Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I gather from some discussion on a Discord that some career related codes have moved so careers will need to be redone.

When you say redone, you mean re-exported or something else?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I gather from some discussion on a Discord that some career related codes have moved so careers will need to be redone.

The tool will need to be revised because the code it speaks to has changed - the part I know of for sure is salary levels moved. Anyone making their own careers without Neia's tool will also need to update the code, not just run it through the new Python version.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    G

The tool will need to be revised because the code it speaks to has changed - the part I know of for sure is salary levels moved. Anyone making their own careers without Neia's tool will also need to update the code, not just run it through the new Python version.

Thanks for the heads up!

• Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Any idea when the tool will be updated?
    Also we no longer have moods for rabbit hole careers. I’m guessing that will have to be removed from the tool as well?

• helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »

Am also waiting for it; guess it will take some time for Neia to make all changes needed; I hope that Python 3.7 won't make a great difference to the elder Version (after I have learned how to use it so hard LOL) ...
  • NICNACJAKNICNACJAK Posts: 1 New Member
    I've loaded up on custom careers. I've made two of my own but I am enjoying what others have created too! I do have a glitch. My Sims aren't getting paid! Is anyone else having this problem? I have the base game plus Parenthood.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    NICNACJAK wrote: »
    I've loaded up on custom careers. I've made two of my own but I am enjoying what others have created too! I do have a glitch. My Sims aren't getting paid! Is anyone else having this problem? I have the base game plus Parenthood.

The patch on Tuesday broke all the custom careers. Neia is working on a fix. Please be patient.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

No idea, I can't stay in front of my computer for too long at the moment, I have downloaded the patch, but that's pretty much it so far.
  • christimachristima Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Neia said:
    > Bronwin2 wrote: »
    >
    > Any idea when the tool will be updated?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No idea, I can't stay in front of my computer for too long at the moment, I have downloaded the patch, but that's pretty much it so far.

Thanks for the update. I can't play without my custom careers!
    Neia wrote: »

No idea, I can't stay in front of my computer for too long at the moment, I have downloaded the patch, but that's pretty much it so far.

Being well matters more than our toys, @Neia :) Take care of yourself!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • RRocket303RRocket303 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there anyway for us to add the interactions that come with other jobs like when you get a popup saying "Your boss has tasked you with reading this book do so to get a bonus"
    [/quote]No idea, I can't stay in front of my computer for too long at the moment, I have downloaded the patch, but that's pretty much it so far. [/quote]

Simply wish you to get well soon. Take your time, I agree totally with luthienrising.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=578829
    can someone please update this mod and add acting career for teens too
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• MaïaGame911MaïaGame911 Posts: 14 New Member
    Je souhaite un prompt rétablissement à Neia, prenez votre temps, le jeu n'est pas une priorité ^^
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited November 2018
    Get well soon Neia, be healthy and happy! A healthy happy modder makes better mods, and is generally more pleasant to be around. We hope to see you back soon! I wish I could step in to help you, but I never learned Python. (I did learn some BASIC, COBOL, and PASCAL, now long outmoded.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Thanks all for the kind words ! I'm personally fine but on preventive bed rest and not taking any risk :)
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    We all wish you only the best, and are glad that you are taking care of yourself.
  • hey gang I am waiting on Neia's permission, but I wrote the baseline code that will allow us all to create the new .pyc file, zip it with the .py and rename it to .ts4script without having to do anything in the command line. The framework is there just have to finish up the graphic user interface and remove all the hard coding i did for the scrub testing. Basically all you have to do is load in the .py and within the working folder it will do the rest. I plan to also have it zip the package files too so that it all ready to ship to MTS
    @XGymnasticsGoddess Have you tested the result in-game to see if Sims who are promoted receive an income? I was talking with someone who was running into that issue, and I read elsewhere that there's a coding change to salary levels.
  • @luthienrising no that for sure is an issue with whatever changes they made, but what I have created will be once everything else is fixed and working, it will do the steps that are listed in the help section but using the pyc over the pyo, which essentially is the same thing just that pyc will allow the use of docstrings and has zero limitations. My code will not be able to solve the issue of custom careers working, but once Neia gets that up and running, this code will compile all the files needed in proper format limited user error in CMD and removing the issue of forgetting a step and having the LE Errors show up in game files. My program will do the heavy lifting of creating the ts4script files in less time than it takes to manually do the work. It will also tell you in the program when it has finished compiling the said files, which will be located in that working folder over having to move the py into the python install directory. Basically, it will do everything at the command line prompt without users having to type a single thing.
    @XGymnasticsGoddess Got it! That's awesome :)
    Wow! Sounds great!
  • MaïaGame911MaïaGame911 Posts: 14 New Member
    Coucou, désolée de ne pas lire correctement le post de XGymnasticsGoddess, je ne suis pas programmeuse lol
    Qu'en est il de la mise à jour svp ?
    Si on peut m'expliquer svp s'il y aura un nouvel outil, je n'ai pas tout saisi.
    Merci d'avance :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Coucou, désolée de ne pas lire correctement le post de XGymnasticsGoddess, je ne suis pas programmeuse lol
    Qu'en est il de la mise à jour svp ?
    Si on peut m'expliquer svp s'il y aura un nouvel outil, je n'ai pas tout saisi.
    Merci d'avance :)

The Mod has not been updated yet. @XGymnasticsGoddess has created a tool that would make the pyo program work more smoothly and is waiting for permission from Neia to apply it to her Mod.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top