Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you've discovered in Get Famous

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    bomistry wrote: »
    Also I've experienced my celebrity sim constantly doing "react in disgust" every plum time... whenever it's at my own home, at another palce, anywhere regardless of situation... even when my sim is alone she does it! It's so god plum annoying! If this is a bug can this please be fixed!
    If not is there any modder here who could make a mod which removes it?!

What are they reacting in disgust to?

I think it has to do with the no touch quirk, sims don’t like to get touched by anyone who isn’t a friend or family and they have to be the same level fame as them. This is my guess, im not sure, it’s odd it’s happening when the sim is alone at home

No I have celeb sims who get disgusted and don t have the no touch quirk.

Sounds like a bug that needs raising over at AHQ.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    bomistry wrote: »
    > @bomistry said:
    > Also they should fix the lifestyle brand launching issue... because as of now you it's broken 100%.
    > What happens is that when you're trying to make your own lifestyle brand it dosn't work when you make it... nothing happens and you're back to the start where you can choose to launch a lifestyle brand again.. (same as before - aka same window)

as of now it's completly broken* (idk why it decided to put "you" there, I didn't write that even lol)

Again, if it's a bug it need raising here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2018
    Han anyone mentioned the vampire issue to a simguru where they loose reputation even when drinking from a sim in private (by compelling or asking)?

I'd like to know as I don't really want to get the pack if that's by design (which I assume it's not, based on the live stream).
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    The talking toilets can become famous, too! I laughed so hard when I saw it for the first time!!!
  • xabbynip09xabbynip09 Posts: 17 Member
    Okay, I’m going to count this as a bug, but my sim toddler vampire self got TWO obsession fans that are literally adults (not young adults)! One is a woman built a shrine and just needs my hair and the other which is some male that says I love you. The sims logic.
    "Now, don't you go shortening the word family by cutting out my three favorite letters. I-L-Y." ~Patton (Thomas Sanders) from Sander Sides
    tenor.gif
  • SettazPSettazP Posts: 7 New Member
    How does my celebrity level go down when I do an acting gig every week and I gain fame from that?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited November 2018
    SettazP wrote: »
    How does my celebrity level go down when I do an acting gig every week and I gain fame from that?

Because I think you need to be in the public eye while doing fame raising activities, e.g.: perform scenes on the streets or record streams. At least, that works for me.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    With the quirk, my sim got their phone number leaked and she's getting texts like this.
    FSXaJSD.png?1

Even got a sad moodlet from it. This is probably what anonymous forum posts must be like.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    As a celebrity, if you add sims to your group, you can ask the bouncer to let everyone in even if they're not celebrities.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2018
    fights on neighborhood brawl day (random holiday that shows with seasons) will still give bad reputation, even if they're actually friendly interactions (after the fight, the sims hug and get a +friendship boost)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    fights on neighborhood brawl day (random holiday that shows with seasons) will still give bad reputation, even if they're actually friendly interactions (after the fight, the sims hug and get a +friendship boost)

This sounds like a bug or an oversight.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I'll share some details about the reputation system I've just discovered.
    If your sim interacts with others and they are observed, the reputation changes a little. But if sim reaches a new relationship level (friends, disliked etc), the reputation changes a lot even when there's no sims around to see it and it doesn't matter if that sim is part of the household or not.
    So if you want a good reputation fast, make lots of friends. If you want to have your sim get a bad reputation fast, make lots of enemies.
    Get Together expansion pack helps a lot at good reputation, as you can talk NPC sims up to the sim you want to have good reputation. This interaction will instantly make them friends if successful. Bad reputation is easy: Rude introduction, 2-3 mean interactions and fight.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    from the patch notes:

"Lowered the number of social media followers gained when a Sim with level 10 Charisma skill uploads a viral video."

Thanks, I thought it was a bug. My Sim uploaded a viral video and got 50 followers. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
    The value of an autograph increases over time. This seems to apply only to level 5 celebrities.
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I have found that the fame quirks that are easiest to pick up are the mirror vanity one (because of so much practicing acting in the mirror) and the foodie one (because most of my Sims are fabulous cooks). I've also gone through and given all my current lounges the new lot traits, and added a few in Newcrest for my famous Sims to have events in varied spaces.
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    I just discovered that your sim can have a phone addiction now. I would post a screenshot of it but unfortunately I cant yet..but it says

New Quirk:
    Phone Fanatic

Jiyoo has developed an addiction to using her phone! She'll take any opportunity she can get to pull out her phone and happily tap away. On occasion, she'll become Tense if she hasn't used her phone for Entertainment recently

They can also juice. Now we just need a rehab.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Found a new invite event. Lucas was making abirthday cake to age up his toddler son, until his brother popped up asking about a talent show.
    HLSY4y1.png?1

SOOOOO I ditched (don't judge me) and we were at the lounge.

VFWku5e.png?1

You go to the bar and click on join 'open mic'. There's already a lot of sims there. Some seated in tables with a drink too as well as a sim already on the mic. This is great. Never seen the lounge quite as active like this.

j0i05Ou.png
    QN0asw5.png

If you have a instrument in your inventoy you can also enter the talent contest by playing it.

Cassandra whipped out her violin all of a sudden and started playing in the middle of the lounge and pretty much took the spotlight from Lucas. Rood.
    p4Wkgfi.png

Well up until Ocatvia Moon started dancing and got everyone's attention. Can't win for losing ):

I tried this after seeing this thread. I was a but disapointed because it didnt work very well. Everyone was standing around talking. Not seated. The first time it told me when it was my turn. But the second time I went to a different venue it never told me it was my turn. Also it never told me who won both times. And both times there was no competition. Just my two sims.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    If you have Seasons you can set up a Celebrity Fan Meet and Greet on the calendar otherwise you can start it as an event right on the fly.

Your sim can earn money and some fame as well.

Cool. Once my sims becomes more famous I am gonna do this.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Judith Ward wouldn't give my adult sim an autograph, but gave both her children autographs. Don't know if that's purposeful or not.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    Alorapop wrote: »

I tried this after seeing this thread. I was a but disapointed because it didnt work very well. Everyone was standing around talking. Not seated. The first time it told me when it was my turn. But the second time I went to a different venue it never told me it was my turn. Also it never told me who won both times. And both times there was no competition. Just my two sims.

Ah, that's unfortunate! Figued with how this particular lounge was set up with seats and a bar close by as well things fell into place pretty well.

Yeah, they don't really announce a winner much like a Kareoke contest, which may be by design or was either overlooked. Wasn't expecting any prizes just some recognition for my sim. Though, I just kinda found it amusing how sims were actually sitting down watching performances and chatting among drinking bar drinks.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited November 2018
    I found out that I can put the acting stars in my community lots. I have two in the disco tech in willows creek. My sims can perform confront of camera and the audience. It gives skills, fun and freelancers to create videos.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »

I'm sure that's a bug with the father thinking his daughter is hot but I'm glad celebs get flirty text.

Hopefully they fix that.