Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you've discovered in Get Famous

Comments

• hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I love the blind date feature. Hope I see it soon in my game. Although my sim is gay, wonder if the system will be able to spot that from past interactions. I'll be super impressed if it does!

Speaking of romantic interactions, you can woohoo in the pod beds even though they are single beds. The animation ends with both being slung out of it and one landing on top of the other laughing. Thought that was cute.

There are lots of little things I'm enjoying. Please keep posting guys. I love reading them and then having a go.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you everybody for input on this new pack I am just wondering if anyone can tell me if the acting stage sets could be used in a community lot setting such as a park? I saw a video where the stage was used in a private residence but not a community lot which I think could be awesome? :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I've discovered that I can give a house key to someone, like giving an apartment key. I don't know if this came from the patch or the expansion.

!!!!!

This came in city living I guess, cause I have this since I am playing in SM and give sims my key all the time. They come over for game night, hang out or 'get ready' to go into the city. Even though this mainly contains them drinking glasses of water and leaving them all over the place. i wish they would just occupy the shower mirror and closets more instead of drinking water.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I don't know if this is new but my vampire Sims can compliment other sims neckline and cardiovascular rhythms.
    My SIM hasn't moved out yet but is practicing acting with Malcom. Emily and Malcom are becoming friendly.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »
    I don't know if this is new but my vampire Sims can compliment other sims neckline and cardiovascular rhythms.
    My SIM hasn't moved out yet but is practicing acting with Malcom. Emily and Malcom are becoming friendly.

That came with vampires . :smile:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I've discovered that I can give a house key to someone, like giving an apartment key. I don't know if this came from the patch or the expansion.

!!!!!

This came in city living I guess, cause I have this since I am playing in SM and give sims my key all the time. They come over for game night, hang out or 'get ready' to go into the city. Even though this mainly contains them drinking glasses of water and leaving them all over the place. i wish they would just occupy the shower mirror and closets more instead of drinking water.

I think what Icey is saying though, is that now in other neighborhoods like Willow Creek we can give a friend a house key. Prior to this patch that interaction was only available for apartments in San Myshuno.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    hadklax wrote: »
    I love the blind date feature. Hope I see it soon in my game. Although my sim is gay, wonder if the system will be able to spot that from past interactions. I'll be super impressed if it does!

Speaking of romantic interactions, you can woohoo in the pod beds even though they are single beds. The animation ends with both being slung out of it and one landing on top of the other laughing. Thought that was cute.

There are lots of little things I'm enjoying. Please keep posting guys. I love reading them and then having a go.

That's what I'm wondering. If blind dates take into consideration what your sims preferred gender preference is or whether it's a random gender it picks.

Yes the Pod Bed acts like the Coffin in that it lets sims woohoo in the single bed and dumps them out. I love the animations for both.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    47M0hZW.png
    My talking toilet is a 3 star celebrity, apparently.
    Oh thank god it was just a bug. Well leaving that here anyway.

Can we keep that bug? Imagine the crowds in your bathroom trying to talk to your toilet... :D
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    > @IceyJ said:
    > alan650111 wrote: »
    >
    > IceyJ wrote: »
    >
    > Cupid wrote: »
    >
    > Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    > And people will send you angry text messages about it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seriously? They said that when things are done in private, it's like it never happened. Should have to get caught before it affects reputation. I hope this is just a bug.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Perhaps the sim who was fed upon without permission told people and it hit the vampire's reputation? I actually don't mind this. Makes using that interaction into a risk! This is the kind of consequences the game needs!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not exactly a risk though, if it happens every time. I'd be okay with it if there was only a small chance of the victim telling. Like maybe, a 5% chance.

However, if you think about it, if someone hypnotized me and drink my blood without my consent, I, too, would smear him :neutral:

But, how severe his reputation dropped? Can it be neutralized easily? What about force feeding in your home lot?
    I don't have GF yet so I want to know.

