Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    To everyone new: Welcome to the forums. Just droppin' by to drop a few Awesomes on newbie's posts - to help ya get up to the Member status quicker and meet the requirements. :)

:waves:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • GoeguGoegu Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone :) I've been playing since TS3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Goegu wrote: »
    Hello everyone :) I've been playing since TS3

Hello @Goegu :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 3. You would have enjoyed spending may fun and enjoyable hours simming over the time. It is nice seeing how the lives of our sims are developing in our games.
    Happy simming! :)
  • marxeenmarxeen Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, Um...I been into Sims for well over a decade...anything from like Sims City (Orginal) to Sims Tower, to Get Famous...Here sometimes for help when I run at my wits end
    marxeen wrote: »
    Hey, Um...I been into Sims for well over a decade...anything from like Sims City (Orginal) to Sims Tower, to Get Famous...Here sometimes for help when I run at my wits end

Hello @marxeen :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been simming for over a decade and have been enjoying playing a variety of different simming games. All versions and types of simming games are very enjoyable and fun to play!
    It is great that reading the forums have helped you when game issues have happened in your game. It is good to read the experiences of fellow simmers and workarounds that they have used for the resolving of issues.
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Hello rosemow,

i play sims since years. But till now i wasn´t very active at forums yet :D
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    Hello rosemow,

i play sims since years. But till now i wasn´t very active at forums yet :D

Hello @Mirlo12 :) It is nice to meet you .
    It is great that you have started posting on the forums. I hope that you will enjoy reading the threads, and posting about the sims from your game.
    It is nice that you have been simming for many years. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    Thank you for welcome me :) Here are realy great people helping each other. I realy love that. I never have seen such a good comunity expect Sims players. B)
    Mirlo12 wrote: »
    Thank you for welcome me :) Here are realy great people helping each other. I realy love that. I never have seen such a good comunity expect Sims players. B)

You’re welcome @Mirlo12 :)
  • CreateitgamingCreateitgaming Posts: 16 New Member
    Hello I have a YouTube channel called Create it gaming where I play Sims 4 and planet coaster. I have just uploaded a video where I play a challenge I created called the Avenue Challenge.

The Avenue Challenge
    Create and maintain 4 individual families within one lot. Playing a family a week at a time try and fulfill each Sims lifetime aspiration, grow at least one family to their third generation using only sims in the household and never let the lights go out by paying all the bills each week before the power gets shut off. You must start out with Sims of a mix of ages and you must have one benefit family that cannot have jobs.

How to play
    Buy a large lot in any world and create a lot with at least 4 residential properties on it. This can be done in the form of flats, detached, semidetached or terraced houses. I have created a lot inspired by uk terraced houses with one converted into two flats to make 5 residential homes. I have uploaded this to the gallery under the name The Avenue. Don’t decorate the homes yet, wait to do this until you have created the households.
    Create at least 4 households using no more than 8 Sims (standard limit) in the same create a sim family. The characters are up to you but you must have one sim of each age stage in your 8. So you can’t have 8 young adults for example. Try and making some interesting characters, you have a lot of Sims to play with so perhaps try some the traits and aspirations you haven’t had a chance to play yet. Bear in mind that one family in your household won’t have a job so don’t pick an aspiration that requires them to work.

Move your Sims into an empty lot and use the motherlode cheat to add 50,000 for each family in your household. So you will have a minimum of 200,000 if you have 4 families to 400,000 if you decided to do 8 single Sims. Now move household into the lot you created, the cost of the property will be deducted. So if you had 200,000 and the price of the lot you made is 90,000 unfurnished then you will have 110,000 to furnish homes for all 4 families. It would be pretty difficult to make a lot worth more than 200,000 with just build materials but if you did then you might need to change your lot a bit so you can afford to purchase the lot and furnish it.

