Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are bills suppose to be this high?

13...Next

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Aren't we all glad that's not how our utilities are assessed in RL? I have fireplaces in my Sims homes, plus ceiling fans in the mansion. Neither helps the bill, sadly enough. I'm also a bit tweaked that the cost of cooling the house is less expensive than heating it. I've never found that to be the case in RL. The only thing that does seem to have an effect is the Thrifty Trait you Sim can earn.

Have you never lived anywhere that gets really cold? Lived in Wisconsin for the first 20+ years of my life, and winter heating bills were insane. Summer cooling was hardly a cost at all.

Now, if you live in a place like SoCal, you are right...cooling is the killer. But even then, my electric bill in summer in SoCal was no comparison to what the gas bill was in winter when I lived in Wisconsin.

Sims weather for most of the towns are closer to Wisconsin. Would make sense in Oasis Springs to have it the other way around though.

I live in the middle of the US and our summer bill nearly kills us. We get hot and humid in the summer, but we get in the single digits in the winter, too. But my electric company legit told me one day, they charge us more during the summer months then the winter months "because they can"... her exact words.

I had called because during the winter I had use 2000 units in November and my bill was barely over 100, but I used 10 less, 1990 in July and my bill was nearly 200 more. That's what lead me to call and that was when I was told we are charged more in the summer, "because they can".

But, game related... the increase from using the thermostat is still well over 500%... that's still more than my company charges me at the their most. A $3,000 bill from one week, to a $25,000 the next cause you used the thermostat is beyond ridiculous.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    My bills for my fourth generation Legacy house, with the Frugal trait, come in at around $20k per week. Payable so long as I harvest my (lovingly grafted) all-year-around everything garden with extra dragon fruits every other day. I get about $40k per yield.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • CreateitgamingCreateitgaming Posts: 16 New Member
    I think its because of the thermostat. Sims have the interaction complain about cost of heating so its probably right.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Chellejo, you bring up a good point, there is protection on electric heating bills. The gas bills for winter heating way back when I lived in Wisconsin didn't have that...my winter heating bills were over 400 a month and that was almost 30 years ago. O.O. The good news is, because it was gas, the bill was almost nothing the rest of the year and we had the option to prorate those costs over a 12 month year period.

Wonder if there's any $ protection on gas heating bills still these days, no idea.

What we need is to get a sim-congress formed to give us the same protections in game. B)

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited November 2018
    Only way to counter "because they can" is not to use their services and found other way to keep warm/cold, same for power, like solar/wind power at home rather than use a company gas and electort power where that is very costly in winter than summer where I live in a north. Could not use heater that need power by wear coat/heavy cloth to keep warm to save cost or open all window with fan going out while keep door open, not closed to cool down so not to use AC that need power in the summer season to save cost to deny their taken a advantage of people. (I guess summer isn't that hot and shorter than south, while winter is longer and cold longer in north, depend where and what kind of power use to heat or cool.
  • _Sam__Sam_ Posts: 98 Member
    Honestly, you'll be shocked if I told you I've had a $500,000+ in one bill.

FYI the lot size is 64x64 with 3 floors and 3 basements.
    lPISDta.jpg
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    _Sam_ wrote: »

Wow...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    @siliclone OMG I love your David Tennant character, and Rose too!!!!!! Are they on the gallery???
    2ynjgg8.png
  • OriginalNameOriginalName Posts: 347 Member
    Corenren wrote: »
    @siliclone OMG I love your David Tennant character, and Rose too!!!!!! Are they on the gallery???

I second this!

I looked but couldn't find one (not one that looks that good). There is a decent Tom Baker one though.

• BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Yeah, it's been a problem to me for the time I first started playing the game, as I was just wondering why the bills are so high.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited December 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by bixters on
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @bixters the most recent patch fixed the thermostat bill craziness, so that wouldn't even be a factor anymore.

Your bills are crazy because of the child support. 49,000 of the 60,000 is child support, it says it right there. That's from the MCCC mod (or some other mod). You can't expect the sims team to fix your mod use...

(If you use MCCC, you can turn that off, or just lower the percentage you have it set to if you don't already have it all the way down to 1)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @bixters the most recent patch fixed the thermostat bill craziness, so that wouldn't even be a factor anymore.

Your bills are crazy because of the child support. 49,000 of the 60,000 is child support, it says it right there. That's from the MCCC mod (or some other mod). You can't expect the sims team to fix your mod use...

(If you use MCCC, you can turn that off, or just lower the percentage you have it set to if you don't already have it all the way down to 1)

Thanks, didn't catch that, how silly of me :D The mother in the household had 3 illegitimate children, so I guess that's why it's so high. I'll have to alter the child support payments a bit. In reality, they should only be 11,000, which still seems a little steep...
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I'm living in a palace and the bills were 200.000$ !!!
    But after the update I got only 1$ two times. I think they did something to that, something bad...
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    _Sam_ wrote: »

Consistently in the $500k range. I have built multi-basement castles with lower bills. This is a regular house with a detached greenhouse and a single level basement. (30x20 lot)

Now if Schrewd was working it'd be ok. but when you spend 90% of your time to make up the bills and a fortnightly bill is 50% of the value of the lot is worth .... Sounds odd to me.
  • AzzararAzzarar Posts: 3 New Member
    I've got a 20x30 lot and it costs me $9596 for a bill. $9585 for lot taxes and $11 for power. Now, that's ducking exaggerating if you ask me and every week that passes, the bill goes up by more than $1000. This is not normal. As you can see, my power bill is very small as I don't use that much. I close my lights whenever I go to work and don't use them and I'm just starting the freaking game. The freaking bill is nearly taking up ALL of my salary by now. What the duck is wrong with this game? This is complete and utter BS! I had a previous game with the biggest lot and it cost me sometimes $343 per week for that house. I had 4 levels and a basement. Are you freaking kidding me? They're robbing me blind!
  • AzzararAzzarar Posts: 3 New Member
    I've tried to get a thermostat, but it doesn't have one. I've tried thermometer, but it doesn't have one either, so I CAN'T USE THAT! I bought a fireplace to try and warm the place up sometimes but that doesn't work either. So what is the ducking problem? I had a freaking mansion and NEVER EVER paid more than $1000! This is eating up my whole salary almost... $10,000 a week, are you freaking kidding me!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top