Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA New Tech and Help is useless.

I am sorry, but moving help to the useless and inefficient EA help center was a mistake. The sims forums were far more helpful in everything from mod updates, to posting issues, and getting advice on buying computers. Why did you do this?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    You can still use these forums to get/give mod updates and advice on buying computers.

As for posting issues, they removed the bug section here because they don't look at it. They do, however, look at the HQ website. Before they removed the bug section, 95% of the posts were just someone posting an already known bug, and then someone directing that person to the already existing topic for that bug on the HQ website. There was no point to it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content

Can talk and discuss mods along with bugs that happen with them, since EA isn't responsible for mods anything of the sort. There's a lot of help on the HQ website where others reported bugs. Even found help on something I couldn't find on the forums here when origin wouldn't boot up much less any of my games.

@Cupid is right. There was a lot of threads with a lot of similar problems where it would get spammed. That and old necro'd threads as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    They wanted to streamline where we could be ignored, at least that is the impression EA has given off. I also see EA help as useless as I actually have found it to be of no help what-so-ever. I often have already done the suggested band-aid fixes before posting there.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    They wanted to streamline where we could be ignored, at least that is the impression EA has given off. I also see EA help as useless as I actually have found it to be of no help what-so-ever. I often have already done the suggested band-aid fixes before posting there.

I tend to try Google instead of going there. I don't seem to have the over logical mindset EA have.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content

Can talk and discuss mods along with bugs that happen with them, since EA isn't responsible for mods anything of the sort. There's a lot of help on the HQ website where others reported bugs. Even found help on something I couldn't find on the forums here when origin wouldn't boot up much less any of my games.

@Cupid is right. There was a lot of threads with a lot of similar problems where it would get spammed. That and old necro'd threads as well.

Well, I have to respectfully disagree with both of you. I find that site to be most unhelpful, and half the time it doesn't work right. It will redirect you to some obscure point with that stupid graphic. It is bloated and over done, and over loaded. There are posts that are closed with "solved" by so called high level members, that are not solved, but are just hanging. In addition I noticed someone asking for advice for a computer in stated price range and was given unhelpful advice about how the sims is a 3D game, and needs a gaming computer. Nothing like the advice and effort that was given here, with others looking up prices and sales and giving expert opinions.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @Mendota, In regards to what kind of computer to buy to play Sims or any "gaming computer", your best bet is to look for similar threads in the old Help Section and PM the folks who answered or seemed to give the best advice. @chesterbigbird is one of the most knowledgeable people I know for Windows Machines and they are happy to help you to build or buy the best computers in your price range.

In regards to Mods and problems with a specific mod, your best bet is to become a member of the forums that support your favorite mods and to report bugs/issues with them. EA/Maxis is not responsible for third party content. The problem with mods is that when EA/Maxis patches or adds new content to the game, many mods have to be updated to support the new code or become obsolete because EA/Maxis fixed a particular issue a Mod was created to correct. Being a member of those forums helps keep you informed and up to date on changes.

In regards to bugs/glitches that are affecting game play and are not caused by outdated CC or Mods, those should be reported to EA/Maxis at AHQ. While the forums here were monitored by a few players who were kind and helpful and volunteered their time to act as mentors, EA/Maxis rarely visited these forums except for the moderators like EA_Mage who makes sure we don't get into major flame wars (example Sims 3 verses Sims 4). The mentors are players just like you who very kindly helped fellow players find solutions. While not everything worked, they tried their best.

EA/Maxis is actually working to help solve these problems and AHQ is the place to monitor these bugs/glitches and make sure they get fixed in a timely manner. Some bugs aren't easy simple fixes and require a lot of time and effort to research and recreate these issues. If more people reported issues, provided detailed information, gave their computer specs (if asked) and provided saved game data (if asked), it would make it easier to solve these issues. If you are still having issues even if something is marked as "solved", please still post and provide evidence and data so it can be properly fixed. What worked for one player may not work for others and all solutions need to be documented for everyone to see.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    I am not having any real issues, my game in fact runs quite well. And I know how to take care of mods. But I did check from time to time the various help sections to see what issues there might be, such as the dart board bug, for example. But the EA help site is USELESS for the most part. It is too bloated and unorganized.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    I am not having any real issues, my game in fact runs quite well. And I know how to take care of mods. But I did check from time to time the various help sections to see what issues there might be, such as the dart board bug, for example. But the EA help site is USELESS for the most part. It is too bloated and unorganized.

Have you posted about the dartboard bug in the bug forum? By simply typing dartboard into the Search box I found a bug which was fixed:

2znuaz4.png

Perhaps if you are having another issue you could open a bug report so it is logged?

The Me Too button in the opening post of a thread is one of the most helpful and powerful features as it enables EA to see how many are experiencing the same issue. It's all very well moaning about issues and ranting but the user should also make the effort to report the problem and provide specific information if asked for it.

