Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    FORUM ID: Adniram00
    ORIGIN ID: Simfarious
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/62AE5C18EE2211E882496995527B6279
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Jungle Bunglaow
    GALLERY COST: $124,659
    TOTAL COST: $127,159
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3AzaYxxF2iAwRmUW6
    ENTRY DETAILS: High on the cliffs of Salvadorado is a house perfect for that retired couple. If you have all the time in the world and hate blowing winter snows Hana Lee is your paradise. Bright colors through out the house will make anyone forget the cold. If your a growing family and need a getaway from the city streets this house is ready for you. Can sleep up to 4 adults/children and two toddlers. Come stay the weekend or live out your winters. A 2 story 3 br & 3ba vacation home originally built hundreds of years ago. Over time many have stayed here and left their mark. Either with the art on the walls or decor. Will you make your next mark? (Thanks for extension!)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    #BnS107 is officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited November 2018
    rtbsDXd.jpg

“Please, come in,” you say, gesturing for your two guests to sit.

A well-dressed woman hands you a business card which says ‘Settlement for Simanity’, and identifies herself as a Ms. Abby Jung. You know the organization but have never worked directly with them.

She is accompanied by a gentleman with the kind of impressive beard and friendly face usually reserved for Santas. He is dressed more… not casually, exactly, but you can tell he’s much more of a hands-on type, with a firm, calloused grip. He introduces himself as simply Tepeu.

“Thank you for seeing us without an appointment,” she says.

“Not at all,” you say. “How can I be of help to your organization?”

“Well, that’s an interesting question,” Tepeu says. “We are looking to create very small homes which can be cheaply and quickly erected, but still be functional for places where whole communities are in need.”

“War zones, natural disaster areas, displaced populations, that kind of thing,” Ms. Jung says. “These won’t be our idea of a house with so many rooms and possessions and furnishings.”

“No,” the Tepeu agrees. “These will be places for sleeping, food prep, and storage mainly. The important aspect is that the family will be in a good, solid structure which can provide safety. A door which locks. We take such security for granted but it is lacking in many areas of the world.”

You nod, remembering some of your own clients who so desperately needed a home after some kind of disaster or another. “I would be happy to be involved in any way I can.”

Tepeu breaks into wide grin.

“We have few requirements, mostly we are hoping you will be able to connect the dots for the actual design of the building,” says Ms. Jung as she hands over several briefs.

“The need is so wide-spread,” Tepeu says. “There are many climates and cultures which Settlement for Simanity will build for, so we are hoping we can get a variety of designs, while meeting the basic needs.”

“Of course!” you say, already having visions in your head.

The Brief:
    • Budget: 45,000 + lot cost (do not include lot cost in the $45,000 budget.
    • Any size lot can be used but the size of any of the single prototype structures on the lot should not be more than 64 squares total (e.g. 8x8, 4x16, etc.)
    • Your prototype lot should have at least 3 versions/copies of your design. Layouts can vary for different sized families.
    • Include a communal garden and any other special touches which may be appropriate for your build climate/location.
    • Pick one of the following community locations to design for:
      Desert
      Rainforest
      Subarctic
      Tropic
      Dense urban
      (You do not need to own a suitable world for your chosen location but your landscaping and terrain paints should be consistent with the climate
      you design for)
    • Each build will need to be fully securable.
    • At least two beds in each unit. The main be must be a regular adult bed. The 2nd bed can be a crib or toddler bed.
    • Toilet/bathing facilities
    • Cooking facilities
    • At least one additional skill item of any kind

Room Challenge:
    Fully decorate one of the three Simanity prototype modules on your lot to depict a family living in it.
    Budget: 12,000

Sim Challenge:
    Create a household with at least 3 members and show them in their new Simanity home. Be sure to highlight their traits and outfits in your media.

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS108 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is Wednesday 5th December 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    Dm5g7dk.png
    TvmoeFJ.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Is that 8x8 for all three or per house? Thanks!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Do the houses have to be separate or can they be next to each other, like a row of townhouses or a triplex?