So now you need to pick which of the homes each of your sim families will live and decorate the home according to their personalities. Make sure each family has all the facilities they would need such as beds, toilet and fridge. If there is any empty homes on your lot this can be left unfurnished until you have a sim to move into it. The funds do not need to be split evenly between the families so feel free to spend a lot more on one family and then getting the cheapest stuff for another. The front doors to each property you will need to set to locked for everyone except for the specific Sims in that family otherwise they will all just go in each other’s homes. You can unlock doors for everyone and reset it after if you’re having a party ect.
    And so the game begins…

Play each family for a week at a time, you cannot control the other families during this time. For the first week of playing each family you cannot spend any money on improving their home only paying bills and food. From the second week on of playing that family you can spend only what that family contributes to the household funds for that week. The incomes from the other families pay the bills for that week and there should be a bit of a buffer from not spending the first Min 4 weeks. For the case of the family that has no jobs (benefit family) you can try and make them make money in other ways such as gardening, painting, busking etc. and they can use that to improve their house. The aim of the challenge is to fulfill the aspirations of everyone in your household, to get to a third generation in game play in at least one family while maintaining 4 families at any one time (if playing without fullhouse Mod this is more difficult) and thirdly to keep the lights on. You must always have enough cash to pay the weekly bill before the lights get switched off.

Optional:
    • Can add the fullhouse mod to allow for more Sims in your household but can only use a max of 10 Sims and still only get the maximum of 400,000 starting money. (Makes it easier to get to the third generation.

Rules:
    • There must always be at least 4 families living in at least 4 separate homes
    • In one family you cannot let anyone get jobs, they can make money in other ways if you want to improve their home.
    • You play each family a sim week at a time and you must always play each family in the same order
    • Sims can only marry and/or have children with other Sims in the household. But you can adopt children into the family.
    • Each family can only spend what they earn that week on their home. Anything they don’t spend stays in the pot for bills.
    • The bills must always be paid before the electricity gets cut off.
    • Each sim must have their lifetime aspirations met to win the challenge
    • You cannot control other families when it is not their week. Any money made from them going to work is used to pay for the bills and food.
    • Any career rewards put into the inventory following a promotion must be used in the home of the sim who earned it. ( can be placed in an attic or basement if don’t want it to furnish the home)
    Hello @Createitgaming :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is very special that you have a simming channel :) Simmers would enjoy seeing the videos of the Sims from your game.
    Your new challenge that you have created sounds great! I hope that you will enjoy doing it your own game as well. Simming challenges are great! They encourage us to play the game in ways that may be diffrerent to how we usually play the game.
  • nyamooranyamoora Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi everyone! I am Nyamoora and I have been obsessed with Sims since early Sims 2 franchise. My favorite part about the game is the building aspect (I do some game play, but not much). I am a senior in college studying architecture so I find it hard sometimes to find time to build everything that pops into my head, and when I do have time, its usually not enough. I am hoping to find some time this holiday season to build and maybe even post a few youtube videos (???). I am overwhelmed to see so many people commenting on this post! I always thought I was weird for being my age and playing Sims, but I guess it's no different then my boyfriend playing Fortnite all the time, right? LOL! Anyways, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I have! And if you get a chance, check out NYAMOORA in the gallery :)
    nyamoora wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am Nyamoora and I have been obsessed with Sims since early Sims 2 franchise. My favorite part about the game is the building aspect (I do some game play, but not much). I am a senior in college studying architecture so I find it hard sometimes to find time to build everything that pops into my head, and when I do have time, its usually not enough. I am hoping to find some time this holiday season to build and maybe even post a few youtube videos (???). I am overwhelmed to see so many people commenting on this post! I always thought I was weird for being my age and playing Sims, but I guess it's no different then my boyfriend playing Fortnite all the time, right? LOL! Anyways, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I have! And if you get a chance, check out NYAMOORA in the gallery :)

Hello @nyamoora :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. Building is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is a special way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is great that we can bring our building and interior furnishings design ideas into sims gameform. I hope that your college architectural studies continue to go well. You would enjoy simming as a restful break from your studies when you have time , and enjoy bringing some ideas from your studies into your builds. I hope that you will have more time for building over this holiday time!
    There are simmers of all ages that post on these forums :) We are never too old to play The Sims! We all share the same interest which is having fun simming!
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    Helloo, longtime Simmer first time forumer. I have a long history of playing all formats of the Sims, including beta testing the original Sims Online. I have played every iteration and every expansion of every PC version of the Sims. I don't really build, but I interior design with practicality in mind, so I use the awesome builds in the gallery. I appreciate it when EA gives users more options for greater diversity in CAS.
    Helloo, longtime Simmer first time forumer. I have a long history of playing all formats of the Sims, including beta testing the original Sims Online. I have played every iteration and every expansion of every PC version of the Sims. I don't really build, but I interior design with practicality in mind, so I use the awesome builds in the gallery. I appreciate it when EA gives users more options for greater diversity in CAS.

