Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had this issue?

I used the Sim-Finder App to find a boyfriend for my sim Valerie Lowe and I used traits and a zodiac that are compatible to hers, yet the men she met, she ranked them all.... ALL.... One out of ten. Why?! :/
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited November 2018
    I use Sim Finder all the time to generate compatible roommates and romantic prospects, too. :) Ranking also depends on their Skill levels, and rank in their Career, and most Sim Finder sims have none of either. If traits are compatible as well as Zodiac signs, they'll flirt just fine and that ranking will also rise, based on their degree of friendship. If you use NRaas Master Controller, you can assign both Skills/Levels and Career ranks manually, rather than start off with an unskilled, unemployed boyfriend.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Something I've noticed with that in the past when dealing with this.

There have been a few times where there was a one between my sim and the other. But as their relationship grew, first into friendship, and then into romance, that number would climb. By the time they were married, this question would be brought up again, and then the answer would be somewhere between 8 and 10.

Also, a sim's favorite color will have a play on this number as well. For example, if a sim's favorite color was blue, and the sim you asked the question to has blue eyes, this would cause an increase in the number. I've tested this out several times in the past. The same would be for the color of their clothing plays a part in this as well.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Also, a sim's favorite color will have a play on this number as well. For example, if a sim's favorite color was blue, and the sim you asked the question to has blue eyes, this would cause an increase in the number. I've tested this out several times in the past. The same would be for the color of their clothing plays a part in this as well.
    I'm afraid this isn't really true, at least not by design. Two sims will get a slight bonus in attraction if they have the same favorite colors as each other, but sims cannot really "see" color. It's a great concept though and is being worked into NRaas Chemistry, a revamp of the entire TS3 attraction system. But it's so complicated to manage that it will still be quite a while yet before the new mod makes it into beta testing for players to try out.

It was a lot of work just to get the various families of colors on the spectrum recognized. The last thing we needed to see was "I like sims with blue eyes, but yours are aqua (or blue-green). Eww, get away from me." :/

Fortunately I think our developer has worked past that part by now.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if @LaBlue0314 is right. If Sims are aware of not only their surroundings but each other than I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible for Sims to see colors. I know Sims are also aware of appearances and Sims do have their own preferences based on their personality. But Sims are more than just traits so to really get to know a Sim is to spend enough time to be able to read the psyche of the A.I. Of course, to do that there's a lot more involvement intellectually from the player than some are probably even aware of. But hey, it's just a game right? Artificial intelligence doesn't mean anything...right? Technology is just not that advanced and more...right? So much happens and so much gets unnoticed but it's nice to read what others have discovered who are brave enough. Thanks for sharing.
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I used the Sim-Finder App to find a boyfriend for my sim Valerie Lowe and I used traits and a zodiac that are compatible to hers, yet the men she met, she ranked them all.... ALL.... One out of ten. Why?! :/

Just like in real life you can be compatible in certain areas but that doesn't mean an automatic connection without actually connecting. Instead of just looking at the books cover why not try reading the contents of the book? Sims need time to develop a relationship to truly get to know another Sim before they can determine whether they like someone or not. So yeah, I agree with what LaBlue0314 said.

Also, regardless if there is a boost in scoring doesn't really mean much when the Sims themselves have the free-will to decide what is and what is not attractive to them and that, I would think, takes precedence over scripted scoring. What I mean is there is a system in place which allows Sims to freely act on their own will and they are not forced into scripted scenarios...well, except by the player and maybe some of the later features from EP's/mods. But even then Sims will usually find a way around it if something is not in tune with what they want.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited November 2018
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    If Sims are aware of not only their surroundings but each other than I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible for Sims to see colors.
    Because core mod coders like Pescado, Twallan, JunJayMdM, and Chain_Reaction, among a few other notables, have been asked this question many times over the years since the game was released and they have independently of each other reported that there is nothing they can find in the game core that would allow that to be possible. Additionally, Chain would not have spent years (on and off) developing NRaas Chemistry for us on the alpha testing team to, among other things, produce an effect/feature that is already there.

I don't have the skill set required to confirm such reports. Admittedly one cannot "prove" a negative this way anyhow, but even so I've always just believed them as stated.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I'm just saying how can you factually say when none of the mod creators actually worked on the development of TS3? What do I know? Not much and mostly what I do know is from my actual experience from playing the game but it didn't hurt to have quite a few things confirmed by the A.I. designer himself. So am I going to believe others against my own judgment of what I have observed in-game and ignore what facts I do know from the man who created TS3's A.I. that is exactly what I have been observing in the game?