Also the brief mentions three prototype structures, but the room challenge says 4. Which is it?
    image.png
    edited November 2018
    iampes23 wrote: »

8x8 max PER house :)
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Do the houses have to be separate or can they be next to each other, like a row of townhouses or a triplex?

Also the brief mentions three prototype structures, but the room challenge says 4. Which is it?

It's totally up to you how they are arranged!

It is 3 models not 4 - fixed that & thanks for catching it!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member

8x8 max PER house :)
    SimTresa wrote: »

It's totally up to you how they are arranged!

It is 3 models not 4 - fixed that & thanks for catching it!

Thanks!
    image.png
  • flobobunnyflobobunny Posts: 465 Member
    At least one additional skill item of any kind

In each unit, right?
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I am building along and another question came up:
    If you are adding a porch or patio to the house, would it count as part of the 64 blocks?

* a side grumble--you can now change the terrain elevations, but they did not really include terrain paints to match as of yet*
    FORUM ID: flobobunny
    ORIGIN ID: flobo82
    LEVEL: Established I guess?
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EE961902EF0C11E88ECDADD8C8E84D99?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=flobo82&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Arid Ridge
    GALLERY COST: 44,247
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/eWc0WrR
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went for a Tropical theme. Each unit has the essentials plus an art easel inside. The lot includes picnic areas, bbq's and a Plantain grove so the settlers can be somewhat self-sufficient
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/flobbie82
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

9hOZtYL.png

0ZHCRXn.png
  • VagueNightmareVagueNightmare Posts: 67 Member
    The Brief:
    • Budget: 45,000 - do not consider the cost of the lot
    • Any size lot can be used but the size of any of the 3 single prototype structures should not be more than 8x8 (64 squares total)
    • Your prototype lot should have at least 3 copies of your design. Layouts can vary for different sized families.
    • Include a communal garden and any other special touches which may be appropriate for your build climate/location.
    • Pick one of the following community locations to design for:
      Desert
      Rainforest
      Subarctic
      Tropic
      Dense urban
      (You do not need to own a suitable world for your chosen location but your landscaping and terrain paints should be consistent with the climate
      you design for)
    • Each build will need to be fully securable.
    • At least two beds in each unit (a crib or sleeping bag will count as a second bed for this challenge, but the primary must be a regular bed)
    • Toilet/bathing facilities
    • Cooking facilities
    • At least one additional skill item of any kind

@BuildnShare can you clarify these directions more they are worded very weirdly and i cant understand some of them. so its 45k plus lot cost? or 45k including lot cost? does each prototype go on its own seperate lot? the second bullet is confusing. also can you please clarify the bed thing? so any thing that a sim can sleep in is a bed? (including babies and toddlers?)
    Check out my Speed Builds! [img][/img]6JqfrhK.jpg
    FORUM ID: flobobunny
    ORIGIN ID: flobo82
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DFC5E2FAEF1711E88FB9ADD8C8E84D99
    GALLERY COST: 11,990
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ihexcC4
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went for soft relaxing colours and a cosy feel while including everything a sim needs to be comfortable
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/flobbie82

D1BireH.png

gz6iho3.png
    flobobunny wrote: »

In each unit, right?

Correct :)

I am building along and another question came up:
    If you are adding a porch or patio to the house, would it count as part of the 64 blocks?

No - the 64 blocks is just for interior space. Porches or patios would not be counted in that number.

@BuildnShare can you clarify these directions more they are worded very weirdly and i cant understand some of them. so its 45k plus lot cost? or 45k including lot cost? does each prototype go on its own seperate lot? the second bullet is confusing. also can you please clarify the bed thing? so any thing that a sim can sleep in is a bed? (including babies and toddlers?)

For this build, it is 45,000 + lot cost. You do not include the lot cost in the 45,000 figure.

The lot should include 3 copies/versions of your prototype.

Each building must include at least one regular, adult bed. The 2nd bed can be a toddler bed or crib.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited November 2018
    @BuildnShare Are we alllowed to do units that are, say, 4x16 (still 64 squares total), or does it have to stay within the 8x8 range?
    @BuildnShare Are we alllowed to do units that are, say, 4x16 (still 64 squares total), or does it have to stay within the 8x8 range?