Hello @SarahTheRed :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have played all the different forms of the Sims, and each version and pack of the pc version of The Sims. Simming is very enjoyable and fun! Each version of the Sims is uniquely special and have their own great features to have fun playing!
    It is nice that you download and use builds from the Gallery. There are some great homes and venues that simmers have creatively designed , built and furnished !
  • cactusflowercactusflower Posts: 31 Member
    Hello, everyone! I'm Ash, and I've been a huge fan of the series since the Sims 1. My favorite so far is TS4, and my least favorite was TS3. I really enjoy building and character/story creations, working on the legacy achievements (10 generations or more) and trying to complete the household collections.

I've been lurking around these forums for at least a year to find tips and patch notes, so I figured I would register and introduce myself. Everyone here seems friendly and I'm looking forward to meeting some new people.
    Hello, everyone! I'm Ash, and I've been a huge fan of the series since the Sims 1. My favorite so far is TS4, and my least favorite was TS3. I really enjoy building and character/story creations, working on the legacy achievements (10 generations or more) and trying to complete the household collections.

I've been lurking around these forums for at least a year to find tips and patch notes, so I figured I would register and introduce myself. Everyone here seems friendly and I'm looking forward to meeting some new people.

Hello @cactusflower :) It is nice to meet you . Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is great that you have joined the simming forums community and started posting on threads. I hope that you will enjoy posting about your simming experiences and the sims that are in your games, and chatting with fellow simmers.
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. Building homes and venues, and creating background stories for our sims are very special and enjorablr ways of expressing our creativity through the game! I hope that your collecting of items to complete the household collections continues to go well :)
  • catboslicecatboslice Posts: 2 New Member
    I am a human there I did it
  • comasyouarcomasyouar Posts: 25 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm Nes and like most people here, I have been playing The Sims for a long time (I started out with the Sims 1), but I've never been very active at the Forums.
    It's nice to meet you all!
    https://thesimsofsunsetvalley.wordpress.com
    The Sims of Sunset Valley recreated in The Sims 4
    comasyouar wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'm Nes and like most people here, I have been playing The Sims for a long time (I started out with the Sims 1), but I've never been very active at the Forums.
    It's nice to meet you all!

Hello @comasyouar :) It is nice to meet you also!
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed playing many sims households over the time and enjoyed seeing how their sims lives developed in your games. Simming is very enjoyable and fun!
  • TR254TR254 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey there! I am introducing myself, you guys can call me TR I'm named after a female protagonist in the book "some can whistle". I am attending university and I have recently started playing the sims 4 in the last year. I hope to become a full member someday!
    TR254 wrote: »
    Hey there! I am introducing myself, you guys can call me TR I'm named after a female protagonist in the book "some can whistle". I am attending university and I have recently started playing the sims 4 in the last year. I hope to become a full member someday!

Hello @TR254 :) It is nice to meet you.
    I hope that your uni studies continue to go well. You would enjoy playing the Sims as a fun and enjoyable break from your studies. It is great that you have started playing Sims 4 this last year. I hope that as you read the forum threads you will find helpful tips about playing the game and find gameplay ideas to use in your game.
  • meowhogmeowhog Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello :) My name is Patricia, I've been an avid player for years (since Sims 2 were still a thing), I'm 26 now and still obsessed. I'm also obsessed with cats. I've been reading this forum for a while and today I decided to say hi and maybe post here and there. So, hi to all :)
    meowhog wrote: »
    Hello :) My name is Patricia, I've been an avid player for years (since Sims 2 were still a thing), I'm 26 now and still obsessed. I'm also obsessed with cats. I've been reading this forum for a while and today I decided to say hi and maybe post here and there. So, hi to all :)

Hello @meowhog :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many happy and fun hours over the times seeing how the lives of your sims were developing, as well as building lots and creating sims.
    With you loving cats, you would be enjoying having the pets themed packs in your game! The cats in our games are very cute!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top