Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight November 9th- A week on The Sims forums

EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
Sul Sul Simmers!

It's been an exciting week, with the new patch just around the corner and Get Famous just a week away!

WmjxHNZ.png
Credit to @RedDestiny92 for the classic pic!
We have a Get Famous: Del Sol Valley & Build/Buy stream coming later today, check your local time for it here. You can also catch up on the other recent videos if you missed anything!: Have a great weekend, and as ever please give any feedback and callouts below!
Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Oh cool thanks for sharing my pic :smiley:
    @rosemow thanks sug', one of my favorites.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Look at toddler dancing! So cute! Great pic @RedDestiny92

• bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    omg I forgot my sims could do that. thanks for adding to my game.
  • moonlightxsimsmoonlightxsims Posts: 5 New Member
    so yeah im a new member :/ so i cant make my own thread but anyways i need help! i have the sims 4 64 bit version and i have about 3 or 4 gb of cc if that helps but anyways I went into CAS today and i filtered my clothes to custom content. regular games clothes came up aswell as my cc :/ this happened to me before but i removed some cc out and it fixed the problem. i tried removing cc but it didnt help :neutral: is this a bug or is it just my cc is anyone else having the same problem?! btw can you like this thread so i can be able to get points :smile:
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited November 2018
    @moonlightxsims That sounds like a bug. Your CC is always supposed to show on it's own if you set the filters that way. It has never happened to me.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @moonlightxsims -I've had that happen once where my game loaded and it was vanilla.I exited it right away and checked to find I still had my install testing Sims 3 folder in and my usual game folder wasn't in where it was supposed to be which meant I loaded my game from the wrong folder.I'd check for something like that if I was you and noticed none of my Mods or CC were in my game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cashiuscashius Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone! New member - avid Simmer since the original game came out when I was in elementary school. Been devout from the start <3 So excited to be a part of the forums, and I cant wait for Fame next week! I've been watching a ton of previews and reviews of the game, and it looks incredible. I love that EA is constantly incorporating pop culture into the series.
  • LivysimskittyLivysimskitty Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello I hope everybody is having a marvellous day.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    so yeah im a new member :/ so i cant make my own thread but anyways i need help! i have the sims 4 64 bit version and i have about 3 or 4 gb of cc if that helps but anyways I went into CAS today and i filtered my clothes to custom content. regular games clothes came up aswell as my cc :/ this happened to me before but i removed some cc out and it fixed the problem. i tried removing cc but it didnt help :neutral: is this a bug or is it just my cc is anyone else having the same problem?! btw can you like this thread so i can be able to get points :smile:

@moonlightxsims Hi there, welcome to the forums!

Try going into your Sims 4 folder and deleting the localthumbcache file. This file is connected to CC changes and can cause glitches whenever you change your mods folder.

I recommend first that you back up your Sims 4 folder before making any changes, just in case something goes wrong. Then delete the localthumbcache file. I also recommend patching the game in Origin after you do this. But first remove your mods folder to your desktop, let it patch, then put your mods folder back in. The game will probably generate a new folder when it patches so just switch it out with your original one. When you load the game, check the game settings to make sure your mods and CC are checked off to load. Sometimes the game disables them and you have to restart.

Hopefully this will help fix the issue. The localthumbcache file should be deleted every time you change your mods folder by adding or removing any CC or mods. I've gotten into the habit of deleting this file every single time before starting up my game, even if I only added one new piece of CC. It seems to help refresh it in CAS.

If you still have the problem after trying this, you probably have some broken or conflicting mods/CC. In this case, you'll have to go through and test your content to find the problem. But again, make sure you keep deleting the localthumbcache file when you make changes so the CAS can refresh properly. Sims 4 Studio is a great tool for looking at your CC without having to load your game, if you want to look into that. But be aware that some custom content, especially alpha, can look a little strange in it, I think it's because of the layering technique.

