Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town Still Keeps Trying to Populate with Emigration/Immigration OFF.

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
Even when I shut off my population controls...

1) Setting my General>Options:Lots>Emigration/Immigration Ratio to 99% (that makes it so that no-one should be able to immigrate in unless they're stinkin' rich) Their Net Equity ratio should be so bad that no-one should be able to emigrate (if they're already here - just waiting for the Watcher to off them)
Immigration1.png

2)Set all immigrant chances to 0%.
3) Immigration Gauge is set at 5000 to supposedly keep the pressure high so that no sims should immigrate in without that pressure being reached because unfortunately, 0 to disable immigration doesn't work.
Immigration2.png
Immigration3.png

3)Register>Allow Immigration>False
Immigration4.png

Yet the second I go into NRAAS>MC>Totally Annihilate...I get this:

Immigration5.png
NOW...I have to (laughs crazily) KILL THEM AGAIN!!!

C'mon, NRAAS, please, will you allow me to have my exclusive ghost town? DARN IT!!!! Really, it's chock full of radiation and fallout. You really don't want to move there.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've had far worse issues than that once when my Modless game filled Sunset Valley up with over 1000 resident sims not including the over 300 students unable to enter the school to attend classes which resulted in one child being taken by the social worker and caused corruption in that save.I've had the EA bugfest overload my towns badly in other saves or just plain ruin the games and glitch other saves out with deciding that teens could become pregnant without aging up first which resulted in my deleting the saves.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Are these homeless service sims or have they actually moved in and become residents?
  • Options
    Homeless Service Sims, I believe, @Mikezumi.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    So lemme guess, I'm gonna have to keep going into MC>Annihilate Town every so often and "offing" my "service sims..." >:) ~evil grin~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    If there is a way to turn off service sims, I haven't seen it but then I haven't really looked. I just ignore them and only TA them when they try to interact with my sims.
  • Options
    Kinda hard to play an "Apocalypse Town" for me when I'm running into a paparazzi Sim or some other service Sim. Guess I'm going to have to knock down every single business. and home.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would check in the service pools in NRaas Register and make sure to reduce the sizes of those and remove any role giving objects or turn assignments off to stop sims from being assinged to a role.I've done that in my own apocalypse challenge and have almost nobody in town other than my active family and a cashier for the elixir shop.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    There's a way with one of the mods to set the service roles as the current residents in your town.But I forgot which mod does it, Its how I keep homeless out of Praaven.
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I would check in the service pools in NRaas Register and make sure to reduce the sizes of those and remove any role giving objects or turn assignments off to stop sims from being assinged to a role.I've done that in my own apocalypse challenge and have almost nobody in town other than my active family and a cashier for the elixir shop.

Thank you, that helps. I'm going in and reducing all the pool sizes to 0 so that no new Sims are generated for those roles when I eradicate them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @Mikezumi, Those darn buggers, but they never follow the law anyways, right? :D

Anyhow, now my population is down to 7, 6 radiation-resistant aliens and 1 unicorn. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    When you get a chance, you may want to look up the difference between "emigration" and "immigration." They actually mean entirely opposite things.

And no, reducing the service pools to 0 will not stop Service and other homeless non-resident sims from spawning as the game calls for them. You actually cannot maintain a world with no Service Sims. But you can have a lot of fun trying, apparently. :)

NRaas StoryProgression is not responsible for these sims.

There's a way with one of the mods to set the service roles as the current residents in your town.But I forgot which mod does it, Its how I keep homeless out of Praaven.

Role Sims and Service Sims are two different things. NRaas Register can dictate that residents (if you have enough of them) get used as Role Sims. There is no such thing as a resident Service Sim.

Role Sims = Those assigned to role giving objects in town such as cash registers, bars, bouncer ropes, tattoo chairs. Global Role Sims are special cases with no objects to hold the assignments that include the Uni Mascot and the Paparazzi.

Service Sims = Those typically called to your sims homes to perform their services such as maids, babysitters, mail/pizza delivery, the repo sim, the social workers. Special cases include stray animals, grim reapers, and time travelers. Service Sims cannot maintain their service assignments if made into residents.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    When you get a chance, you may want to look up the difference between "emigration" and "immigration." They actually mean entirely opposite things.

