Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thing you dislike about seasons?...

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    How nobody uses the rinks. Like AT ALL!

they really are pointless. I don't know why it's a public location. And in willow creek it spawns next to my favorite lot. Why?!
    it's ruins the view of the lake.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Blueyed_babe10194Blueyed_babe10194 Posts: 17 Member
    May sound selfish, but I wish they included more items especially holiday decorations. When I play the sims I ussualy focus on sims growing in their careers, starting a family, letting the generation continue etc. compared to the sims 3 there are no where near enough items for toddlers like the bees they could ride or even fricken strollers. I understand there’s a “toddler stuff pack” but come on lol
  • TheArcticFox01TheArcticFox01 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @iliekponiez said:
    > Cheekybits wrote: »
    >
    > Btw what holiday with the 2 people sharing blocks suppose to be for?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I was wondering about that too.

Parents day? xD
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2018
    Many people mentioned this, but really I hate that for balloon and snowball fights to work properly you need at least four sims to participate. If you have less they'll just stand around and stare at each other. Having four or more sims in snowball fights makes it work fine though.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I have so many, I can't just pick one.
    Here I go!
    - Too much rain overall (apart from one or two worlds)
    - Sims can't do anything with an umbrella (walk the dog or carry a toddler for example)
    - Toddlers not having any way to protect themselves from the rain
    - Rain-wear is useless, the game should recognise it as such which brings me to...
    - The whole new clothes system is badly thought out and causes way too many problems
    - Weather effect not well done (only a few look nice, the rest has literally no depth)
    - Not enough traditions or icons
    - Not being able to personalise seasons or get rid of one of them
    - Skating is really pointless and sims don't even care for it
    - Not being able to see the weather forecast of other worlds (specially for going on vacation)
    - Stinky leaves
    - Leaves in general. They look like paint on the floor
    - Inconsistency with decor trees, bushes, flowers. Some are affected by the seasons, some are not. It looks really odd in game.
    - Sheltered plants looking dead but giving fruits
    - Not much to do in summer. Nothing added to pools whatsoever
    - No lounge chairs, no sunbathing

I'm going to stop now, but I have plenty more!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My clubs suddenly seem to not work so well. They gather but don't do their activities always.
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I am obsessed with making an outfit for each weather choice and it annoys me so much that my sims never change into the right one! I also am not as big a fan of holidays as I thought I would be, they're kind of stressful.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    - no snow cover in Oasis Springs. I never play in this world now as winter activities are not possible here.
    - Sims not changing out of their hot/cold outfits when going indoors
    - Widespread tense moodlet from thunderstorms. Most people I know irl find rain/thunder storms to be relaxing. I do, so I wish that wasn’t such a big problem for Sims.
    - No 21 day season length. Weird choice to just skip from 2 weeks to 4 without including a 3 week option.
  • mokia_sinhallmokia_sinhall Posts: 5 New Member
    This is dumb, but my biggest pet peeve is the lack of cold weather clothing options. There's plenty of outfit pieces I think should count, but instead there's like 7 tops total... and a lot of them don't fit the personality of the sims I make. I hate picking the seasonal outfits.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    This is dumb, but my biggest pet peeve is the lack of cold weather clothing options. There's plenty of outfit pieces I think should count, but instead there's like 7 tops total... and a lot of them don't fit the personality of the sims I make. I hate picking the seasonal outfits.

I have the same complaint. My sims end up looking same in cold weather clothing.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited October 2018
    EgonVM wrote: »

I have the same complaint. My sims end up looking same in cold weather clothing.

You can remove the filter in the category to make other clothing types qualify if they are assigned as cold weather clothing. I assume they function the same as the default cold weather clothing types.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    My issue is how festivals are affected during the rain. For the most part, I love Seasons.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    I hate how it will be late Spring and still be freezing outside, It doesn't really start getting warm until just before it changes to Summer so it is cold out every Season except for Summer and then cool even at night then

• LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @HIstoricgal Are you playing in Brindleton Bay or Windenburg?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

You can remove the filter in the category to make other clothing types qualify if they are assigned as cold weather clothing. I assume they function the same as the default cold weather clothing types.

When I set the cold weather clothing, I think how will it protect sims from cold. Wearing a sweater outdoors for me means that I will quickly freeze to death.
    Maybe I just mustn't think that the sim I create quickly gets cold like I do...
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    The change to Sims lifespans too. I don't like my twins not having the same birthdays!!!
    Same

1. All the world are celebrate Lantern Festival/Diwali/Hanukkah. It can setting a "Only this household"
    2. Plants growing in theirs season(fall and winter) likes dead
    3. Everyone include teens and olders will tense because thunder when indoor except self assured sims.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The fact that there aren't enough gifts to give. I mean, sure, we have bouquets and all but we should also have heart-shaped boxes of chocolates and/or candies (like Turkish delight perhaps) to give to our Sims' boyfriend/girlfriend on Hearts' Day. You can even give them to your mom or your grandma or something like that. I mean, I"m not just talking about confectioneries as gifts but other stuff like stuffed dolls/animals for kids or some kind of knitting thing for grandmas or the like. We should be able to put game consoles in our Sim's inventory to give away as gifts.

In Sims 3, you can put a car in your Sim's inventory and give it as a gift to their son/daughter who got an A in high school or graduated with flying colors in college.

The one feature that could've been added to Seasons, to up the ante of gift-giving, should've been some kind of "wish list" or something to that effect. Like your Sim would want a new pet or a new toy for their birthday or Christmas. Otherwise, gift-giving is just random. Not that I don't enjoy the whole gift-giving thing now. I love it. I just wish that our Sims were given some kind of desire to own something.

You can give anything that fits in your Sim's personal inventory -- I've had my Sim give a money frutt to her daughter as a wedding present so she and her new husband could grow their own money tree. I've had my authors give copies of their books, or painters gift paintings. And baked goods can make a nice gift too if you have GTW. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I hate hate HATE the new animation for weeding plants! I used to enjoy watching my sims tend their gardens and now, I can't stand to see it with that ridiculous weed sucking machine. Anyone know how to get rid of it or any mods that make weeding look realistic like it did before?

Overall, I just hate all the changes that were made to the gardening skill. I don't like the way the plants look even in full bloom. They look different and all the interactions seem watered down now. I wish they would have left that alone. I'm fine with them changing with the seasons, I just wish they would have stopped there with the revisions.

Please any advice on getting rid of the stupid weed sucking machine??
    I absolutely hate the idea of the house and fence decor which you can't remove! We build nice houses and put nice fences and then here comes a holiday and you end up with Hearts, lights and whatever else stuck to all our houses in our towns whether we place them or not. You can't even remove anything to get rid of them, they come right back on with the new one we place. Wish they would fix it so we can remove them after the holidays instead of having them clutter our nice houses forever!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It's winter and Sims are wearing their outdoor clothing on community lots.

I mean, who eats their dinner wearing a puffer jacket?
    giphy.gif
    edited November 2018
    That is so true or don't take off outerwear after coming in the house! Yes there are a few issues they need to fix and like yesterday not let them go on and on!

Also is it my game now or is everyone not able to go to certain building in different towns any more? My Sims can't go to any of the venues in Newcrest, Magnoliia or and other town except where they live.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    There are two things I dislike. Firstly, lack of snow depth (it would have improved the aesthetics of winter) and secondly, no mist or fog weather types. I would so love to have a dull, cold foggy autumn morning. :(
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    My Sim got invited to the Tech Fair, or whatever it's called. Problem is, he was supposed to show off his hacking skills, but it was raining. I click on a computer and I'm told they don't function in the rain. I could have had him do a repair, I suppose, but it was non-stop rain, so the computer would likely break again. I think this is a flaw. If it's raining this festival shouldn't pop up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I wish we had the option to choose more holiday icons and activities in the Calendar. There seems to be such a restricted variety.
    My Sim got invited to the Tech Fair, or whatever it's called. Problem is, he was supposed to show off his hacking skills, but it was raining. I click on a computer and I'm told they don't function in the rain. I could have had him do a repair, I suppose, but it was non-stop rain, so the computer would likely break again. I think this is a flaw. If it's raining this festival shouldn't pop up.

Even with the weather controller,which I use quite often. I live in the south and though we get alot of rain in the fall and the winter, instead of snow, it doesn't rain like it does in our game for the whole season with out any clear sunny days.. The game has continuous rain.