It annoyed me to read you just brushed off someone's personal experiences as false while elevating your own knowledge above all, the way I see it. And that's the point. Mod creator or not do any of you really know all the intricate workings of how TS3 works? Do I? Of course, not. But just because you cannot see something in whatever coding you can see doesn't mean it's not there. The core of the A.I. would definitely seem like something that is not open source. If more people actually scuba dived into the capabilities of the game instead of just snorkeling than they would see it too that there's more than meets the eye.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited November 2018
    @Deshong04 - There is plenty of room for different observations and interpretations of what we do see happening in our games. The perspective I offer is admittedly limited, as are all of ours to some degree or another because of the game's source code not being available to anyone outside of EA as you pointed out. I've already said that the information I presented doesn't prove a negative and that I don't have the ability to confirm it any more than anyone else does. It actually doesn't prove anything at all since mod developers not being able to find something doesn't mean it's totally impossible for it to exist, but I thought the different things we were reporting on here and our different approaches to the question made for an interesting conversation.

How we got from that to your being annoyed by my contribution to this discussion and calling it a "brush off," I have no idea. I'm sorry if it came across that way, but honestly that was not my intent. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Deshong04 - You beat me to it. I was going to post, Just because the 'Big Named Modders' didn't find something, doesn't mean it's not there to be found.

The way some parts of TS3 are pieced together, I can believe that some coding is NOT (for lack of a better word) hidden, but not totally recognizable either. I think of it like the methods for 'forcing' your Sims to have multiple babies or gender specific ones. Sure you could by the LTR 'Fertility Treatment' and practically guarantee your Sims to have multiple babies. Or, you can eat a certain type of fruit, while listening to children's music and watching the kids show on TV; same result.

There are a lot of mismatched parts to this game. When the developers said they gave them sight or rather they can 'see', I don't understand why they would leave out colors and then allow them to have a 'favorite' one. The game never specified what had to be colored (clothing, houses, cars) nor, did they state how the sight of their favorite color would affect them as there is no 'Saw my Favorite Color' moodlet. Most everything has some sort of color or tint to it. Maybe for Sims, just the fact the color is present is enough without being specific to what it is attached to. Although I've never played TS2, so have no real experience with it, didn't those Sims have color based physical turn-ons & offs? If they could apply color desire to a game released in 2004 (developed earlier), why could they not have expanded upon the idea when this part of the game was being developed a short while later?

On the subject of scoring, Twallen once made an odd comment in one of his NRaas State of The Mod posts, he was talking about how scoring worked in the game saying that this factor was considered and that factor was considered; then he added "and, whatever else the Sim decides." (wait a second...The SIM decides?). What if the Sim decided on 'Blue' Eyes?

EDIT: for clarity.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Didn’t he mean the game making the sim ‘decide’ something randomly?
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited November 2018
    @mw1525 - I believe what Twallan meant was that in many aspects of the game where scoring is involved, such as the attraction formulas modded or unmodded, there are definable elements of randomness included.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    You know, "How we got from that to your being annoyed by my contribution to this discussion and calling it a "brush off," I have no idea." because I already explained why. But don't worry about it. I can be quite zealous...overzealous. :blush:
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    @JoAnne65 - I don't know, as I can only guess at what he meant. However, what he said was: "and, whatever else the Sim decides."
    @Igazor - Same as what I just said to JoAnne65. We can speculate about what he meant, I only know what he 'said'. And, what he said is pretty definitive.
    edited November 2018
    Yes, that doesn’t rule out him meaning it being random though ;) It could be just using the word ‘deciding’ in an ironical way. Like one could say: and then my car decided to go ice skating this morning. And let’s be honest, most simmers see their virtual dolls as actual human beings with a mind of their own, that’s part of the charm. In relation to the topic, I often see the question here: do you decide your sim’s spouse or do you let them decide themselves? I really think the ‘letting the sim decide’ is based on what happens in your own brain or what happens coincidently on your screen as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 - He could have meant exactly what you and Igazor have suggested. I'm not dismissing that, I am only restating what he said. I can't speak on Simmers seeing their Sims as Human Beings nor Dolls as I simply see mine for who and what they are, Sims. On the subject of Sims deciding for themselves, I can promise you in my game when my Sims decide, it is them who have made the decision and has nothing to do with my brain, perception of what they are or coincidence. A while back I made a post about an incident which to this day I cannot figure out 'how' it happened but, I can tell you that it happened because my Sim wanted it, needed it and then decided to make it happen.
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Deshong04 - You beat me to it. I was going to post, Just because the 'Big Named Modders' didn't find something, doesn't mean it's not there to be found.