And no, reducing the service pools to 0 will not stop Service and other homeless non-resident sims from spawning as the game calls for them. You actually cannot maintain a world with no Service sims. But you can have a lot of fun trying, apparently. :D

NRaas StoryProgression is not responsible for these sims.

Role Sims and Service Sims are two different things. NRaas Register can dictate that residents (if you have enough of them) get used as Role Sims. There is no such thing as a resident Service Sim.

Role Sims = Those assigned to role giving objects in town such as cash registers, bars, bouncer ropes, tattoo chairs. Global Role Sims are special cases with no objects to hold the assignments that include the Uni Mascot and the Paparazzi.

Service Sims = Those typically called to your sims homes to perform their services such as maids, babysitters, mail/pizza delivery, the repo sim, the social workers. Special cases include stray animals, grim reapers, and time travelers. These are the ones that cannot maintain their service assignments if made into residents.

I do know what emigration means. @igazor It means "moving out..." of a country or in this case, a world.
    Immigration means "moving in" or entering a country or a world. I used to get "A"s in English.

The ones in bold I have reduced their pools to zero - which means that they shouldn't be drawn upon. In no apocalypse world I've heard of has any resident wanted pizza, baby-sitting, or mail delivery, unless you're talking about that Kevin Costner abomination of a movie (Mailman) and I think most sims would be too busy trying to survive to care about repo'ing someone's possessions for non-payment of bills. I can deal with stray animals, grim reapers (death would have a field day in my town) and time-travelers. I've also set taxes to zero. Revenue Canada can go kiss my ample bottom...since they're not going to get my taxes if an 850Kt. nuclear weapon drops on my hometown. Like wise my sims are giving the Sim Revenue-Canada the middle finger.

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I do know what emigration means. @igazor It means "moving out..." of a country or in this case, a world.
    Immigration means "moving in" or entering a country or a world. I used to get "A"s in English.
    Then perhaps you should review what you have actually done rather than your notes from class. There is no immigration/emigration ratio in SP. You have adjusted the emigration debt to asset ratio presumably so that inactive resident sims cannot move out of your world -- and that's fine, but debt emigration is already deactivated in SP by default as the default debt to asset ratio is 0. The value of 999999 or whatever is not valid there and the mod will ignore it, the highest possible value it will read is 100.

Then you have gone on to tell us that the Immigration Gauge set to 0 doesn't work. But it does, that completely shuts down resident immigration. And that setting the service pools to 0 will prevent Service Sims from spawning, which it does not, it just makes the game work harder when a Service Sim is actually needed.

C'mon, NRAAS, please, will you allow me to have my exclusive ghost town?
    No. >:)

But actually I can't tell anymore if you are having fun playing around with this idea and teasing or if you are totally annoyed at us and our mods. If it's the latter, please say so and I will back out of this thread as I'm not feeling that I'm really being of any assistance here. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Then perhaps you should review what you have actually done rather than your notes from class. There is no immigration/emigration ratio in SP. You have adjusted the emigration debt to asset ratio presumably so that inactive resident sims cannot move out of your world -- and that's fine, but debt emigration is already deactivated in SP by default as the default debt to asset ratio is 0.
    That's all fine well and good, but by the economics definition of the term: Debt to Asset Ratio. The debt to asset ratio is a leverage ratio that measures the amount of total assets that are financed by creditors instead of investors.

You set it at 0 and that means that your Debt Service Ratio at zero doesn't do anything to dictate whether or not your sim can buy himself out of town or not. Since I put it at a 99% Debt to Asset Ratio, any sim is going to have to saddle an extraordinary amount of debt in order to be able to move out. (that means any sims that I create in order to populate my town (the descendants of my sims are not going to move out). And unless he's insane enough to buy more items than he can possibly ever do to balance the DSR to match what he needs to do to be able to "emigrate" outta town; he's not going to be able to do so. And having done real estate in actual real life for over six years, I know exactly the point of a Debt to Asset ratio...in actual practice.
    Then you have gone on to tell us that the Immigration Gauge set to 0 doesn't work. But it does, that completely shuts down resident immigration. And that setting the service pools to 0 will prevent Service Sims from spawning, which it does not, it just makes the game work harder when a Service Sim is actually needed.

Then please tell me when I had my Immigration Gauge set at 0 (which in any case is the default...) why sims were spawning in left, right and center. And now when I set my gauge to 5000 pressure and knocking the service pools to 0, the only thing spawning in now are horses, dogs and cats? That combined with the zero taxes, I've FINALLY gotten what I wanted.
    No. >:)

But actually I can't tell anymore if you are having fun playing around with this idea and teasing or if you are totally annoyed at us and our mods. If it's the latter, please say so and I will back out of this thread as I'm not feeling that I'm really being of any assistance here. :/

I'm not annoyed at your mod; it's just that it's taking some tweaking to get what I want in the game.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    That's all fine well and good, but by the economics definition of the term: Debt to Asset Ratio. The debt to asset ratio is a leverage ratio that measures the amount of total assets that are financed by creditors instead of investors.

You set it at 0 and that means that your Debt Service Ratio at zero doesn't do anything to dictate whether or not your sim can buy himself out of town or not. Since I put it at a 99% Debt to Asset Ratio, any sim is going to have to saddle an extraordinary amount of debt in order to be able to move out. (that means any sims that I create in order to populate my town (the descendants of my sims are not going to move out). And unless he's insane enough to buy more items than he can possibly ever do to balance the DSR to match what he needs to do to be able to "emigrate" outta town; he's not going to be able to do so. And having done real estate in actual real life for over six years, I know exactly the point of a Debt to Asset ratio...in actual practice.

Debt to Asset Ratio as per the Science of Economics a la Twallan (not to be confused with real life economics in any way)

0: This just means the entire emigration by way of debt ratio scenario is shut down. It's what a value of "0" means in many of the mods' contexts and has nothing to do with math or economics.

-1: This is impossible as ratios cannot be negative. The sims so designated by way of their Sim, Household, Caste, or Town Options (not General) will move out of town at the earliest opportunity since their real debt ratios will always be greater than -1 by definition.

1, 2, 5, or some other small positive number: It won't take much debt to trigger an emigration ratio.

99: It would take A LOT of debt to trigger an emigration ratio, assuming they have any assets. At 100, the sims would need to be declared bankrupt (by the mod's definition, not by a formal court proceeding).

999999999: Is meaningless to the mod.

Erm...are we still having fun? :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Debt to Asset Ratio as per the Science of Economics a la Twallan (not to be confused with real life economics in any way)

0: This just means the entire emigration by way of debt ration scenario is shut down. It's what a value of "0" means in many of the mods' contexts and has nothing to do with math or economics.

-1: This is impossible as ratios cannot be negative. The sims so designated by way of their Sim, Household, Caste, or Town Options (not General) will move out of town at the earliest opportunity since their real debt ratios will always be greater than -1 by definition.

1, 2, 5, or some other small number: It won't take much debt to trigger an emigration ratio.

99: It would take A LOT of debt to trigger an emigration ratio, assuming they have any assets. At 100, the sims would be declared bankrupt (by the mod's definition, not by a formal court proceeding).

999999999: Is meaningless to the mod.

Erm...are we still having fun? :)

OK...Well, I prefer to stick with the 99% Debt to Asset Ratio - it just means that none of my sims that I choose to populate the town with will be leaving.

As far as the immigration pressure gauge, I just reset it back to 0 - since it states 0 as the default to deactivate immigration.

So that coupled with the zero service pools on all Service sims (which in any case, I don't need them running around a la Kevin Costner), let's see if there's any "trickle-in" factor on immigrants. If there is, the pressure's going right back up to 5000.

The only inhabitants who should be topside right now are 5 radiation-resistant aliens, the Grim Reaper and a ~bleeping~ unicorn.

And I just set the pets to... NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy > Options:Adoption > Allow Pet Immigration > False as you instructed someone else back in June of 2016. As well as set all "chances" in that category to 0. So I shouldn't be getting any pets spawning in either as well, since I have Register set to only 1 unicorn. Sorry, ~sarcasm~, that unicorn is going to be lonely.

These are the only residents that should be left in that game, outside of my active "family" in the bunker.

The_Topside_Bunch.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I fell like I'm watching Tennis.... >.> <.< >.>

Good stuff to know about things (I'm didn't get no A in English). ;)