Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has the new patch helped with your problems?

AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
I haven’t done the first patch update out of fear and anxiety, but is everything okay now after the new patch? (November 20 Patch)
F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
Post edited by AriaMad2 on

Comments

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    Which patch, last weeks one? If so, I had no problems after it installed, then I don't have any mods or cc.
    Just downloading November 20th's one right now. Always an anxious moment!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Ahaha, what's the worst that could happen...? 😂😐😭
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Ahaha, what's the worst that could happen...? 😂😐😭

... watch this space! Anything could happen :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    i didnt have any but it fixed the CC hair not changing colour glitch that was my only issue
  • Options
    i didnt have any but it fixed the CC hair not changing colour glitch that was my only issue
    That’s awesome! I’m so glad it’s all fixed for you!

• Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I haven’t done the first patch update out of fear and anxiety, but is everything okay now after the new patch? (November 20 Patch)

The game won't update for me, when I click on update, it says it's up to date. The only problem I have is the sound for terrain paints is gone. Not a big deal, but it is what it is.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    All fixed. I do not have CC or mods or the new ep - but the thing broken in my game were fixed with todays patch.

Now I can play again, no longer worried about my sims aging. I control their aging and change up all their outfits often - so now i can happily resume that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I’ve patched today
    Doesn’t seamed to have worked I did backup before
    I have aging off but when I checked to see if it was fixed it was still a green bar where it shouldn’t be I’m not sure on what I should do any suggestions please ?
    Happy simming.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    helped me, I'm glad my sims aren't aging in cas but I was much happier seeing all my frost kids returned like they never left.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Never had problems in the first place.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I’ve patched today
    Doesn’t seamed to have worked I did backup before
    I have aging off but when I checked to see if it was fixed it was still a green bar where it shouldn’t be I’m not sure on what I should do any suggestions please ?
    Happy simming.

The patch stops it from happening, it won't correct what has already happened. You sure that bar wasn't turned partly green before you patched? It isn't going to roll the age back, I don't imagine. Use a potion of youth if it bothers you.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I haven't updated with the latest patch yet but I'm happy to see that my two Sims fathered by Father Winter should now reappear. I wondered where they'd gone.
  • Options
    I haven't updated with the latest patch yet but I'm happy to see that my two Sims fathered by Father Winter should now reappear. I wondered where they'd gone.
    Maybe they went on a quest? Or they got banished by Father Winter?

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Maybe they went on a quest? Or they got banished by Father Winter?

LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I am happy it helped with the CAS aging issue. I just need to test it and see if it works now.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have only built since the CAS problem. I will be able to play a bit now and get Get Famous now!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

The game won't update for me, when I click on update, it says it's up to date. The only problem I have is the sound for terrain paints is gone. Not a big deal, but it is what it is.

Hello @Lizzychicago
    Try checking to see what your Game Version is. If your game is uptodate, the game version should be
    - PC/Mac: 1.47.51.1020 / 1.47.51.1220
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    All fixed. I do not have CC or mods or the new ep - but the thing broken in my game were fixed with todays patch.

Now I can play again, no longer worried about my sims aging. I control their aging and change up all their outfits often - so now i can happily resume that.

Same.

—T
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited November 2018

They won’t reappear. Graham (or maybe Nick, I forget which) has already said the patch is not intended to return the lost children it will just stop it from happening again.

If you lost your children, it’s likely they’ll still be gone. You may have to roll back to an earlier save.

—T
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    To7m wrote: »

They won’t reappear. Graham (or maybe Nick, I forget which) has already said the patch is not intended to return the lost children it will just stop it from happening again.

If you lost your children, it’s likely they’ll still be gone. You may have to roll back to an earlier save.

—T

This is one thing I hate about 60% of the bug fixes that they do. It never really solves much until you start a new game but I ain't gonna move my sims all to a new save every patch. Come on, now. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I didn't have any kids with Father Winter... always seemed a bit TOO weird for me lol I guess you could use the gallery to rescue any favourites from old saves if you really needed to.

I also didn't have any problems with the Nov13 patch either, however the Nov20 patch didn't break anything as far as I can see so all is well here.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    hotshocolatehotshocolate Posts: 15 Member
    well the update from 20 November managed to successfully crash my entire computer and every app started glitching out just because I opened it. I only have some CAS CC and the latest version of MCCC and that's it. I took the files out of my mods folder and it just kept crashing and not loading anything up, to the point I couldn't even get into task manager and had to force shut down twice now. as usual, every time they release an expansion, they break the game and thousands of patches and updates follow. so if I were you I'd just wait another week at least before updating
  • Options
    AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    It did, at least the cas thing but I still have trust issues trying to go in there, it's scary :D
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • Options
    TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    I actually stopped playing early on the 19th to repair my game because I had hoped that would alleviate some of the weirdness. But then I got home this evening and saw the patch haha! So things have been going a lot smoother so far.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Thank you, thank you, thank you devs - I know you were working hard against the holiday deadline. I can now create that Drew Barrymore-look-alike (circa 1995) girlfriend for my Sim and edit their eventual toddler without fear that I'll end up with Drew Barrymore circa 2040 and a toddler with teen angst.
    I just want things to match. :'(