Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OUTDATED] What is your favorite expansion pack in The Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    City Living
    It was a bit tough between Get Together and City Living. I loved late night but the thing that it lacked was playing other households in the same building. But Get Together was just fun. With the clubs, cafe's, Luna Villareal (hands down my favourite teen townie) but after I've done it once, I didn't really feel in the mood to do it again. Third place was Cats And Dogs. Don't get me wrong, I love the pack and townies but tbh, I'm not a big fan of pets and the fact that we can't control them without a mod just annoys me. Get To Work is obviously last. The careers are repetitive. Maybe EA should add more active careers
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Get To Work
    I know Get To Work isn't the popular choice but I couldn't play without it. I love my aliens and active careers and retail businesses.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Get Together
    Amber0922 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Get Together, for its unique, large world, and attentiveness towards sandbox/player-choice elements.

Just my two cents, I'd definitely vote Get to Work for the worst pack as it is a complete 180 from that. Buggy, restrictive careers which when they actually do work properly, are not fun at all because they confine you to the same exact specific things that the game calls for all of the time. Still waiting on an overhaul for those careers, and the many bug fixes it should have by now.

This! Get to Work has added nothing to my gameplay. I've yet to finish a single career because of the glitches

Never experienced a single glitch!?
    BUT the only career I bother with these days (and that's for specific characters) is the Sciene one because it's the only one with humor in it AND the main reason: That awesome raygun.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Get Together
    For me, as I said, it's basically this list:
    1. Get Together - Because of Clubs and the World. Windenburg is AWESOME

2. (Very VERY close second) City Living - Because World. I love San Mushino MORE than Windenburg but this expansion pack has zero essential mechanics, like the club system in Get Together)

3. FAR BEHIND: Pets. Pets are... essential to me, but they don't stand out in any way really (well they're TONS better than Sims 3 pets, having controllable pets SUCKS) but the world is boring, and again, nothing in the game except for the actual pets is remarkable in any way.

4. FAR BEHIND still: Get To Work. Fun idea. But just like the business pack for Sims 2, it is just not gripping me in any way whatsoever. I ONLY bought the pack in Sims 2 for the Servos, and I bought this pack mostly because of the items and CAS.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I selected Cats & Dogs, but it's probably a bit of a tie, to be honest.

Cats and Dogs for the new world (I LOVE LOVE LOVE Brindleton Bay and play it primarily) and the... well, the cats and dogs O.o

Get together for the new world (I LOVE LOVE Windenberg and play it secondarily) and the club system.

A close second is City Living because I love the CAS and build items, and the street food stalls (I love food. I'm a foodie). The only thing really stopping it from being my favourite is not being allowed to create your own apartments in San Myshuno or other worlds. I used to love that aspect of apartment living in the previous sims games (my favourite for apartments was Sims 2)

Last is Get to Work, but I don't hate it by any means. I've been lucky (touch wood!) in that I haven't had a particularly buggy experience with the careers in it, and I love the detective and science careers especially. I do think the retail system isn't as good as previous sims games, but I recently made a massive department store and am getting back into it.
  • AshleyAOAshleyAO Posts: 62 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    I adore having pets in this game!
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Get Together
    I only chose Get Together because it has the biggest town and I love the European architecture and town theme. If I could choose another one it would be cats and dogs, because I prefer to play single sims and I like being able to make my RL pets.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    City Living
    I hate get together. I don't use the world, I don't use the club system. I just use the objects (BB and CAS).
    get to work is one big mess, I won't even talk about it.
    now,
    C&D felt like a huge disappointment to me because I didn't like how small the world was, I didn't like the fact there were no small pets. I only liked the CAS objects and some of the BB objects.
    CITY LIVING is my favorite. I love the city (born, raised and probably will die in one), I love the diversity of the apartments (sure, I could use a few more of these but oh well), the festivals are a HUGE deal to me, and most importantly I just find it extremely useful to have a city in my gameplay. you think Friends would be the same if it were in the suburbs? NO!

but that's just me:)

-Yarden.
  • TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    Get Together
    This was a toss up between City Living and Get Together but the clubs won out. I can have the basement group from that 70s show, the Amis for Les mis, scouts, children and teens in cliques, and clubs to have all of the family just turn up on Sundays. I love how the club system works especially when I can have them all interacting in ways that make the sims come to life(I have a few mods that increase the activities that the sims can do). It's really cool to have the book club come over to talk and read, while the band kids rehearse, and the boy scouts run around looking for frogs or fishing. The best part is that you can have sims that develop life long friendships that start when they meet in one of the kids clubs. You can also have a club that just has all the grandchildren and their grandparents to simulate weekend visits to the grandparents house. Also Windenburg and those RUINS.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cats & Dogs
    Right now it's Cats & Dogs but I can see it being changed to Seasons by Friday evening.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• subzeroooo95subzeroooo95 Posts: 2 New Member
    City Living
    I personally love CL the most! I go to festivals all the time and imo I feel like people tend to own an apartment before they buy a house and have a family so I always play it like that. The city is always my fav place to be! I find myself traveling there often if I live in a different world.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Cats and Dogs but its about to be Seasons.
  • wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Cats & Dogs
    Cats and Dogs.
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited November 2018
    Gotta say it’s Get Famous so far - the pack that I spent hours playing compared to the rest! That and it caters to my interests! Another is City Living and then Seasons, next two favorites.