The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite Trait?

JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims (2000)
Do you have a favourite trait? Right now I'm playing my Sims 3 legacy and I love giving my sims the "family-oriented" trait because of the interactions it opens up and how quickly they build family bonds :smiley:

What is your "go to" trait? Do you have one? It could be from any of the iterations!

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One of my favorite traits was in Sims 3, and it was the shy trait.
    17554174_768876686595962_8513210065886942113_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeHBrNjSu3Z6k6V6cbI23zxaI3Z2PEAQW_5SrL9bjborw7b9fNeFGlB2ulHepP-s96w6X9MGRHjgPqLAjzncEE69iUk41Nw5h9NUmpiEGf3giw&oh=5dc496562991c9a6ffae1d7cfa540160&oe=5BB44A7A
    The really cool thing about that trait was when ever my shy sims were with two of their friends, nothing ever bothered them, and they got a wonderful mood boost with being with their friends.

I think I'll head off and play one of them now.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Awe, thanks for sharing @LaBlue0314 :heart:

• hallowhallow Posts: 58 Member
    My personal favorite sim trait has got to be the “good” trait. I keep my other household sims’ needs up, so the good sim is always happy.
    I literally don't have a single household without some sort of pet help me
    Ah yes, very sweet @hallow thanks for sharing!
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I absolutely adore the Loves the Outdoors trait (from TS3). It's a guaranteed +20 moodlet whenever a sim is outside, and it supposedly makes sims better at fishing and gardening, two skills I enjoy very much. At the very least, they'll automatically be in a better mood while building their skills. I also tend to give the trait to other self-employed sims, like artists or sculptors, and put the easel or sculpting station on the porch. If you add the outdoors boost to "having a blast," at least a "nicely decorated" moodlet, and a boosted stereo blasting their favorite music, their moods are already maxed out before they do anything else. And I always like seeing my sims happy.
    Oh that’s cool @puzzlezaddict thanks for sharing! :heart:
  • XHails_HaileyXXHails_HaileyX Posts: 14 New Member
    I can't pick 1 favorite, so here's my top 3:

Loner
    Genius
    Virtuoso

I'm in the habit of making a lot of edgy goth Rock Star sims with these traits lol
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    In sims 4 i kinda miss Sims 3 "negative" traits (just like i miss the "fears" from sims 2). My sims 3 sims were so realistic, some of the were afraid of technology, some of them hated being outside, some of them disliked really bad going fro a swim... I like those that make my sim more realistic. The ones that give personality to my sims.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    My most fav trait was only in Sims 3 - the Proper trait. I was so happy to have that trait and really miss it.

I also like the Sims 3 version of the loner trait - it is spot on compared to other versions of that trait we had. But the most fun trait I ever had has to be the Coward trait. Caused me to go in fits of giggles more times than I could count in Sims 3. My most played traits seem to be loves outdoors, genius, and friendly.

I do not like any of the mean traits or evil traits - as I do not enjoy seeing deviate behaviors in my game from my own sims (oddly I don't mind having others sims in my game that do have those traits if they are Vamps anyway, I just don't play them but do not mind interacting with them) - that said though I do think the Sims 4 sims are a bit too smiley and happy acting for my comfort level most of the time. I also never give any sims the traits of hating kids or animals or being mean to anyone. I suppose I enjoy my Lala Land but truthfully wish they were a little more normal acting. I mean Sims really should get and act angry to a sim that makes them mad - not smile and keep befriending that Sim. Maybe walk away in a huff - let that sim know you've made them angry. That I would find normal in even the nicest sim. So I could see some adjustments in behaviors of the sims of all traits.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    I have a dilemma between genius and good trait. I cannot choose what to prefer over the other :P
  • AilurophiletteAilurophilette Posts: 49 Member
    I love the "romantic" Trait, but at the same time I really enjoy giving my sims unusual combinations of traits such as, Ambitious maniacs with a passion for painting.
    Origin ID: Ailurophilette | The Honeycomb Legacy |
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like the unflirty trait
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • thesimmer77thesimmer77 Posts: 33 Member
    no traits in sims 1, but I will see those eventually as I will play the other sims game eventually :)
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Absent-minded, brooding, and heavy sleeper from TS3 and hot-headed, childish, and clumsy from TS4! lot of TS3 traits I'd love to see added in TS4 to add some variety.
    6riwm5.png
  • deskitadeskita Posts: 24 Member
    In the sims 3 console I used the good trait a lot as it gave a discount to positive karma powers. I also use loves the outdoors a lot on starting sims as they tend to literally live outside :smiley:
  • MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    In TS4 I use unflirty, cheerful and loner :smile:
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg