Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Realistic or Cartoony?

Comments

• StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Realistic

About the first post.
    The cartoony avatars are mash avatars from sl, and in that world when you see them they are 3d real looking avatars, I do believe the other avatars are most likely skins from the same online world.
    Just I would like to see avatars that are from our Sims worlds.
    That online world is hard to compare to our game. Unless we are getting Sims On Line :o:)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Realistic
    I really like art style of sims 4, but I'm curious.
    Realistic sims would probably look awful to those who have to play on lower graphics settings...

Yes. Only some beast graphics card could run that.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Realistic

If you can watch cartoons, watch movies and videos on Youtube. and if you can see and play the Sims4 C&D's normally, you most likely ok with your G-card.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Realistic
    Realistic.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Not voting cause either way, it won’t reflect what I want for the game. I want realism to some extent, but no photorealism or uncanny valley. And I like cartoony but I don’t like clowny.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoeguGoegu Posts: 17 Member
    Cartoony
    Cartoony
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Cartoony
    I like the TS4 art style. I would be okay with some combination of that and TS2, or an improved version of TS4's graphics

And realistic things tend to look very bad on lower graphics settings.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Cartoony
    I like how sims 4 looks but not sure what to call it....
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Cartoony
    I like how sims 4 looks but not sure what to call it....

“Can I have “Stylized” for 200, Alex?” :D
  • fruf2014fruf2014 Posts: 197 Member
    Cartoony
    I feel like realism would make the game even more taxing on my computer. Could be wrong. I just like the look of cartoony better myself. I love cartoon styles so much.
  • CXonor13CXonor13 Posts: 666 Member
    Cartoony
    The Cartoony style, in my opinion, gives the sims so much more character and depth than a plain realistic look would. No offence to any true alpha cc creators, but I just don't see any personality in the sims. They're just all models.

Although, I feel like the perfect compromise might be graphics similar to Monster Hunter World.

uSpwlCs.png

That and the fact that a more realistic look would age the graphics considerably more than a cartoony look would. I feel as if The Sims 4 will age fantastically with the graphics style that it has, which is a totally different case from the more realistic looking butterface sims from Uncanny Sunset Valley... :#

Ci7abDw.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Cartoony
    The realistic ones actually scare me.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    Cartoony
    Cartoon-y! The Sims 3 "realistic" style was leaning way too far into Uncanny Valley for me. I'm sorry to people who liked it, but to me it just looked really bad. The Sims has always been cartoon-y in look and personality.
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Realistic
    I think realism, but cartoon-y at the same time. I think hair should have much more detail, smae with objects and clothing and skin etc. But should still look cartoony. Some people make some great stuff for TS4 that is realistic but still cartoon-y. Then it doesn't date badly like purely realistic stuff can, and it has more detail and things are clearer and better than just cartoon-y. Backdrops need to have more detail, objects too. Things need to look realistic in that sense. Hair should have strands and stuff you can see to a degree, more than Sims 4 but not like some Alpha CC that looks a little too extreme. I think I want to see Clothes that are still cartoon-y sort of but have a realistic aspect and look higher quality and have a little more texture. Think Linens and Denim and wool, but not Over the top either.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Cartoony
    Realistic is just out of place and ugly to me, I don't play the Sims because I want it to look or feel real.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2019
    Cartoony
    What I've noticed is that a lot of people play The Sims to get away from real life, and hop into a whole different world and for the time they play it, and forget about the stress of the real world. And adding realistic graphics would kill the illusion of being in and controlling a whole different life and world, for most people. I really just wouldn't see myself enjoying The Sims with ultra-realistic super real graphics.
    Proud simmer
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Realistic
    I would like to see TS5 with the same graphics as The Witcher 3!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Cartoony
    IeZuHKr.png

Hahahaha look at the current poll percentages and votes.... sorry small things amuse small minds, I found it interesting and thought to share :D
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Cartoony
    🤣🤣@ the above post.
    Cartoon for me! I think the sims 4 character look wise is PERFECT! I really don't want them to change at all. I agree with the posts that said playing with realistic looking people would totally weird me out. And I don't like or play games with real looking people. I could just go outside for that.
    I downloaded cc one time that made the sims look real and it creeped me out lol I deleated it quick.

I think sims4 found the perfect balance of both. Only thinf I want is more refined graphics which of course should be expected from a newer game
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Cartoony
    I don't want realistic sims. I'd prefer a simple re-master of the Sims 4 graphics, it's very aesthetically pleasing and I really enjoy it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Realistic
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited November 2019
    Cartoony
    As much as I would've liked realism to see how ugly I could make some sims I really don't think it fits in with the series, plus the cartoony look of Sims 4 ain't all that bad imo. Also If the game was turned realistic the animations would have to be changed to fit in otherwise it would look rather wrong and unfitting. I don't mind the harsher reality changes for death, but does anyone else?

(Taking the example from the op)
    pGBdT7m.jpg
    Like just imagine any of these characters doing any of the death animations from the games. The only one that might fit is the drowning one and that is gonna look waaay more gruesome seeing a realistic person struggling for air rather than the current sim design.

Non realistic graphics let games get away with more harsh things with a lower rating. Take Fnaf 3 for example; One of the cutscenes in the game explicitly shows someone getting Iron Maidened (don't think that's a word) with blood gushing everywhere and when I say iron maiden I don't mean the band, I mean the device with spikes covering the insides that people were shoved into, but yet the game's ratings depict it safe for 12 year olds because it's pixelated? Funny how that works. So I feel like for Maxis it would be ironically unrealistic to make the games more realistic.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Cartoony
    Why not both? o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Cartoony
    Vampris wrote: »
    Also If the game was turned realistic the animations would have to be changed to fit in otherwise it would look rather wrong and unfitting.

Exactly. The Sims as a franchise has always been kinda quirky and a lot of the animations are very exaggerated to fit the cartoony vibe. I think it's kinda gross to even think about a realistic looking sim drown in a pool or burn in a fire. :'D I wouldn't like to play that game. It's completely different to watch a character in a story-based game to die in a more gruesome way than in a sandbox game. At least the story-based games usually have higher age restrictions and you usually know going into it that not every character is gonna make it.

There are people who like to play sims and just kill their sims in different ways and I think it's really creepy to imagine someone watching these real-looking people just die from electrocution. It would also make challenges like the 100 baby challenge really uncomfortable. :D

I do get like some things could have a little more detail (I'd like slightly more detailed eyes because the default eyes in Sims 4 look very lifeless to me and the only usable colors are the brown shades) and I wouldn't mind a little more detailed hair (they've become a lot better over the years when you compare, for example, the base game afro hairdo and the curly hair we got from the caribbean update)

• jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Cartoony
    I want the sims to be cartoony. Though the sky/weather/lighting should be realistic imho