Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any CAS Lovers out there?

Comments

• FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    I create male sims mostly simply because I have a hard time getting female sims looking right, especially the make-up. I also have trouble with the eyes and they end up looking squinty. I also spend a lot time doing builds. I seldom put them on the gallery because I use a lot of cc and can never remember where it all came from.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Me. I rarely play the actual game, but I create a lot of sims. More than I'll ever need.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Me. I rarely play the actual game, but I create a lot of sims. More than I'll ever need.

I feel ya there. I just get so carried away creating alternate universes of alternate universes that I'm like how many versions of these guys did I make?
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I unfortunately have a lot of trouble creating Sims with skin colors other than Caucasian. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get Sims with darker or lighter skin to look the way I want! I'm also afraid that I'll end up portraying them in not the best light so there's that too. I swear I'm not racist! :s

I'm black and I have a really hard time picking skintones for Asian sims. There's only one or two that I cna make work, idk if its me or the game! I think i'll try finding some cc skins to help with this
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited November 2018
    Also @AshtontoAshton22 Do you use cc? Xmiramira's Melanin pack makes creating dark skinned sims a lot easier and more realistic :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

citysimmer wrote: »
    Also @AshtontoAshton22 Do you use cc? Xmiramira's Melanin pack makes creating dark skinned sims a lot easier and more realistic :)

I do use cc sometimes! I'll try and look for that!
  • Cutie_Pie3074Cutie_Pie3074 Posts: 288 Member
    I'm getting to be addicted to cas but nobody notices my work :'(
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I love CAS and have been known to spend hours there at a time. That said, I'm not a CAS dwelling simmer so much as a builder. Not a great builder, but a builder nonetheless. I love the sims 4 version of CAS and, even though it has no color wheel, its the best CAS we've had to date, I feel. There's an excellent variety of clothing available in many different eras and styles and I love the pull and drag features there.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

I don't even upload mine to the Gallery. It isn't about recognition for me.

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Any CAS lovers out there utilizing the new Style career to your advantage? :smiley: I can't play anything from the patch or GF yet bc I'm waiting for the hotfixes on them and I'm waiting on a sale for GF.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    I'm not interested in the Style career at all. I don't see what the point of it is but that's getting off topic.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I love CAS! I found I was using the same pieces over and over, though :lol:
    That's why I came up with a way to force myself to use pieces I don't normally. The "challenge" I came up with is fun, but isn't getting a lot of love, so I'm wondering if people want to beta test it and let me know if there are any ideas to enhance it.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,455 Member
    While I enjoy this newer and better CAS, I don't spend copious time there --- especially since the latest patch glitched 'time'. Sims age whilst in CAS. I had to outfit the groom's family for the upcoming wedding and everybody, his parents and four siblings aged up anywhere from 2-4 days! I play on Long. The groom somehow escaped. I know this because I took the time to jot down how many days they had until they were due to age up. Comparing that with what they were once I got out of CAS was startling. I also was aware people were complaining of this problem before I did it. I do have my entire Sims4 game folder copied to my desk top, so if it becomes problematic, no worries. I always change out a Sims' wardrobe upon aging up, so this could be a problem later on.

As for hiding out in CAS, that's not my style. If I need a break from the game, I have been known to go into build mode and create their next dwelling. I find that very relaxing. It takes me about three + hours to complete a build, do the finish work and furnish it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GhostsGhosts Posts: 7 New Member
    i love cas!
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    I love CAS! It's just fun creating new faces and trying out different styles of hair and clothing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy actually playing too but I do think TS4 has the blandest gameplay so far especially compared to TS2. As such I spend a lot more time in CAS!
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I also love CAS! I have 2 saves I use just for testing new CAS that I download...in those saves, all I do is dress the neighborhood Sims and give them CC hair and CC shoes. Then, after determining the CAS custom content works, I move it to a different Mods folder, which I use for most of my saves, and start fresh with more new CAS custom content to test. (Only the Mods folder I am currently using for my game is named Mods, the other Mods folders have different names, and each folder has a different name when not in use). I get most of my CAS content from TSR.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love CAS in this game and I can spend hours creating characters, matching their outfits to their personalities or viceversa, making their features to my taste, etc. I enjoy every bit of it. Like the OP I am also guilty of having bought a pack solely for the CAS items.
    But I also love building and very often I will just open the game and just build and decorate for hours.
    My rotational save is so much fun at the moment as well that I am spending a lot of time in live mode recently.
    I guess, despite all the flaws this game has, I still find a lot of joy using every aspect of it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I too spend a lot of time in CAS - I like challenging myself to do different things. Sometimes I stick with the same items because I really like the way the look and/or are styled but at the same time I like forcing myself to be "out of my box".

I like themes or recreating someone (whether that's IRL, TV/Netflix shows, YouTubers etc). There's so many creative things you can do in CAS that I think some people overlook
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2018
    The sims in the sims 4 are so boring that I prefer creating them and decorating their houses over playing their lives. I can spend a good 2 hours in CAS making 1 sim and another 2+ decorating a house. Then I either make a story for the sim(s) I made and play them, leave them to their own devices or I burn them and the house to the ground. It's cathartic. I don't upload to the gallery because I don't care about recognition.
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    CAS is fun. I usually always have a "theme" for my household. Retro, funky, modern, glam. I do enjoy it very much!
    I have a tendency to make goofball female Sims because they're just fun to play and I associate most with crazy females, so yeah.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I spend almost all of my time in cas. I sometimes spend days working on a Sim, lol.

This Sim took me a couple of days to create. :D He is my favorite Sim (he is also a vamp).
    q4cNZBa.png
    He/Him
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member

what's your gallery ID? I will check you out
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • _Sam__Sam_ Posts: 98 Member
    I spent a lot of time in CAS before Get Famous expansion pack came out, before GF expansion there really wasn't anything to do
    lPISDta.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I've spent a lot of time in CAS after Seasons reclothing all my favourite Sim families. They now have fantastic multiple choices of outfits for summer, winter and parties. I sometimes use the dice roll option to see what Maxis comes up with.

There's now so much to do with terrain, building and CAS there's little time to play the game itself but I bought Get Famous for the objects and build items anyway. :)