I'm not a fan of the website design and layout but it has a huge amount of information for the Sims games all organised into sub forums which are clearly named.

Why don't you post on the Sims 4 forum at AHQ with your ideas for a more constructive site?
    apple-signature.png
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Agreed - it was useful to browse the help section to see the bugs being reported. (Are other people having this issue, or is it just me?) Sometimes, an object isn't working as expected because the player hasn't done the right interaction, or doesn't have the pack that enables an interaction. It was also useful to know about actual bugs in order to avoid them until they are fixed, or to know the workarounds in advance. (For example, I haven't had everyone sent home because one of my Sims travelled on a holiday because I knew in advance that this was a problem and therefore haven't had my Sims travel on a holiday.)

The AHQ isn't as friendly for browsing, and the one time I had a huge issue (Origin started to update and then ran into a problem and uninstalled itself completely), I was unable to find any help - searching brought up Origin issues for all sort of other games, but nothing like what had happened to me. I couldn't even find a link to Origin - I finally had to google it up to go to the site and redownload it.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

This is the impression I got from this too. Put it somewhere else, make it hard to understand, and we don't have to deal with them.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Sometimes change is hard to understand. If you take the time to look then you may find your bug. If you don't find your bug then create a new bug report, providing all the information asked for. You never know, it may help others who are experiencing the same issue.

Surely it's not difficult to understand that having bug reports and issues all in one place is better than having them in multiple forums?
    apple-signature.png
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited November 2018
    This forum is much more cleaner and faster. Sharing a video link in the EA help center is a hassle of itself. It's slow and not as clean as this forum IMO. Sharing videos here is quite simple and fast. However, in the EA help center it is organized a little better. The individual/s who are looking after it have each bug report labeled accordingly aka the non-interactive sims bug being tagged with open status. It's more useful for the devs to look at and figure out what needs fixing, but of course this is if they are actually looking. The teleporting sims bug and non-interactive sims bug have been plaguing TS4 since the patch before Seasons and many people have already confirmed it, but no fixes or even any comments by any guru or devs. As it stands, we don't even know if they acknowledged these two bugs let alone any of the others. I really don't like this secret society stuff they do. I bet if they would actually talk about what bugs they are looking at, what bugs they are gonna fix first, etc it would really clear the air a bit. It's never a good thing being left in the dark...
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sometimes change is hard to understand. If you take the time to look then you may find your bug. If you don't find your bug then create a new bug report, providing all the information asked for. You never know, it may help others who are experiencing the same issue.

Surely it's not difficult to understand that having bug reports and issues all in one place is better than having them in multiple forums?

Some of the bugs still in the game have been there since launch.
    As another example: The current "aging" bug is marked as "solved". Has it been solved? NO!!!
    As another example: The current "aging" bug is marked as "solved". Has it been solved? NO!!!

Yes and directly above the solution post it says, in bold:
    Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »

Yes and directly above the solution post it says, in bold:
    Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

The point is it should not be marked as "solved" at all. How does doing that make it more "visible"? I didn't notice it. When you do a search on the web and it comes up as solved and then you discover it isn't, that is a problem. If it says solved then it should be solved.

For the record, I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.
    edited November 2018
    I didn't notice it.
    Yep, apparently so.
    How does doing that make it more "visible"? When you do a search on the web and it comes up as solved and then you discover it isn't, that is a problem. If it says solved then it should be solved.

It makes it more visible because the solution reply is moved to the top of the thread, so people don't have to dig through pages to find the reply that the developer left. People can then find the thread, read the solution, and see that the issue has been reported, reproduced, and is being worked on. I'm sorry that it never occurred to you to read the solution post, but I think most people probably would.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2018
    Crincrit works very hard to maintain the aHQ forum and she does a great job with it. Of course not every bug gets fixed by the developers, but it is much more organized for reporting bugs than the forum is and its easy to find existing bug reports and add feedback to them.

Also, whats the point in them reopening a bug report forum that they don't look at? I don't get it.
    Post edited by Reksoh on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Crincrit is a she. :)
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2018
    Crincrit is a she. :)

Oops, fixed :D
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Also, it's Crinrict not Crincrit lol, while we're correcting these things :D
    In my humble opinion it would be better to just say acknowledged rather than solved. And why would it be a hardship to just visit the forums for the devs? That is just an excuse. And yes, Crinrict works very hard, this has nothing to do with her. However in my experience having used both the Sims forums for issues and the EA support, the forums were a much better option. To a point I learned about the aging bug on the forums here.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    :D:D:D:D:D
    I had to laugh. So true.

(Though I will say that Crinrinct over at AHQ is very nice and goes above and beyond to help).
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I don't find the answersHQ as easy to use as this forum, but I concede that's probably because I am not as familiar with the place.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Fruit left behind from a moved tree where the fruit had branched over your lots property line end up floating forever. It's been a problem of mine for over a year and apparently on that EA site it's been a problem for MANY years so apparently they ignore things there too. Different site, same garbage.