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you resolve your issue. :)

#Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    thanks for the shout out
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    > @TadOlson said:
    > @moonlightxsims -I've had that happen once where my game loaded and it was vanilla.I exited it right away and checked to find I still had my install testing Sims 3 folder in and my usual game folder wasn't in where it was supposed to be which meant I loaded my game from the wrong folder.I'd check for something like that if I was you and noticed none of my Mods or CC were in my game.

ive never had the sims 3 on this laptop
    > @LiELF said:
    > moonlightxsims wrote: »
    >
    > so yeah im a new member :/ so i cant make my own thread but anyways i need help! i have the sims 4 64 bit version and i have about 3 or 4 gb of cc if that helps but anyways I went into CAS today and i filtered my clothes to custom content. regular games clothes came up aswell as my cc :/ this happened to me before but i removed some cc out and it fixed the problem. i tried removing cc but it didnt help :neutral: is this a bug or is it just my cc is anyone else having the same problem?! btw can you like this thread so i can be able to get points :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @moonlightxsims Hi there, welcome to the forums!
    >
    > Try going into your Sims 4 folder and deleting the localthumbcache file. This file is connected to CC changes and can cause glitches whenever you change your mods folder.
    >
    > I recommend first that you back up your Sims 4 folder before making any changes, just in case something goes wrong. Then delete the localthumbcache file. I also recommend patching the game in Origin after you do this. But first remove your mods folder to your desktop, let it patch, then put your mods folder back in. The game will probably generate a new folder when it patches so just switch it out with your original one. When you load the game, check the game settings to make sure your mods and CC are checked off to load. Sometimes the game disables them and you have to restart.
    >
    > Hopefully this will help fix the issue. The localthumbcache file should be deleted every time you change your mods folder by adding or removing any CC or mods. I've gotten into the habit of deleting this file every single time before starting up my game, even if I only added one new piece of CC. It seems to help refresh it in CAS.
    >
    > If you still have the problem after trying this, you probably have some broken or conflicting mods/CC. In this case, you'll have to go through and test your content to find the problem. But again, make sure you keep deleting the localthumbcache file when you make changes so the CAS can refresh properly. Sims 4 Studio is a great tool for looking at your CC without having to load your game, if you want to look into that. But be aware that some custom content, especially alpha, can look a little strange in it, I think it's because of the layering technique.
    >
    > Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you resolve your issue. :)

how can i find my broken cc? i have literally sooooooo much! i delted the file and repaired the game but its still not working so I need to find the broken cc but i dont know how! :neutral:
    > @LiELF said:
    >
    > so yeah im a new member :/ so i cant make my own thread but anyways i need help! i have the sims 4 64 bit version and i have about 3 or 4 gb of cc if that helps but anyways I went into CAS today and i filtered my clothes to custom content. regular games clothes came up aswell as my cc :/ this happened to me before but i removed some cc out and it fixed the problem. i tried removing cc but it didnt help :neutral: is this a bug or is it just my cc is anyone else having the same problem?! btw can you like this thread so i can be able to get points :smile:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @moonlightxsims Hi there, welcome to the forums!
    >
    > Try going into your Sims 4 folder and deleting the localthumbcache file. This file is connected to CC changes and can cause glitches whenever you change your mods folder.
    >
    > I recommend first that you back up your Sims 4 folder before making any changes, just in case something goes wrong. Then delete the localthumbcache file. I also recommend patching the game in Origin after you do this. But first remove your mods folder to your desktop, let it patch, then put your mods folder back in. The game will probably generate a new folder when it patches so just switch it out with your original one. When you load the game, check the game settings to make sure your mods and CC are checked off to load. Sometimes the game disables them and you have to restart.
    >
    > Hopefully this will help fix the issue. The localthumbcache file should be deleted every time you change your mods folder by adding or removing any CC or mods. I've gotten into the habit of deleting this file every single time before starting up my game, even if I only added one new piece of CC. It seems to help refresh it in CAS.
    >
    > If you still have the problem after trying this, you probably have some broken or conflicting mods/CC. In this case, you'll have to go through and test your content to find the problem. But again, make sure you keep deleting the localthumbcache file when you make changes so the CAS can refresh properly. Sims 4 Studio is a great tool for looking at your CC without having to load your game, if you want to look into that. But be aware that some custom content, especially alpha, can look a little strange in it, I think it's because of the layering technique.
    >
    > Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you resolve your issue. :)

how can i find my broken cc? i have literally sooooooo much! i delted the file and repaired the game but its still not working so I need to find the broken cc but i dont know how! :neutral:

@moonlightxsims I have a lot of CC too so I feel your pain, lol. The best way to test is to do the 'half" method. Split your custom content into two groups and put half of it into your game and load it up (remember to delete the localthumbcache file before starting your game). If you still see the issue, then the faulty CC is in that group. If you don't see the issue, then it's in the other group, so close the game and put the second group in, delete the localthumbcache (every single time you change CC) and start up the game again. If you see the issue now, you know it's in that group of CC. Now close the game and do the same thing all over again. Split that group in half and put the first half in your game and test it (always deleting that cache file first) and see if it still shows the issue. If it does, do the same thing again and again, splitting your CC in half until you've narrowed down the cause.

Be aware that often times, more than one piece of CC will break, so this can drag out the process too. It definitely takes patience.

If you don't have Sims 4 Studio, you might want to consider downloading that. It's a great program that lets you look at your CC without starting the game, so you can see if something is broken or the swatches won't change. Be aware though, if you use alpha CC (a very realistic style) it might look strange anyway because of the type of creation process. But if you use Maxis Match, it's a really awesome program for checking it out. If you feel like looking into it, you can find the program here: http://sims4studio.com/board/31/downloading-installing-sims-4-studio You will probably have to make an account to get it. But I would suggest reading up on it and asking any questions on their forums before downloading.

Sometimes when I'm feeling particularly vigilant about my CC, I'll just select them in groups of five or ten and check them out individually that way. It's very time consuming, but in the end, it's a more accurate cleanse. I actually keep my CC divided into categorized files in my mods folder so I can generally just load up a single folder at a time to test that way. I have about 7 gigs of CC so it really helps to sort it that way and I highly recommend it if you use a lot of CC. I have files that look something like this:

00 Test CC
    01 Collections - Deetron
    01 Collections - HSL
    01 Collections - Elfdor
    Clothing - Tops
    Clothing - Bottoms
    Clothing - Children
    Cosmetics - Eyeshadow
    Cosmetics - Lipstick
    Defaults
    Eyes
    Hair by Birksche
    Hair by AH00B

This is just a small example of how I organize my CC in my mods folder but you could always do it your way to however it makes sense for you. In the end, it really helps when you have to go through it all.