The way some parts of TS3 are pieced together, I can believe that some coding is NOT (for lack of a better word) hidden, but not totally recognizable either. I think of it like the methods for 'forcing' your Sims to have multiple babies or gender specific ones. Sure you could by the LTR 'Fertility Treatment' and practically guarantee your Sims to have multiple babies. Or, you can eat a certain type of fruit, while listening to children's music and watching the kids show on TV; same result.

There are a lot of mismatched parts to this game. When the developers said they gave them sight or rather they can 'see', I don't understand why they would leave out colors and then allow them to have a 'favorite' one. The game never specified what had to be colored (clothing, houses, cars) nor, did they state how the sight of their favorite color would affect them as there is no 'Saw my Favorite Color' moodlet. Most everything has some sort of color or tint to it. Maybe for Sims, just the fact the color is present is enough without being specific to what it is attached to. Although I've never played TS2, so have no real experience with it, didn't those Sims have color based physical turn-ons & offs? If they could apply color desire to a game released in 2004 (developed earlier), why could they not have expanded upon the idea when this part of the game was being developed a short while later?

On the subject of scoring, Twallen once made an odd comment in one of his NRaas State of The Mod posts, he was talking about how scoring worked in the game saying that this factor was considered and that factor was considered; then he added "and, whatever else the Sim decides." (wait a second...The SIM decides?). What if the Sim decided on 'Blue' Eyes?

EDIT: for clarity.

For some reason I have an impression in my memory reading an article or something from before TS3 was released talking something about how Sims are aware and can actually see colors. The color red I think had something special to it. I do have a short-term memory at times but something had to stand out for me to recall that.
    Screenshot-2689.jpg
    Screenshot-2692.jpg
    There's a lot in TS3 that's left unsaid and unknown. I wonder why? Though, to be honest it makes the game better in a way that I keep discovering something new and amazing even after 9+ years. :mrgreen:

Good point about TS2. I mainly have experience with just base game and University. I do have a few more EP's for TS2 and Nightlife is one of them. I've been meaning to start playing TS/TS2 again. Anyway, I find the chemistry system in TS2 to be too controlling over those factors and I am not sure if Sims have a mind of their own and can deviate from scripted coding like Sims can in TS3. I definitely prefer how it is in TS3 because it's not only based on this or that. And Twallen either figured that out and/or maybe he already got information from the A.I. designer about it. In my own game I do see Sims making their own decisions based on who is attractive to them and have the freedom to ignore the attraction scores. Eye color, hair color, etc are probably some of the hidden ones too. Sims are quite dynamic and unique so who knows what each Sim will choose as their attraction(s) to another Sim.
    Stand a little taller
    Footsteps even lighter”
    edited November 2018
    @mw1525 Yes, I might very well be projecting there, because for me a lot does happen in my imagination. I have no idea what exactly is coded and what is just... me imagining things ;) I sort of don’t want to know, for me it kind of becomes a blur when I play. Game and mind getting totally mixed up till I’m not sure what’s what.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Although I've never played TS2, so have no real experience with it, didn't those Sims have color based physical turn-ons & offs?

Yes, they did.
  • JemkatkJemkatk Posts: 199 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @mw1525 Yes, I might very well be projecting there, because for me a lot does happen in my imagination. I have no idea what exactly is coded and what is just... me imagining things ;) I sort of don’t want to know, for me it kind of becomes a blur when I play. Game and mind getting totally mixed up till I’m not sure what’s what.

Maybe they can't physically "see" color, but they can RECOGNIZE color I think. Just as they recognize their relatives. Just like in 2 they had specific color turn ons and offs.. So their coding can recognize the coding for different things, obviously.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sims 2 had turn on's / off's based on hair colour but not favourite colours.
    I'm fairly sure that would have been definitely harder to work in TS3 due to the colour wheel, since hair colour in TS2 was just binned into about five families.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Two sims will get a slight bonus in attraction if they have the same favorite colors as each other, but sims cannot really "see" color. It's a great concept though and is being worked into NRaas Chemistry, a revamp of the entire TS3 attraction system. But it's so complicated to manage that it will still be quite a while yet before the new mod makes it into beta testing for players to try out.

It was a lot of work just to get the various families of colors on the spectrum recognized. The last thing we needed to see was "I like sims with blue eyes, but yours are aqua (or blue-green). Eww, get away from me." :/

Fortunately I think our developer has worked past that part by now.

I look forward to the Chemistry mod with great anticipation! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

That's me too! :lol:

I've had one heck of an imagination for as long as I can remember and it's been fun! :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg