Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Cats and Dogs fun to play for you?

124...Next

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yes : The pets are entertaining
    I love them so much. I have an agressive puppy and she would bark and be mean to everyone but her mother. She's always playing with her mother and I love it! There's also a cat that just loves licking everyone (she's my favourite) She goes and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 every pet in the house and it's so funny. There's also another cat that's always scratching the furniture. And one of my dogs is always running away for some reason.

I really like these pets and I'm always watching them to see what they do next.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No : The bets are boring without much gameplay value
    I think they are cute in 4 but I really need to see their needs. I don't know if it is some type of Sim OCD but I need to know if they are ok.
  • spookybeansspookybeans Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes and no. I preferred it in the Sims 3 where you could control them and, most importantly, have them develop traits over time. I think they should have added an option to make the pets have their own free will or not, then everyone would be happy and the debate over the pet free will/no free will would finally be over.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have the EP for a while, but only now (with the start of seasons) actually got my own pet for my family ... a cat.
    And yes, IMHO she is entertaining and a great addition to my family.

Cannot say anything about dogs, however (which, after all I read, are more needy/care intensive)
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes: The pets are entertaining.
    And really well done. Lilith Vatore has li'l Ajax...
    2ZF3Fvm.png
    Of course a vampire would have a Frankenstein's Monster dog.
    dXjrAWs.png
    He's adventurous, and needy sometimes (like a real dog); he gets into fights with squirrels and comes home filthy (like a real dog) and occasionally she steps in his poop (like a real dog owner).
    He may be the size of a gopher, but he's got the heart of an elephant.
    39s65na.png
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • xxritaaaaaaaxxxxritaaaaaaaxx Posts: 31 Member
    I kinda enjoy it, the fact that they fill their needs by themselves and I don’t really need to take care of them is great imo, even though sometimes I even forget that they exist w-w
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yes: The pets are entertaining.
    And really well done. Lilith Vatore has li'l Ajax...
    2ZF3Fvm.png
    Of course a vampire would have a Frankenstein's Monster dog.
    dXjrAWs.png
    He's adventurous, and needy sometimes (like a real dog); he gets into fights with squirrels and comes home filthy (like a real dog) and occasionally she steps in his poop (like a real dog owner).
    He may be the size of a gopher, but he's got the heart of an elephant.
    39s65na.png

Have you seen "Frankenwienie"? (The original is better, it was filmed twice, once with IRL people once as animation). That dog looks almost EXACTLY like the titular dog. :)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Oh and for the topic at hand:
    I would not call it fun, though I can't imagined living in a household without pets, IRL or in the Sims. Pets, for me, is like most people on here view Seasons, I think. Absolutely essential.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I love how much they act like real pets for a change in Sims. These are by far my favorite Cats and Dogs from all the Sims games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2018
    To be honest?! I like the pets in CAS, they are the best cats and dogs we always had but that is limited to that. They are kinda dumb... Sometimes they are starving, but there is food in their bowl. Why dont they just go eat?! There are no dog houses, the animal beds look more like rugs than beds, all animal toys are identical (all of them as balls in different colors and themes), we can not play throwing sticks like in Sims 2, the pets dont sleep in the owners bed, there are tricks, obedience and obstacles, but no competitions... They are super needy. Always scared of every electronic thing in the house (I've never seen a dog that was scared of a fridge or a television), Townies neglect their pets; all the pets in the town are always sick and dirty... They are always sick, they dont jump on beds or tear up furniture... Thye dont have moodlets or skills.... there is no horses, no small pets, and i will never accept the excuse that the veterinarian career needed space to fit in that game. They took more things than the veterinary career could fill. Doesnt make sense to me.

PS.: I felt offended when they said that they didnt add the dogs houses cuz "if you are a dog owner, and your dog sleeps in a dog hous, you are a bad owner!"... Like... I have had dogs since i was a baby, they always had the freedom to choose were they are going to sleep. Right now i have a shitzu and a korean jindo. The shitzu only sleeps inside the house, only making company to my mother. The korean jindo, otherwise, likes to stay outside watching the "nature" more than inside. She likes to bark to the other dogs, she likes to catch bugs, she hates de mailman, and SHE SLEEPS IN THE DOG HOUSE. Why? Cuz she wants. When its too cold to stay outside she sleeps inside, cuz she choose too. But she prefers her house. Does that make a bad owner?! I dont even see myself as an owner, they are more family to me than a "owned" thing. They really offended me.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I love my pets. The best pets in the whole Sims serie. Just wish we have horses too :( .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member
    The pets are really annoying and needy. Its so obnoxious. They were done so much better in ts3
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    The pets are really annoying and needy. Its so obnoxious. They were done so much better in ts3

My real dog doesn't even act like.
    Heck every pet I've had doesn't act like that.
  • ChelleyJayChelleyJay Posts: 80 Member
    IDK if it's me or what. But pets seem boring in the sims 4 compare dot sims 3. It's like I prefer the sims 3 pets over sims 4. The same way I prefer toddlers in the sims 4 than the sims 3. Just seems like it was more interactions in the sims 3 than it is in the sims 4. But I love the fact that they brought pets back. I use them from time to time.
  • itsaluminumitsaluminum Posts: 36 Member
    I think they're annoying tbh. The cats walk around meowing all the time, they cry and cry and I get messages saying they're hungry when there's literally 3 full bowls of food on the floor. The dogs are afraid of everything, and just stand there barking and the fireplace for hours. No matter how much I tell them to go outside and go potty, they wont ever do it themselves unless I tell them to first. I liked pets better in Sims 3.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    edited August 2018
    I started this current household with immediately adopting 3 large dogs. As it turns out, it was totally a hassle, and my two sims who just moved in together to start their life were a little bit too eager to have pets, and as difficult as it was to take care of all of them through walking them, feeding them, petting them, and especially cleaning after them, this is what life is like with pets truly - especially three large dogs.

Turns out owning 3 big dogs right when you move out from your parents' house isn't a good idea! Who'd have thought! I appreciate stuff like this because it's more awesome story added onto my families. It's also incredibly realistic, I find.

I also adore how with the traits, each dog really does feel unique and different in the way they act.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Yes, I love animals.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I was very much looking forward to pets, but ended up finding them rather underwhelming. Like almost everything in TS4, they look great, but aren't much fun. Cats are basically just moving decoration, all the interesting or useful things like learning tricks or jogging together are reserved for dogs, who in turn are way too needy for my liking. They also get sick so often that the treatments can become a serious financial problem if your sims aren't vets themselves, I wish there was a way to teach them not to seek out woohoo bushes all the time.
  • ssophiassophia Posts: 6 New Member
    I feel the game would be empty without them, and of course all my households have pets! but they are so SO needy..makes it very difficult to do anything else gameplay wise
  • SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    I don't mind them in smaller households. But when I have quite a few Sims, the pets always get pushed to the side as I can't get everyone's needs and whims fulfilled. Especially if you have a baby/babies or children.

Also when they want something but you're not sure what it is, they want a clean litter tray when it's already clean, they want food when there's food already there. And then they get sick! So you have to skip work to take them to the vet, which takes forever sometimes.

I LOVE animals in real life, and have had so many real life pets but the Sims pets just take too much out of me. I haven't used them much past when I first got Sims 4, as pets was in the bundle I got. It's cool they're in the neighbourhood's though, and that other families adopt them.