Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I love the idea of turning a husband's shirts into a quilt @ADWilson! And I love the butterfly story too! She'll always have part of her sister with her this way.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    When Something is "Write"

Watching his niece and nephews as they handle relationships, Luke is glad to know that they can tell when something is right. And when it isn't.
    Letter 22
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ADWilson Love the family feel to this story: it really does read like Luke's made a journey from one type of guy to another. And I like how Tom has developed - and Abigail's troubles as well. Hope you have a good weekend :)
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    @ADWilson Love the family feel to this story: it really does read like Luke's made a journey from one type of guy to another. And I like how Tom has developed - and Abigail's troubles as well. Hope you have a good weekend :)

Thank YOU!
    Giving it a family feel felt right. The situation has the potential to change any sim, if they're open to change, and Luke seems like the type of guy who cares deeply for family even if he comes across as a tough guy in certain situations. Tom made sure everyone is well-fed and offered advice when needed, but now that he's married and his siblings are almost YA too ... it seems like he might need another purpose in his life. Abigail's story is still developing (I've had a plan in place for a while now and the game gave me plenty to work with!). With my focus being on Luke and lately Abigail, the twins haven't had a chance to shine on their own and I feel bad about that. There's still time to get something in motion there, I think.

Enjoy your weekend also. :)
    Today our plans are to attend a Renaissance Faire that is roughly 1 1/2 hours from where we are. It's the last weekend for it and we've been wanting to go for a few years but the timing has not been in our favor before now (this one is offered two weekends each fall and benefits the schools in that county). Looking forward to it!!
    I hope you enjoyed the ren faire, @ADWilson!!

How's the quilt coming along, @SamelaRita?
    @ciane I've finished it! Picture coming up soon. Have got back into my story, though after so long away it's taking me a while to get going fluently again...half of the next chapter is done though. Busy weekend coming up (we've just tidied out the garage so that we can get the car back into it over the winter!) but then there should be some spare time again for simming :smile:
    How's life with you? Anything nice planned for the weekend?
    @ADWilson Was the renaissance fair fun? And did you take any pictures? Also, probably, did you just have to buy anything? ;)
    There's a Santa's Workshop craft fair today. So, I thought I'd take grandma to that. Hubby is working a 12-hour shift, so we can come and go as we please and maybe do a little other shopping. But, gma gets tired out easily, so just the craft fair after she gets back from feeding the birds at the park will probably be more than enough for her.

I'm glad you finished both projects - the garage and the quilt - and are back to simming and storytelling again! I eagerly await more stories!
    Yes, it was. :)
    Smaller than the one in our area but well done. It reminded us of what ours used to be like. We liked this one because the monies go to the schools in the county & high school students worked the two-weekend event. Some were characters and those in the culinary program prepared food. I was quite impressed by this concept! We were busy enjoying the shows and exploring (there was a mystery to solve by talking to various characters) so we weren't thinking about taking pictures. Oops! Will have to remember next year. My daughter and I purchased some handmade soaps that we look forward to using. We also learned about an organization that has artisans that teach various crafts (glass beads, dyes, weaving, etc.) ... quite interesting!! The day we went, they had a handfasting ceremony and our daughter really wanted us to do it. It was a lovely little ceremony and we're going to put the certificate plus cord in a display box.

Congratulations on finishing the quilt and cleaning out your garage @SamelaRita :)
    The Santa's Workshop craft fair sounds fun @ciane! There is a holiday craft fair next weekend that we're hoping to go to.

Yes to more stories!!
    Oh, you had such fun, @ADWilson! That really was a spectacular event. I love that the monies raised go to the schools!
    Hello again. :)
    It's been a while since Luke last wrote.

Hit the "Write" Chord
    Time passes and as the season changes, a few birthdays are celebrated. Luke discovers that birthday surprises can hit the right chord.
    Letter 23
    It's been a while since I've managed to do any writing either! But finally, here's the next chapter of A Nice Quiet Life (don't faint with shock!)...
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/11/a-nice-quiet-life-chapter-9.html
    And I'm well on my way with the next chapter too...
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Hello again. :)
    It's been a while since Luke last wrote.

Hit the "Write" Chord
    Time passes and as the season changes, a few birthdays are celebrated. Luke discovers that birthday surprises can hit the right chord.
    Letter 23

Loved the chapter and the way the children are growing up and have noticed what Luke did for them.
    It's been a while since I've managed to do any writing either! But finally, here's the next chapter of A Nice Quiet Life (don't faint with shock!)...
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/11/a-nice-quiet-life-chapter-9.html
    And I'm well on my way with the next chapter too...

Happy to see another of your chapters. :)
    Great chapter! Am a little saddened by what might happen even if it needs to happen. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
    Loved the chapter and the way the children are growing up and have noticed what Luke did for them.

Thank you.
    Woot! What a great day! Two chapters to read!!! I loved them both, though I'm feeling a bit sad for the cat lady who wants to be a grandma, but thinks her kitties will be a nuisance.
    edited November 2018
    This is the finished quilt as well (and the reason the story went so slow!)
    Z2nq7p.jpg
    And it goes up to my niece this weekend. I finished it just in time...
    Lovely quilt @SamelaRita :)
    How wonderful that you finished it in time, she is sure to be pleasantly surprised!
    Oh it's perfect! And, perfectly lovely!
    @ADWilson and @ciane Thankyou for the compliments! I had to stand on the stepladders to photograph it to try and get it all in - it's about 6' 6" square by now. Ground level photos just didn't work.
    Hope you both had a good weekend, and that Monday is a good day for you and yours :)
    @ADWilson and @ciane Thankyou for the compliments! I had to stand on the stepladders to photograph it to try and get it all in - it's about 6' 6" square by now. Ground level photos just didn't work.
    Hope you both had a good weekend, and that Monday is a good day for you and yours :)

I bet! Getting up on a stepladder to grab a pic is a good idea when doing something larger like this ... now if I could only remember it when doing it on my end, lol

The weekend was mostly nice on this end. We had a long one since husband and daughter had Thursday & Friday off.
    *Started our holiday baking which worked out well since daughter was meeting friends on Saturday and mentioned cookies. They liked what she brought, Orange Carob, ... even one friend's husband who isn't a fan of carob. That's a compliment for sure!
    *Did some online Christmas shopping which is really nice because I'm not a fan of crowded stores even during non-holiday times!
    *Finished a few chores to prepare for getting a tree on Sunday but ended up postponing our purchase since daughter has allergy testing this coming Thursday and has to be off her medication until then. No sense in possibly making things any more uncomfortable for her.

Hope your weekend was enjoyable!!
    Another letter is available and the finish line draws even closer. :) and :'( about this!

Set Things "Write"
    Things go south making Luke realize that he needs to help set things right.
    Letter 24
    Another letter is available and the finish line draws even closer. :) and :'( about this!

Set Things "Write"
    Letter 24

Loved it! :D And also the unexpected event (don't want to name it and spoil things for epole who haven't read it yet). Never had that happen to me either!
    I'll be sorry to see the end of the family, though... :'(

Set Things "Write"
    Letter 24

Loved it! :D And also the unexpected event (don't want to name it and spoil things for epole who haven't read it yet). Never had that happen to me either!
    I'll be sorry to see the end of the family, though... :'(

Thank YOU! Glad you loved it :)
    Would be interested to know if anybody else experienced this event before.
    Me too! Was working on the last letter yesterday and had to stop several times because I was getting teary-eyed. My husband said this story resonated because it made people wonder what would happen to their child/ren if someone else needed to raise them or vice versa with having to raise a family member's child/ren. Emotional stuff indeed!
    I'd love to see you carry over into a follow-on story!

This is it. The last letter.

A lot of changes have happened since the first day/letter, but one thing is for certain ... Luke and the kids are alright!
    Letter 25

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top