap.