Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are Spring temperatures broken? (and is there a mod to fix them?)

I've just sort of wondered for a while if the Spring season in Seasons is broken or not working correctly because in most my games, it may as well be an extended winter. Temperatures are sporadically too cold to garden in or go outside without a snow-kissed world, or just barely warm enough to be summer; they're all over the place.
https://i.gyazo.com/231d648e0bd75091ed073f7bd00ccd0b.png
Is this how the forecast is supposed to be? It'll never climb out of the lows or go above the highs until Summer. Is there a mod / nraas plugin to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2018
    You can set the temperature range of all seasons (as well as other weather settings) with NRaas Tempest. edit: I use Tempest so the weather doesn't reach freezing temps in Spring and Fall, but I haven't adjusted the default high temps.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It was always that way in my game too, so I started using NRaas Tempest. That's the one you need.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2018
    I just noticed that recently as well.
    I just assumed it was meant to be like that.
    Spring can be chilly up north.

Edit: Its two days till Summer and its 47 degrees.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    Whatever method is used to address this, just wanted to point out that no matter how unseasonably cold or warm it seems the weather forecast in TS3 is nonsense. I mean, it is reported to be correct occasionally in a random kind of way but most often it's way off. We're not sure if the developers felt that TS3 weather is too difficult/impossible to predict beyond the current sim day or if the whole thing was some sort of joke to them (or both).

That does seem a bit chilly for "paradise," though.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    Alright, I adjusted the temps with tempest. Hopefully spring will at least not freeze all of my plants now :/
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2018
    To me it feels like the whole game is just one big joke with all its idles, animations, Monty Pythonesque furniture descriptions etc that just gets sillier for every added object's conflicting broadcasting; not to mention all the options and intersections possible to act on but probably not anticipated in the making of the game that maybe could explain why all my games just get corrupted in the end. The latest funny thing I've found is that in the xml 'Motives', the 'BeBonehilda' and 'BeBonehildaGoofOff' has equal intensity and no decay. That's just a joke in itself.
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I ask myself that question in real life every spring
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    I ask myself that question in real life every spring

hehehe, I do the same thing every Spring when it's suppose to warm up but we still having freezing temperatures and snow into a month and half after the 1st day Spring... :p Old Man Winter just doesn't want to let go of his season just yet.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's like that where I live too, but I don't like it being that way in my game. LOL!
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been using NRaas Tempest to adjust my weather settings and been able to create all kinds of prfiles to get all kinds of weather in each season like my drought in Deery Meadows which resulted in winter being mostly warm and sunny and the previous winter was mild with quite a few wet days with heavy rain and no snow.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson That's the nice things about mods, isn't it? You can get your game to play just how you like it.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @IreneSwift -That's why I stopped trying to play Modless and also because that's how I got saves corrupted by social workers taking children away.It can lead to all kinds of glitchy things like toddlers having pregnancy moodlets or rolling wishes to woo hoo with their parents.I got that when a social worker took my family's baby away when I checked other households out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg