Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want story progression?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    molecularmoleculemolecularmolecule Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes
    Yup. I honestly couldn't imagine playing without story progression now (I use MCCC), and it makes the whole world feel more alive, and that the whole game doesn't just focus around my sims. It's really interesting how some couples get together, have kids, and then break up, leaving the children behind. It's just a feature that, as I mentioned, I couldn't play without!
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I use MCCC and love the customization--at this point, I'm not sure I'd be willing to settle for something with fewer options.

Agreed.

MCCC is a very powerful tool that lets players control so many aspects of the game, as NRaas mods did before it. I wish that those kinds of options were official to the game. However, since they're not, I'm grateful to the mod creators who make it possible.

I'm encouraged that the Gurus seem to be taking a look at the "interesting" things that mod creators have been able to achieve. If they've been taking mods into account, I have a feeling (at least, I hope) that future features in the game will have robust options. ::crosses fingers::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    No
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    P.s. And nobody getting a job. Indeed, Sims 4 does that and I loved it, when my sim became a scientist, one of her colleagues turned out to be a sim I had played before and who I had put in the new save. I simply fail to see how that’s a bad thing.
    Interesting. For me, it's easy to see why some people might consider it a good thing, and also why others might consider it a bad thing.
    If you hate the guy being a scientist for some reason, hop over to his household and make him choose another profession. Easy as pie.
    This sounds exactly like something someone who is anti-SP could say to someone who is pro-SP, that if they want something done, they can just go do it themselves, "easy as pie." The same way that some people don't want to spend their play time making things happen, others don't want to spend it undoing things.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    No
    Cupid wrote: »
    P.s. And nobody getting a job. Indeed, Sims 4 does that and I loved it, when my sim became a scientist, one of her colleagues turned out to be a sim I had played before and who I had put in the new save. I simply fail to see how that’s a bad thing.
    Interesting. For me, it's easy to see why some people might consider it a good thing, and also why others might consider it a bad thing.
    If you hate the guy being a scientist for some reason, hop over to his household and make him choose another profession. Easy as pie.
    This sounds exactly like something someone who is anti-SP could say to someone who is pro-SP, that if they want something done, they can just go do it themselves, "easy as pie." The same way that some people don't want to spend their play time making things happen, others don't want to spend it undoing things.

Well, not only that, but sometimes the game chooses an NPC job for your unplayed Sims that you can't undo, because it's hidden, like the yoga instructor. And this is exactly why I don't like it. It's actually invasive if you don't want it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Only if we can toggle it off
    Only if we can toggle it off.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Only if we can toggle it off
    Yeah but at least a toggle for those who aren't fond of it

But I personally want it so that I can see I guess more NPCs branching out and what not
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    Yes, but with one huge qualification: It would have to come, not just with an on/off toggle, but the ability to select the exact things we want our sims to do autonomously, from a fairly detailed list. A one-size-fits-all approach will never do.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No
    I detest online play because I don't want anything touching my game or anyone else changing my game when it comes to the characters played in the game. The playing is what I do not mechanics and not others. I need that control all the time by all characters I play and control.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....