Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Update Announced, but are Consoles included?

Earlier today EA Announced a big update to the base game. The update includes bug fixes, 1st person view, Terrain manipulation, a new career path, and other stuff.

I wonder if the update will be released for the Console versions as well. The announcement did not state it was for PC alone.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/base-game-updates-nov-2018?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_fb_base-game-updates-fb&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&cid=53209&ts=1542060702182&fbclid=IwAR3teE6ioBsTROhn2Ssr8RyGYXtZWSQb1vWSmEXt26uPqUlnxIumH8nFp3U

Comments

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
  • simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    I hate that. At this point though, I'll be glad if they just release a patch that stops all of the glitches Get Together brought to the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    Why is the console sims team so lazy? Why can’t we have get famous and terrain at the same time as pc ? I think the sims team are very bad at their jobs and they need to have more employees focus on console than pc because pc gaming is dead. Everyone will soon be on console master race . Just adapt .
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    Why is the console sims team so lazy? Why can’t we have get famous and terrain at the same time as pc ? I think the sims team are very bad at their jobs and they need to have more employees focus on console than pc because pc gaming is dead. Everyone will soon be on console master race . Just adapt .

You are completely off the mark.

Playstation and Xbox need to approve the updates and DLC prior to their release. PC is way easier they can patch anything at any given time. That's the actual master race for you darling. And most sim players are on the pc.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member

PC gaming is far from dead... both versions are important and being worked on. Goodness.. I don’t think the teams are “lazy” and that’s a bit rude.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member

They have other stuff to port before Get Famous. They've also mentioned that they're working on getting terrain manipulation on console. These things take time, and you need to have patience.
    LOW wrote: »
    simoleanj wrote: »
    I hate that. At this point though, I'll be glad if they just release a patch that stops all of the glitches Get Together brought to the game.

They just not too long released a patch lol

It did not work apparently
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Playstation and Xbox need to approve the updates and DLC prior to their release. PC is way easier they can patch anything at any given time. That's the actual master race for you darling. And most sim players are on the pc.

I know I would prefer to play SIMS on a PC or MAC, but I don't have a machine updated enough, and don't want to spend money making a gaming rig.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Interesting since most people I know play more games on PC than they do on console. My PS4 is a glorified movie streaming device almost 90% of the time. We have 3 computers in my home because my family of 5 likes offline PC games. We have 3 consoles for when we play offline multiplayer games. The console version still has to get approval from both xbox and playstation before anything can get released. The PC version does not.
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    If they would just fix the problems where sims take forever to start a task, and sims not doing tasks at all, I would be happy!
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    edited November 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Can I use this as my next tattoo, @Sigzy05 ? lol I'll have it in Burnt Ink.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If they would just fix the problems where sims take forever to start a task, and sims not doing tasks at all, I would be happy!

That issue is also on the PC Version. One of the Gurus said they're working on a fix for the that then it will come to the consoles.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    They could bring it out at the same time 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pc they are far from lazy one I would be very mad if we got get famous before all the rest of the packs since they came out first and second they have to get sonys and Microsofts approval to do updates and bring out packs so that's up to the console not ea or whoever is doing it we have had nearly all packs out bar 6 including gf in a year that is pretty darn good I wouldn't call them lazy or anything or next sims they might not bring to console at all just because they aren't doing things you want is just not good enough don't be so ungreatful we have gotten alot of the good packs early too like seasons sims team is doing really well. But I wouldn't say all the sim players are on pc and alot have both now it's just that's were it started o first because if I'm right when sims came out consoles weren't out so since then it's been out first.