Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Larger worlds?

Kinda wish we had larger worlds to explore and have more available empty lots. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Same, I hope that we could get another world like brindleton bay or windenburg for a university expansion so that our sims can hang out more on the community spaces and lots.
    y'all got bread?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I think most simmers would agree. 🙂
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Larger worlds. Smaller lots.

Give me a world with 20 20x30 lots!
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    Yes. One more Newcrest please.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'd love to see four more free blank worlds, actually. One large green world with twenty 20x20 and smaller lots, one large desert with twenty 20x20 and smaller lots, one large green world with twenty 30x30 and larger lots, and one large desert world with twenty 30x30 and larger lots. Then, make them optional downloads, like Grim's guitar, so players can pick and choose how to fill those environmental gaps they see in their games.

Honestly, I'd prefer a Create-A-World feature instead, but It's becoming more and more unlikely that we'll see that actually implemented... :'(
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I wish one really empty world. Without false buldings and false decorations...
  • NyaIeroWayNyaIeroWay Posts: 76 Member
    I 100% agree, hopefully next year they come out with a University pack and the world is larger than the rest. The worlds in The Sims 4 kind of is depressing because most of the world is just false buildings and not much to it. Such as the new world that coordinates with Get Famous, the world didn't really excite me because of all the fake buildings, and there wasn't much blank lots to build your own things on.
    origin: saltystroodle
    sims 3 id: wolf101220
    [/center]
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I would love a bigger world for a new expansion, University better have a lot of lots

Or heck at least make a simple Create a World with some stuff (small to large sizes to pick from) so that we can have more variety sizes something like Newcrest but more grand
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Totally agree... I wish that we can have an empty world where we could actually design the layout/background by ourselves, place our own empty Lots, so that we can customise our own world... .. basically a CAW tool :D

I hope that the University pack will come with more than 1 world.. I want more option for the Universities/Schools with neighbourhoods full with students' based Lots.. like lots of bars, cinema, activity centre, etc...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    you'd think the world based on LA would have been a large world...smh

yes, we desperately need larger worlds. Even better, Create a World tool. There was an amazing PDF a while back on how it could work https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuXhDzUxMP71FtmTmjLbfNT7JQZvZ4xU/view

will it happen? Hopefully. Realistically? Probably not. That'd require EA to care about giving us a good game.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited November 2018
    Kinda wish we had larger worlds to explore and have more available empty lots. Anyone else agree?

Me, I love large lots. Not because I want to always put huge houses on them, not into castles, but I like what I do with the lots, pool area, place for barbeque, gazebos, gardens, flowers. You can't do much with small lots but build tiny houses you can't take screenshots in. I'd rather have fewer large worlds than many tiny ones with teeny weenie lots.
    catitude5 wrote: »

Me, I love large lots. Not because I want to always put huge houses on them, not into castles, but I like what I do with the lots, pool area, place for barbeque, gazebos, gardens, flowers. You can't do much with small lots but build tiny houses you can't take screenshots in. I'd rather have fewer large worlds than many tiny ones with teeny weenie lots.

I build castles, so I like large lots for that, lol. I really wish the chalet gardens was a 64x64 lot-- it's the only lot in that 'neighborhood' so it wouldn't have added lag. The lot there is fairly small, which is a let down since everything around it is so lavish and beautiful. It needed a large home.

I want many lots, and large ones. There's too much empty space or unnecessary deco buildings.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Of course we need larger worlds.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • NellionkingiNellionkingi Posts: 28 Member
    Agreed 100%! The worlds in the expansion packs are way too small :-( Kinda disappointing.
    I’ll show you the dark side.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Larger worlds, please, on the model of TS2 ones with lots of open space where we can place lots of a wide variety of sizes where we want to put them. And no useless filler! A loaded TS2 style world looks just as complete and full as any of the current ones.
  • Mirlo12Mirlo12 Posts: 45 Member
    There are much too less 64x64 fields.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »

I build castles, so I like large lots for that, lol. I really wish the chalet gardens was a 64x64 lot-- it's the only lot in that 'neighborhood' so it wouldn't have added lag. The lot there is fairly small, which is a let down since everything around it is so lavish and beautiful. It needed a large home.

I want many lots, and large ones. There's too much empty space or unnecessary deco buildings.

Chalet Gardens is my wedding venue. I thought it was perfect for that. I removed the house that was there and put in this large Victorian and redesigned it. I love large lots, I don't even play the small ones. The smallest ones are bus stops.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    *Waits for EA/MAXIS to stop with the "pOoR pErFoRmAncE" excuses, cease the pedestrian designing and put immense effort into all their world creations in TS4*
    tenor.gif?itemid=5663706
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2018
    Duende wrote: »
    *Waits for EA/MAXIS to stop with the "pOoR pErFoRmAncE" excuses, cease the pedestrian designing and put immense effort into all their world creations in TS4*
    tenor.gif?itemid=5663706

The designers do put an immense amount of work into building the TS4 worlds. I believe that they probably put more effort into building those world than any other worlds in the series. However, that is the problem.

TS4 designers get to have all the fun, they leave nothing for the players. We are designated a few paltry patches to toy with. They get everything else. Since we're paying for the privilege of playing the game, that hardly seems fair.

I'm beginning to worry that TS5 may not allow the players to edit anything other than the home lot, because that seems to be the way that the series is going. The designers are intent on creating and controlling everything. I suppose that that'll get the performances issues under control, big time.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Duende wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=5663706

The designers do put an immense amount of work into building the TS4 worlds. I believe that they probably put more effort into building those world than any other worlds in the series. However, that is the problem.

TS4 designers get to have all the fun, they leave nothing for the players. We are designated a few paltry patches to toy with. They get everything else. Since we're paying for the privilege of playing the game, that hardly seems fair.

I'm beginning to worry that TS5 may not allow the players to edit anything other than the home lot, because that seems to be the way that the series is going. The designers are intent on creating and controlling everything. I suppose that that'll get the performances issues under control, big time.

I totally agree with you. It seems that the designers are the only one lucky enough to 'rule their game' because they get to choose the environment that lots are placed in. How about giving the players the same opportunity by offering a completely blank world or neighbourhood that sits in open fields or some kind of neutral place so that players can actually create the kind of neighbourhood or world they would like? If no CAW tool is to be added, then this at least would offset this lack.

We really need a neighborhood creator tool. There's specific environments I want to play but I can't because none of the worlds match them. I want small suburbs like in willow creek except not being a swamp. Maybe in the style of brindelton bay. If worlds were bigger there'd be more room for a diverse range of homes.
  • alicia17alicia17 Posts: 18 Member
    > @DreamaDove said:
    > We really need a neighborhood creator tool. There's specific environments I want to play but I can't because none of the worlds match them. I want small suburbs like in willow creek except not being a swamp. Maybe in the style of brindelton bay. If worlds were bigger there'd be more room for a diverse range of homes.

yes i totally agree with this! Giving players many options when it comes to gameplay and buildmode would please many people. :)
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I also think we should be able to edit EVERYTHING in the worlds, lots should include what would count as the property's land.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I also think we should be able to edit EVERYTHING in the worlds, lots should include what would count as the property's land.

Me too, and I love your signature. I'm also thinking why is the pound sign a hashtag, and who thought of that. I remember when we used it when typing as the way to say number. Like #5
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.