Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There aren't many Expansion colors left...

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
We're running out of colors for Expansion Packs... that's why there won't be many anymore.
7DtfMXt_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
The only colors left are
  • yellow
  • turquoise
  • brown
  • (And black and white if you count them as colors)

So basically only 3 Expansions, meaning that we'll get only one EP in the next (last) 3 years of TS4. What do you think?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2018
    (BTW I got the image from the official threadess store https://thesims.threadless.com/designs/pack-icons/mens ; you can buy it on a shirt or accessoire there if you want! :) )
    a256aFi.gif
    edited November 2018
    barraakeno wrote: »
    The last I checked There were way more colors than 11.

Which ones? I'm not counting colors like light pink or light green, since they'll probably not use similar colors (We already have pink & green)
    a256aFi.gif
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Well they used dark green for Seasons even though they use light green for stuff packs, and they used dark blue for City Living even though they use light blue for game packs. There’s a lot of colours they can still choose from. I feel like they will eventually start making the icons gradients of multiple colours at some point.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Don’t forget magenta :D It’s different from either Get Famous or Get Together.

RBG_color_wheel.svg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Here for Taupe.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • glm345glm345 Posts: 14 New Member
    CYAN?

Tropical island expansion pack confirmed!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited November 2018
    We're running out of colors for Expansion Packs... that's why there won't be many anymore.
    7DtfMXt_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    The only colors left are
    • yellow
    • turquoise
    • brown
    • (And black and white if you count them as colors)

So basically only 3 Expansions, meaning that we'll get only one EP in the next (last) 3 years of TS4. What do you think?

They can always go back to Green and start over once the colors run out. Also we haven't had a bright pink color.

Hey bright pink would be awesome for a Romance Base Pack.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Where is my burnt umber and chartreuse? it won't be over til those come and go! So no, this is a nothing burger.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    Seems like a bit of a reach to me. There are so many colors left.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Red - C&D
    Dark Orange -
    Light Orange - GTW
    Yellow -
    Light Green -
    Dark Green - Seasons
    Turquoise/Cyan -
    Light Blue -
    Dark Blue - City Living
    Purple - Get Together
    Fuchsia - Get Famous
    Pink -
    We don't have dark orange, yellow, light green, turquoise/cyan, light blue, or pink. They're different colors.
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    This has reminded me why I stopped coming to the speculation and rumour section.

You're welcome
    a256aFi.gif
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    There are so many colors and shades possible. Each color had at the very least two variants, light and dark.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    This has reminded me why I stopped coming to the speculation and rumour section.

Lol. :p
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They should do a crimson, scarlet, rust or a maroon pack never enough red packs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited December 2018
    Each one of these colors has lighter and darker, more saturated and less saturated shades. Also, I bet black will be used at some point since it's actually quite radical from the rest of the colors. All this can be done while staying away from the specific shades of blue and green of GPs and SPs.
    GDxm2ek.jpg

I don't think they'll be running out of colors, no 😂
    Post edited by Eliharb on
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Yellow, Turquoise or Cyan, light green, pink, light brown, dark brown, cream, Indigo.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Each one of these colors has lighter and darker, more saturated and less saturated shades. Also, I bet black will be used at some point since it's actually quite radical from the rest of the colors. All this can be done while staying away from the specific shades of blue and green of GPs and SPs.
    GDxm2ek.jpg

If the Sims 4 gets that many EPs by the end, it will be so good (also expensive!!)

edited December 2018
    GDxm2ek.jpg

Okay you opened my eyes lol, they are quite distinguishable :D
    Love the black icon though! Hope it gets used with a Supernatural EP

Thread can be closed now
    a256aFi.gif
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    GDxm2ek.jpg

Best Post in the entire thread hands down
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    GDxm2ek.jpg

They jsut need to avoid placing similar colors next to eachother