Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrity Perks And Quirks

Ugh! I have a level 4 celebrity and she has the “Vain” quirk that makes her tense if she’s not looking at herself in a mirror all the time. She also has the quirk that makes her sad if she’s not around other celebrities. Between the 2, she’s sad or tense ALL THE TIME! She has a meet and greet with her fans and was sad the whole time because no other celebrities were there for her to talk to. Does anyone know how to get rid of these quirks?

Comments

• yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    If you hold shift and click on your sim cheats will appear and under one of the options there’s an option to remove quirks.
  • Hyper_Simmer1111Hyper_Simmer1111 Posts: 4 New Member
    i like how it seems harder to become a celeb in sims 4 than sims 3
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited November 2018
    You can also go to the reward store and go get the quirk b-gone potion and then drink it to get rid of your chosen quirk! If you have the points for it. If you don’t, you can always cheat.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    jacknchloe wrote: »
    Ugh! I have a level 4 celebrity and she has the “Vain” quirk that makes her tense if she’s not looking at herself in a mirror all the time. She also has the quirk that makes her sad if she’s not around other celebrities. Between the 2, she’s sad or tense ALL THE TIME! She had a meet and greet with her fans and was sad the whole time because no other celebrities were there for her to talk to. Does anyone know how to get rid of these quirks?

You can remove quirk with potion in rewards... It cost only 250points, so it is very easy to obtain
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    I use the potion when it gets annoying. I like the quirks, but they get old VEEEEERY fast.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i haven't worked with the vain one yet, but venessa (the sim from the trailers) starts with the 'needs other celebrities' quirk. and she really is constantly sad if she isn't able to actually converse with other celebrities (not just the starter fanning options, but the conversation options that only show up at friendship status or higher. the 'regular' ones, like get to know or talk about weather). it can be a bit frustrating, especially before they get to know another celebrity well enough to get those conversation options. the good news is the sim only needs to chat with another celeb once within a 24 hour period to either remove the moodlet or keep it at bay

so, venessa is now on great terms with two other celebrities and calls one or the other to hang out at her place any time she needs her 'fix'

i accidentally found a bit of a cheat for it, as well as a way to boost reputation and, depending on perks picked, fame... meeting a famous athlete at the gym!

i had her ask the default athlete celebrity, kayla flemming, to mentor her while she was running on the treadmill. this caused their friendship to go up quite steadily and they're now best friends. it also had her reputation skyrocket, too (she reached pristine level off of two bouts of this) and, once she had the fame perk where interactions with other celebrities boosts fame, her fame started jumping quickly, too
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Haven't wanted to remove a quirk yet because I'm still having fun with them.. right now I'm playing a serial romantic with the no touching quirk.. definitely making things harder lol. I did buy him the Celestial Crystal Crown though and it says it needs rare crystals to remove quirks.. and it does other things too.
    egTcBMc.png
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Is there a cheat for extra perk points?
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    One of my sims got a quirk about enjoying really good food or having a refined palate (I forget the name of it exactly and I’m not at my computer) but it’s really fun so far. It works really great with the dining out pack and he gets a mood boost any time he eats a decent meal so it’s cool :)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,402 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    testingcheats true
    then:
    sims.give_satisfaction_points # of points you want here: Ex:
    sims.give_satisfaction_points 1000
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,188 SimGuru
    testingcheats true
    then:

I assume they're asking for cheating extra fame perk points, in which case you'd instead want to turn on testing cheats, and then enter "famepoints #"
  • MidnightRainDropMidnightRainDrop Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone,

So my sim is a Global Superstar and received the “Juice Enthusiast” quirk. I find that one really annoying so I removed it with the “Quirk-B-Gone” potion. She received the “Refined Palate” quirk, which is much better. The problem is, is that she still gets the moodlets from the“Juice Enthusiast” quirk, which makes her tense and angry all the time, and drinking juice does not make it better..

Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Hey everyone,

So my sim is a Global Superstar and received the “Juice Enthusiast” quirk. I find that one really annoying so I removed it with the “Quirk-B-Gone” potion. She received the “Refined Palate” quirk, which is much better. The problem is, is that she still gets the moodlets from the“Juice Enthusiast” quirk, which makes her tense and angry all the time, and drinking juice does not make it better..

Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Hello @MidnightRainDrop
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-Removing-quirk-Sim-behaves-as-still-there/m-p/7189700#M77494
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    testingcheats true
    then:

I assume they're asking for cheating extra fame perk points, in which case you'd instead want to turn on testing cheats, and then enter "famepoints #"

Hello, SimGuruGraham

Quirks are not fully removed and my sim still get the negative moodlets after removing them, like removing the Fine plate quirks my sim still get uncomfortable when eating normal food, also other quirks are same and not removed fully..
    I've tried all ways including cheats, the potion.. and yes I deleted cache file..

can you please fix this ? It's really annoying
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited December 2018
    Is it possible (probably w/a mod) to get the quirks without any fame? I have a sim or two that should have a 'vain' attribute, but I'm not sure they should be famous. (I don't have the pack yet; waiting for sale--meanwhile enjoying imagining what I'd do w/it.) :wink:

eta: still hoping, someday, to be able to have a vampire with all the weaknesses and almost none of the perks. Couldn't find a mod that does that. Haven't looked lately; not playing much w/my vamps these days.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    PLease have the ability to remove the quirks entirely. They should be if you want to get them or not, not unlocking automatically depending on your actions.
    2quwd7.gif

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If you go in build mode there's a crown called the Celestial Crystal Crown, and on the computer, there should be an option too buy crystals. You can buy crystals, insert them in the crown, and put on the crown. You can then remove the quirk of your choice. The other option is to purchase a potion using satisfaction points. Each option can only be done once before you need to with the first buy new crystals and with the second buy a new potion. You can still gain the quirks again, but now you know what causes them and can be careful to avoid them.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Is it possible (probably w/a mod) to get the quirks without any fame? I have a sim or two that should have a 'vain' attribute, but I'm not sure they should be famous. (I don't have the pack yet; waiting for sale--meanwhile enjoying imagining what I'd do w/it.) :wink:

eta: still hoping, someday, to be able to have a vampire with all the weaknesses and almost none of the perks. Couldn't find a mod that does that. Haven't looked lately; not playing much w/my vamps these days.

No. You have to be a one-star celebrity to have perks at all, otherwise, you can't get them. There might be a mod that allows it, but I'm not a person who wants quirks so I don't know.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    i like how it seems harder to become a celeb in sims 4 than sims 3

It's better that way. Fame is not something that ever comes easy even in RL. Those so-called overnight successes often took years to break through.

As for losing the quirks, there's an aspiration reward that costs 250 points Quirk-B-Gone, and you get to choose which one you want eliminated. Your Sim need only drink the potion. I don't know about the cheat, if I find it, I might use that. Right now, my Global Superstar has a lot of those reward points. Yes, I fulfill whims. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2019
    I actually like some of the nerf-perks. Vain stopped working not long after I got it and it doesn't do anything any more, no debuff. The food-related one isn't an issue because my sim is high in cooking. The Stan isn't an issue because I keep the house and gates locked.

The famous rub-elbows one is a real problem though. You have to interact with someone MORE famous than you. As you grow in fame, it gets harder and harder. Once you reach Global Superstar, you pretty much have a permanent debuff. If I get that perk, I usually reset my fame 'cause I'm basically screwed then.
    Post edited by gettps on
  • Korqi33Korqi33 Posts: 2 New Member
    I was having the issue where "invisible" quirks that didn't show up in the fame panel or quirk list still gave my sim moodlets. I might have fixed it by stepping back into the spotlight to level 1 fame, adding the quirk back and then removing it.
  • RomeoCharlesRomeoCharles Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't even have access to the serum, it's not in my rewards store
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    When I notice a bad quirk I just grab a potion in the lifetime rewards store. There is a crystal you can use on the helmet thing (don't remember the name) to get rid of a quirk but it will deplete one of your sim's needs If you don't like quirks and want to get famous try to get stan and paparazzi darling quirks. In my opinion they will be the least annoying.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • MissMKMissMK Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm with someone else that mentioned giving us the choice to turn quirks off. I am not happy with it. Beeeeecause an hour into work (I'm a pianist for now) my sim gets the Tense moodlet from not interacting with her quirk goal. Why would they make the game like this where you can't help them out while at work? So, i helplessly get to watch my sim work tensely in orange and it bums me out. I know how they act when they're tense and i don't want bad interactions with coworkers or not being able to get a promotion from the bad mood.
    I'm trying to unlock my Xbox achievements so can't use cheats or I'd turn quirks off 😭

Please have an update where we can control our sim a little more from home regarding their quirks and also, for those of us who think it's ridiculous, give us the option to turn quirks off in Fame. Thanks.