Well, good luck to you, and I hope you find the issue. :)
    #Team Occult
    > @LiELF said:
    >
    > > @LiELF said:
    > > moonlightxsims wrote: »
    > >
    > > so yeah im a new member :/ so i cant make my own thread but anyways i need help! i have the sims 4 64 bit version and i have about 3 or 4 gb of cc if that helps but anyways I went into CAS today and i filtered my clothes to custom content. regular games clothes came up aswell as my cc :/ this happened to me before but i removed some cc out and it fixed the problem. i tried removing cc but it didnt help :neutral: is this a bug or is it just my cc is anyone else having the same problem?! btw can you like this thread so i can be able to get points :smile:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > @moonlightxsims Hi there, welcome to the forums!
    > >
    > > Try going into your Sims 4 folder and deleting the localthumbcache file. This file is connected to CC changes and can cause glitches whenever you change your mods folder.
    > >
    > > I recommend first that you back up your Sims 4 folder before making any changes, just in case something goes wrong. Then delete the localthumbcache file. I also recommend patching the game in Origin after you do this. But first remove your mods folder to your desktop, let it patch, then put your mods folder back in. The game will probably generate a new folder when it patches so just switch it out with your original one. When you load the game, check the game settings to make sure your mods and CC are checked off to load. Sometimes the game disables them and you have to restart.
    > >
    > > Hopefully this will help fix the issue. The localthumbcache file should be deleted every time you change your mods folder by adding or removing any CC or mods. I've gotten into the habit of deleting this file every single time before starting up my game, even if I only added one new piece of CC. It seems to help refresh it in CAS.
    > >
    > > If you still have the problem after trying this, you probably have some broken or conflicting mods/CC. In this case, you'll have to go through and test your content to find the problem. But again, make sure you keep deleting the localthumbcache file when you make changes so the CAS can refresh properly. Sims 4 Studio is a great tool for looking at your CC without having to load your game, if you want to look into that. But be aware that some custom content, especially alpha, can look a little strange in it, I think it's because of the layering technique.
    > >
    > > Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you resolve your issue. :)
    >
    > how can i find my broken cc? i have literally sooooooo much! i delted the file and repaired the game but its still not working so I need to find the broken cc but i dont know how! :neutral:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @moonlightxsims I have a lot of CC too so I feel your pain, lol. The best way to test is to do the 'half" method. Split your custom content into two groups and put half of it into your game and load it up (remember to delete the localthumbcache file before starting your game). If you still see the issue, then the faulty CC is in that group. If you don't see the issue, then it's in the other group, so close the game and put the second group in, delete the localthumbcache (every single time you change CC) and start up the game again. If you see the issue now, you know it's in that group of CC. Now close the game and do the same thing all over again. Split that group in half and put the first half in your game and test it (always deleting that cache file first) and see if it still shows the issue. If it does, do the same thing again and again, splitting your CC in half until you've narrowed down the cause.
    >
    > Be aware that often times, more than one piece of CC will break, so this can drag out the process too. It definitely takes patience.
    >
    > If you don't have Sims 4 Studio, you might want to consider downloading that. It's a great program that lets you look at your CC without starting the game, so you can see if something is broken or the swatches won't change. Be aware though, if you use alpha CC (a very realistic style) it might look strange anyway because of the type of creation process. But if you use Maxis Match, it's a really awesome program for checking it out. If you feel like looking into it, you can find the program here: You will probably have to make an account to get it. But I would suggest reading up on it and asking any questions on their forums before downloading.
    >
    > Sometimes when I'm feeling particularly vigilant about my CC, I'll just select them in groups of five or ten and check them out individually that way. It's very time consuming, but in the end, it's a more accurate cleanse. I actually keep my CC divided into categorized files in my mods folder so I can generally just load up a single folder at a time to test that way. I have about 7 gigs of CC so it really helps to sort it that way and I highly recommend it if you use a lot of CC. I have files that look something like this:
    >
    > 00 Test CC
    > 01 Collections - Deetron
    > 01 Collections - HSL
    > 01 Collections - Elfdor
    > Clothing - Tops
    > Clothing - Bottoms
    > Clothing - Children
    > Cosmetics - Eyeshadow
    > Cosmetics - Lipstick
    > Defaults
    > Eyes
    > Hair by Birksche
    > Hair by AH00B
    >
    > This is just a small example of how I organize my CC in my mods folder but you could always do it your way to however it makes sense for you. In the end, it really helps when you have to go through it all.
    >
    > Well, good luck to you, and I hope you find the issue. :)

i have my items organized by categories like fullbody, tops, bottoms, eyeliner, etc. but anyways so i did the half and half method and i was like WOOHOO im closer to finding my issue but then :neutral: just to test that this was 100% I put the half that was supposed to be the problem and took it out and i put the other half in and it still did the same thing! I really think it isnt even my cc at this point i did a bug report on Ea hopefully they fix this :( ( Oh and yes i have the sims 4 studio but i use alpha cc )
    i have my items organized by categories like fullbody, tops, bottoms, eyeliner, etc. but anyways so i did the half and half method and i was like WOOHOO im closer to finding my issue but then :neutral: just to test that this was 100% I put the half that was supposed to be the problem and took it out and i put the other half in and it still did the same thing! I really think it isnt even my cc at this point i did a bug report on Ea hopefully they fix this :( ( Oh and yes i have the sims 4 studio but i use alpha cc )

It sounds like you probably have more than one piece of CC that's been broken or corrupted. When you use a lot, this is common. You can still continue with the half and half method with each separate group to weed out the problem pieces. It might be wise to do that anyway, especially if you haven't sorted through it in a long time. This is exactly my own situation. I've slacked for a while in clearing out my unused CC so I have way too much and a lot of it I don't even use anymore, haha. I'm playing a vanilla game right now while I go through "The Great CC Cleanse of 2018", lol.

Does your game run okay without CC and after a game repair? The Devs will ask you that first. If it does, then it's totally a CC issue and, unfortunately, there's nothing they can do so you'll have to continue to find the problem. If you still have problems without CC, then you can upload a copy of the game save to them.
    #Team Occult