Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Weird Triggers (that make me look for CC).

GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Oh great - Now I am fighting the urge to load up Pets and attempt to make a dog and cat based on Ren and Stimpy! :D
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Ah, Ren and Stimpy. Grew up watching that on the old VHS tapes my brother and dad had of it. Cartoons aren’t like they used to be. Lol

I used to be a huge CC addict. Then the Great Crash of ‘12 happened on my computer and I forced myself off CC cold turkey.

It wasn’t pretty. I had bad withdrawals :D
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited November 2018
    I've got the worst case of CC overload and my Mod situation is far worse with hundreds of them in my game.I've even start making my own CC and using that in my games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Geez, thanks. Just what I needed! :)

@TadOlson That's cool! Like that you'll always get exactly what you're looking for! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I just went on a download binge. :# I'll go for a long time without downloading anything, then I find something that sets me off.
    I just found out I have a need for the hairstyles in each category to look like they "belong" together. For example, if everyday hair doesn't have bangs then none of the other categories can have bangs and the overall length has to be consistent. I know, ridiculous.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Odonata68 That is not ridiculous at all! It's one of the reasons my sims have the same hairstyle for all outfits. I would not be able to cope with hairstyles that so obviously could not be done with the main hairline or hair length.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @Mikezumi I'm glad I'm not the only one! :D It's not so bad with male hair, for the most part, but female hair is a different story.

So, in my search for hair consistency, I found Accesory Bangs (left side, 2nd one down)
    I only downloaded one style to test. I was a little disappointed about the texture. Maybe I'm missing some texture I was supposed to download (I'll have to check into that). It looks so good in the web picks, but I had a difficult time matching to Maxis hair. I can't even imagine trying to match to detailed cc hair. There is also a weird outline around the ends of the hair, like a heavy black line. Also, it comes in this bright pink color with no texture so I found a "wood" texture with more than one colorable channel. That way I could simulate highlights to match the in game hair.
    Anyways, here's some pics on my little CC adventure:
    Ashley, here, was my Guinea Pig for this little experiment
    screenshot_original.jpg
    :s
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Tried this hair since it doesn't have bangs
    screenshot_original.jpg
    See what I mean about the dark outline
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Ok, dark hair it is.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    After fiddling with the color, I think it looks ok. Of course there is clipping with some hairstyles, but I bet the shorter/smaller bangs with work.
    I'm most excited about giving new life to the original maxis hairs and hiding some of those foreheads!!! :D
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    And finally an in game pic with weird lighting
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I would also like to add that I really like the skin on my model. I also found it on one of my searching binges: rock-the-sims-italy.blogspot.com/search/label/Skintones . She's wearing the female one, and this skin even looks good outside. Usually the outdoor lighting in the game makes even CC skin look bad. Sorry for the long-winded post. o:)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Odonata68 I checked out the accessory bangs and they look interesting but probably not for me. Did you you hat sliders in your fiddling?
    That is a lovely skin and I am not surprised since Mamyrocker does beautiful skin :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the bangs accessory. They're just ok to me (because of lack of texture) but I'm sure I'll use them occasionally. :)
    I agree about the skin. Mamyrocker has some very nice stuff and I'm sure I'll be visiting her site again. I know most of the CC I find has been out for years, but since I'm fairly new to all of this I can't help but get a little excited about "new" stuff for my game. :D