Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim won't turn into a mermaid?

unknown.png

No matter what, she won't turn into a mermaid. I've tried three times already.

She's not supernatural (to my knowledge) and not pregnant. She's a freshly turned young adult, and third generation in a legacy save. The only other supernaturals in her home are her dead siblings (ghosts, not playable, just on lot) and her plantsim girlfriend and a different plantsim aunt. I have tried in three different towns- University, Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso. Twice, she bought the LTR, the last time was her grandfather. I also have NRaas Hybrid- is there anything I can do, or will she just... never turn into a mermaid?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2018
    I've only had one sim turn into a mermaid (in Isla Paradiso) and he did get the right special kelp from one of the NPC mermaids. I don't recall whether it worked or not though. If it didn't I would have used MC to add the mermaid occult state. I don't think I've tried the LTR way. I also don't use Hybrid, for what it's worth.

edit: I'm actually playing a couple in IP now. One is a human (Matteo Torres) who's moved in Salty Seaworth. I was planning to turn Matteo into a mermaid too, but I'm having 2nd thoughts. He doesn't have the kelp yet, but he's best friends with the Mia, one of the NPC mermaids in IP. I just haven't taken the time to ask her out to a dive spot and request the kelp.

edit2: see below for the path to add an occult state in MC. May require the MC Cheats module (not Retuner though).

edit3: just tried the LTR way in my game. Matteo and Salty are currently at university. The Mermaidic Kelp worked fine for Matteo and he turned into a mermaid without any problem. I exited without saving since he's going to need to battle a shark eventually. Weird that it's not working for your sim. Have you tried doing an MC reset of her, then eating the Mermaidic Kelp?
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I think you need NRAAS MasterController and Retuner. Both of them together will allow you to go to NRAAS > MC > Intermediate > [add occult] and just add the mermaid state.

I don't have game open but I think that's the path.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    How did she get the kelp? I believe it has to be a gift from a mermaid or a LTR. And if you get the kelp from an evil or mean spirited mermaid, chances are it won’t work either.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    And if you get the kelp from an evil or mean spirited mermaid, chances are it won’t work either.

I've don that before. The kelp made my sim nauseous and vomited a few hours later. :s
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member

Thank you, but that's what I've been doing.
    It's a super cute video, though!

I got the kelp from a nice mermaid (to my knowledge), but once I am able to hop ingame I will try the NRaas route. :)
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I've only had one sim turn into a mermaid (in Isla Paradiso) and he did get the right special kelp from one of the NPC mermaids. I don't recall whether it worked or not though. If it didn't I would have used MC to add the mermaid occult state. I don't think I've tried the LTR way. I also don't use Hybrid, for what it's worth.

edit: I'm actually playing a couple in IP now. One is a human (Matteo Torres) who's moved in Salty Seaworth. I was planning to turn Matteo into a mermaid too, but I'm having 2nd thoughts. He doesn't have the kelp yet, but he's best friends with the Mia, one of the NPC mermaids in IP. I just haven't taken the time to ask her out to a dive spot and request the kelp.

edit2: see below for the path to add an occult state in MC. May require the MC Cheats module (not Retuner though).

edit3: just tried the LTR way in my game. Matteo and Salty are currently at university. The Mermaidic Kelp worked fine for Matteo and he turned into a mermaid without any problem. I exited without saving since he's going to need to battle a shark eventually. Weird that it's not working for your sim. Have you tried doing an MC reset of her, then eating the Mermaidic Kelp?

After doing an MC reset, I used the LTR to get her three different mermaidic kelps. None of them worked and she still gives the notification shown in my original post.
    SemaviLady wrote: »
    I think you need NRAAS MasterController and Retuner. Both of them together will allow you to go to NRAAS > MC > Intermediate > [add occult] and just add the mermaid state.

I don't have game open but I think that's the path.

After doing this path, nothing really happened. She continued to remain the same.
  • Options
    MC's Add Occult should have added the mermaid occult regardless of whether she already an occult (which you could check with MC>Status>Personal). Multiple occult states won't play nice together without NRaas Hybrid, but adding the mermaid life state still should have worked. I don't know what could be wrong. I'd ask on the NRaas site for ideas.
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @KatNip - do you remove caches before starting up your game? Remove caches, then go to the save, remove any occult status, add occult, or try remove occult, try adding a different occult and removing it. I do have Hybrid installed now, but I didn't have Hybrid when I had my first experience with tailess mermaids a few years ago, but adding occult did work.

On occasion on recent older saves some scale legged mermaids do not get a tail while they are swimming. Removing the occult again and adding it back fixes it. I use Hybrid all the time now. I hope your mermaid issue gets fixed.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