Yeah, but if you were hypnotized during the act, would you even know? >:)

It bring up the question of if you're just controlling the sim for the moment and if they remember what happened after.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    you can bypass a lot of hassle trying to get a high enough friendship status with kayla flemming (the famous athlete that came with the pack) or any other famous athlete by visiting the gym until they arrive, then asking them to mentor your sim while on treadmill or weight machine

i've been playing venessa, who has the 'must interact with celebrities' quirk that seems to give your sim a +1 sad moodlet until they actually make friends with another celeb that's at least as famous as them (luckily for v, she starts at rank 1). after days of chatting with holly alto, she's still just acquaintances, but after just one day at the gym, kayla is her bff. now she can call kayla up any time to dispel the 'omg, i haven't seen another famous person in 12 hours' moodlet

also, @happyopi i absolutely love the idea of that bug, though it rather looks like the weird one where mousing over plants or sinks or the like after interacting with a beehive shows them all as beehives or plants...
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    Forgot about the drama club for teens and kids, as no one has seemed to mention it.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Did you know by doing an acting scene with a sim that isnt an actor or doesn't have an acting skill they gain the acting skill? This is true whether your sim practices acting with them,a romantic or music scene etc etc.

So if you dont won't some sims becoming famous dont do this.

Does it still happen when fame is disabled from the main menu? I don't think it should, if so.
    edited November 2018

!!!!!

Apartment keys came in City Living. Now, I can give house keys. :) Meaning, my sim doesn't have to be in an apartment.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know by doing an acting scene with a sim that isnt an actor or doesn't have an acting skill they gain the acting skill? This is true whether your sim practices acting with them,a romantic or music scene etc etc.

So if you dont won't some sims becoming famous dont do this.

Does it still happen when fame is disabled from the main menu? I don't think it should, if so.

Dont know as I don't have fame disabled.
    hadklax wrote: »

That's what I'm wondering. If blind dates take into consideration what your sims preferred gender preference is or whether it's a random gender it picks.

Yes the Pod Bed acts like the Coffin in that it lets sims woohoo in the single bed and dumps them out. I love the animations for both.

It does!
    DatLlama wrote: »
    Forgot about the drama club for teens and kids, as no one has seemed to mention it.

I keep forgetting about it, too. I think everyone is playing young adults & older, at the moment.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I keep forgetting about it, too. I think everyone is playing young adults & older, at the moment.

I've been busy setting up my " world" to include the new pack and move sims around and build and all that, but my main family for this round will be done through the eyes of a teen. I'm almost ready to play her out. She'll start in the drama club of course...
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

I was going to let my kids join but they are both scouts and I want them to finish that. Maybe after or I'll let their younger sister do that. Can't play them now due to that awful aging bug :/
    happyopi wrote: »
    47M0hZW.png
    My talking toilet is a 3 star celebrity, apparently.
    Oh thank god it was just a bug. Well leaving that here anyway.

That's hilarious. I find the thought of sims going into the bathroom to take pictures of a famous toilet great. Guess the gold toilet just isn't up to par. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,225 Member

I thought about it today, but I ran out of time to play before I had a chance to start one. Tomorrow, definitely. I did find time to play with the drone though. For some reason, I couldn't get a screenshot, but it didn't take my mixologist long to gain 500 followers for her streamed drink making video. 3 drinks over about 3 hours, at which time the drone had to recharge.

image.png
  • tralizabethtralizabeth Posts: 2 New Member
    If you have a vault you can put money in it, and then you can also have the option to nap or even woohoo in your money pile B)
    edited November 2018
    So, Judith reputation turned into a rather dastardly one (pretty unintentional, but I just let her do what she wanted) and apparently she got this offer for a career to be in the criminal track. Pfft. I find it pretty hilarious.
    xMBF33M.png?1
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Not really a gameplay aspect, but has anyone noticed the loading screens in Del Sol Valley in particular are a lot shorter than in previous worlds? It might depend on your computer but it's something I noticed while playing, I hardly wait at all while moving between lots.