Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Harvest Event Situations and Problems

As an player, this event really hurts right now. I have to say that this event have wayyyyyyyy too many bugs and issues that alot of us players who have been affected will NOT finish the event in time which will be in 1 days and several hours.
With this being said, and yes I file multiple reports with EAGames .. ... I feel that the ones affected should get the prizes at the end of quest of the new story line and pie baking for the hard difficult work we been trying to do to get that prize.
It saddens me that alot was affected and we have to wait for another update. Also idk if other players also have this issue too .. but as for me .. have anyone else seen Emily herself from Llamazoom as an actual sim in the Downtown Area standing in a building between the club and court house buildings? If so ... REPORT THAT TOO! It maybe part of this huge issues with the current event.
I love the game cause it is a little addictive, but way to many bugs.
If EAGames would have like beta testers .. they can give the developers feedback.
I pray this bug gets fixed .. but either give us all affected the main prizes or extend the event for another week. Thank you!
TTKIncorporated

Comments

• UggstaUggsta Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm surprised there isn't anyone commenting on this?! PLEASE GOD GIVE US THE REWARDS, the issues have been occurring since day 1, and it's not looking possible :(
  • SlumFlowers21SlumFlowers21 Posts: 7 New Member
    Considering this is EA, i think it would be impossible. You know they wouldn't do somethin that may affect their profits. So instead of asking for the rewards or extend i choose to ask them BETTER EVENTS WITH BETTER TIME CALCULATION. Sincerely a player who played daily, watched advertisements, and ofc would like to pay on this game IF it's going to FOR ONCE LISTEN to our requests
  • Snowdrop18Snowdrop18 Posts: 36 Member
    Contacting EA does no good, if they even respond. I’m ready for this event to disappear from my game, taking all the bugs with it. And yes, they should give players the relationship and prizes. What a waste of time and money. I’m still stuck on PART 8, and EA tells me “not to worry”! Ridiculous!
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I’m in the same boat. I’ve had bugs for days where events end and it’s no longer the event I chose to do. The restaurant event has been unavailable since day 2 of this, and I’m now on the quest where I need to do said event!
    0B0BPxW.png
    qmYMNb4.png

D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    On stage 26 of 29. So close and cannot complete. Really hope they give the rewards to all since it is bugs preventing us from finishing.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Pegsterlou12Pegsterlou12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with the others... since we can’t do the restaurant event, to complete the quest, then we should get the prize!! I’ve beat everything else, I need this new relationship! C’mon EA .. help us.
  • ChubbyPenguin277ChubbyPenguin277 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same problem. Stuck on quest 20 out of 29 and it won’t let me do the restaurant part.
  • CarolinaCherylCarolinaCheryl Posts: 2 New Member
    I just finished the quest this morning. It was a struggle with all the bugs, but not impossible. If you aren't at least to part 25 right now, it's going to be next to impossible to finish. I still can't get the fireplace and a few other items though
    I keep getting the same 3 prizes.
  • catsuncatsun Posts: 11 New Member
    22 hours left. None of my players are in anything yet I can’t do any of the pie quests. No response from EA so no more profits from me.
    They should have at least responded or apologized for the bugs and just give people the prize and call it a day and move on.
  • FancifulcharmedFancifulcharmed Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Karilan said:
    > I’m in the same boat. I’ve had bugs for days where events end and it’s no longer the event I chose to do. The restaurant event has been unavailable since day 2 of this, and I’m now on the quest where I need to do said event!

Same here, very disappointing because I’ve completed all the stories and the prizes from this event were going to motivate me to continue playing. :|
  • MarPlo418MarPlo418 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Geshisa47 said:
    > As an player, this event really hurts right now. I have to say that this event
    > It saddens me that alot was affected and we have to wait for another update. Also idk if other players also have this issue too .. but as for me .. have anyone else seen Emily herself from Llamazoom as an actual sim in the Downtown Area standing in a building between the club and court house buildings? If so ... REPORT THAT TOO! It maybe part of this huge issues with the current event.
    > I love the game cause it is a little addictive, but way to many bugs.

Emily is standing at the meeting table in the business center in my game. I can not talk or interact with her in anyway.
    Also I’ve given up on the harvest task. It’s got me bugged down.
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    I feel very sad for this current update and new event known as Harvest Fest. So many this time round, and with so many people affected ... we should get something from this and not nothing. This bites hard and deep. We want our sims to have a Thanksgiving just like we are outside this game. I can understand that some of us may have completed the quest with no issues and we congratulate you on that .. but as for the ones that was affected HARD .. We are crying out to you EAGames .. please give us the storyline and stuff from the quest.

Idea ..
    I feel they need Sim Mobile Beta Testers who can test out future updates and to give full pledge feedback back to the developers before each update release to the main public. With this idea in mind EAGames .. it may cut alot of future bugs and situations like 99.9 percent. Think on it and think hard.
    TTKIncorporated
  • ChchchchiaChchchchia Posts: 2 New Member
    Well I have a completely different opinion on this. I started playing The Sims Mobile in May of this year and have been a daily player ever since. In my several months playing, I’ve seen all types of bugs and glitches and technical issues and this Harvestfest event is no different. I’ve lost plenty of progress and rewards and opportunities due to these bugs, but I don’t agree that EA should have to reward us with extra prizes because of that. I got all the glitches that everybody has been posting about and like I said I lost progress but I was always able to fix the issue by closing my app and refreshing everything or just turning my phone off for a while. Yeah, it was inconvenient and annoying but I love the game so much and my house and my sims that I kept on it and completed the quest with 2 days to spare. I also did buy the add on pack with the harvest display and the cupcakes to help me get through it. I committed to completing the quest along with the pumpkin spice lovers story so I planned my moves carefully and ahead of time to take advantage of the 6 days we had to complete everything. After all my hard work and dedication, I don’t think it would be fair to just reward everybody with what others like me have received for our efforts and not to mention money spent. If you wanted to complete the quest you could have. It was a challenge for sure, but also easy and enjoyable. I take this game seriously so I put in serious work. EA should not have to give away what I worked so hard for to others who did not put in the same amount of effort, time and money that I did, even if it was because of the glitches.
  • SlumFlowers21SlumFlowers21 Posts: 7 New Member
    [quote="Chchchchia;c-16842668"]Well I have a completely different opinion on this. I started playing The Sims Mobile in May of this year and have been a daily player ever since. In my several months playing, I’ve seen all types of bugs and glitches and technical issues and this Harvestfest event is no different. I’ve lost plenty of progress and rewards and opportunities due to these bugs, but I don’t agree that EA should have to reward us with extra prizes because of that. I got all the glitches that everybody has been posting about and like I said I lost progress but I was always able to fix the issue by closing my app and refreshing everything or just turning my phone off for a while. Yeah, it was inconvenient and annoying but I love the game so much and my house and my sims that I kept on it and completed the quest with 2 days to spare. I also did buy the add on pack with the harvest display and the cupcakes to help me get through it. I committed to completing the quest along with the pumpkin spice lovers story so I planned my moves carefully and ahead of time to take advantage of the 6 days we had to complete everything. After all my hard work and dedication, I don’t think it would be fair to just reward everybody with what others like me have received for our efforts and not to mention money spent. If you wanted to complete the quest you could have. It was a challenge for sure, but also easy and enjoyable. I take this game seriously so I put in serious work. EA should not have to give away what I worked so hard for to others who did not put in the same amount of effort, time and money that I did, even if it was because of the glitches. [/quote]

I'm sorry to say this, but if the whole point of the event is to get cash then maybe EA shouldn't categorize Sims Mobile as free. Yea i agree with not giving away prizes but not because some of us spent money on it. EA gave a quest equally for everyone, you should remember that this game is also for kids who don't even have those money needed. Besides they're still at fault for these glitches. Yes i don't care, call me rude or whatever but you know we're a player the customer in here. Just like they don't care about the prices. In conclusion everyone still deserve some kind of an apology because most couldn't enjoy the event at all. I completed the quest, spent some money too but i still think your statement isn't fair for the whole community.
  • JazmyneJazmyne Posts: 1 New Member
    I too am facing so many problems. I contacted them directly and reported about the bug they gave me 600 pies and told me to wait for some time. But the festival will end in a few hours, what am I supposed to do then?
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I know I'm a little late on this, so It might be too short notice now.
    EA_Maaike provided a workaround in the EA Answers part of the forums where you can report bugs and other issues.

Apparently, the trick is to make sure all the playable sims are not doing anything, as in not currently in any work, hobby, relationship, or special events. When you force close the game and open it, it says that your sim is in a long shift (or whatever event it decides to show). Just click complete and force-close again. Keep completing the event it says that your sim finished, then continue force-closing the game until it finally says that the harvestfest event that you did is over instead of a different event. The reason for this is that a sim is stuck in one of the harvestfest events even though it says that the character is not doing anything.

For me, after multiple attempts of force closing, it would still show that my sim kept showing up at the cafe and it would say a long shift ended. When I took her back to the restaurant lot (where the harvestfest event was), I made her talk to the chef that works there, completed that little task, and then I force-closed the app and restarted it. Then it finally worked and I was able to move on with the quests. The next time I did the event, I kept her in the lot and got her halfway through it. I haven't experienced it again! I was finally able to finish the entire quest this morning.

I read that they wouldn't extend the time on it because they couldn't do it once the event is up and going, but hopefully they will give us at least something for the inconvenience :disappointed:

Also, I agree with this:
    I just finished the quest this morning. It was a struggle with all the bugs, but not impossible. If you aren't at least to part 25 right now, it's going to be next to impossible to finish. I still can't get the fireplace and a few other items though
    I keep getting the same 3 prizes.

I also can't get the fireplace or sparkling apple juice press, which are the only two items I am missing. I get double, sometimes triple, bags of wreaths and lanterns. Back to back, even though I have 10/10 on those two items. So the 'bonus' rewards is just coins.

Good luck!
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• SimloverkariSimloverkari Posts: 1 New Member
    I really want theme to put custom contenot in the game