Great question! Any layout is fine so long as it does not exceed 64 squares total. So, yes, 4x16 would work :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    No - the 64 blocks is just for interior space. Porches or patios would not be counted in that number.

I wish I knew that before :D Oh well

Sorry! Sometimes (despite our best efforts) our challenge directions aren't 100% clear to all entrants, and we have to issue clarifications :D You're always welcome to change/update your lot and slideshow before the challenge due date.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @BuildnShare It's been a while since a challenge caught my interest :) I just have a few questions/clarifications:
    Each build will need to be fully securable.

This is a bit vague. Care to expound on this? What does this exactly mean? Do we need to make sure that the house/build needs to be safe from thieves by adding walls/bars and such?

By additional, does this mean each build should have at least one skill item?

Sorry! Sometimes (despite our best efforts) our challenge directions aren't 100% clear to all entrants, and we have to issue clarifications :D You're always welcome to change/update your lot and slideshow before the challenge due date.

No worries, I'm happy with what I have
    pronterus wrote: »
    @BuildnShare It's been a while since a challenge caught my interest :) I just have a few questions/clarifications:
    Each build will need to be fully securable.

This is a bit vague. Care to expound on this? What does this exactly mean? Do we need to make sure that the house/build needs to be safe from thieves by adding walls/bars and such?

Hi - glad to see you back :) The buildings must have lockable doors and proper windows. So no arches in place of regular doors or windows without glass and/or shutters.

pronterus wrote: »
    By additional, does this mean each build should have at least one skill item?

Each of the buildings should have at least one skill item. This could be a bookcase or a more specialized skill item.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited December 2018
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #108 - Settlement for Simanity
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AliciaMaryAnne
    LOT: Overseas Rescue
    LOT COST: $1500.00
    LOT NAME: Pebble Burrow
    GALLERY COST:$42,584.00
    TOTAL COST: 44,084.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/JwATrVO
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Overseas Rescue is a development made out of sea-cans. It may not be very beautiful looking, but it was designed to be strong, and easily transported overseas to war torn countries. This will give refugees a safe home with clean water, amenities, and the opportunity for a new beginning.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    aSw0ACN.png
    sxamafs.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Very interesting new challenge @BuildnShare .. :)

The challenge says that "Your prototype lot should have at least 3 versions/copies of your design. Layouts can vary for different sized families."

I would like to get a further clarification on this. May I know if each version of the prototype can have more than 1 build, & we can have more than 3 versions of prototypes?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks for the clarification @BuildnShare !
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2018
    CHALLENGE #108 - Settlement for Simanity
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established or Expert ( Not sure 2nd time participating in a BnS )
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FEFFCC1BF05611E88E86ADD8C8E84D99?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=PINKUSFAMILY&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Built on SlipShod Mesquite in Oasis Springs ( Lot name by me : Oasis Modular Homes )
    GALLERY COST: $ 44,752
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/gGn3EgK
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built 3 prototype modular homes in the Desert- each has its own unique floor plan and amenities. Each structure has the same dimensions. Partitions were used as makeshift walls, it cut the hassle and expense of building a real one. As an added bonus, they also added an element of design to the home. I added architectural options,such as exterior elevations & roof designs. Each home has its own wash line and Garden.. There is recreation space for skill learning and relaxing.. I Built these homes solid & sturdy with safety features in mind like- doors that lock.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/DianePink
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/diane.kotpinkus
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:46837270_2288093201410758_3098745172360429568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=8c2ee5af2efe0a5ff809a7c51d353480&oe=5CAB283F

46520212_2288093191410759_1339993688561942528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-1.fna&oh=2711c95b9dc5db4fd7dcceff1a1df168&oe=5CA97754
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2018
    Please let me know if you have any problem with the Link to My photo album on face book for Build n share #107.. I have encountered a problem when Entering for Build n share #108, My Photo link did not work...Because This I changed to imgur to showcase the build photos.. But I did go from my #107 entry to the photo album - I tested the link and it worked just today .. Anyway - again let me know if you encounter any problems with my entrys ...

Thanks,
    Diane Pinkus
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top