Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how did the new patch affect your game?? and help here xx

Comments

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m getting extreme lag that wasn’t an issue 2 days ago.

Did you apply that configuration fix that was recommended to stop you seeing inside the sims' head in 1st person? Cos they said that might create lag.

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m getting extreme lag that wasn’t an issue 2 days ago.

Did you apply that configuration fix that was recommended to stop you seeing inside the sims' head in 1st person? Cos they said that might create lag.

No, I haven’t updated the game at all. I’m wondering if a few of the issues are caused by something else since I’m seeing them too.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    does anyone know if the patch fixes the teleporting sims bug? I didn’t see it mentioned in the patch notes, but I’m hoping it was fixed since it’s really annoying. I haven’t updated my game yet because of the aging bug.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    does anyone know if the patch fixes the teleporting sims bug? I didn’t see it mentioned in the patch notes, but I’m hoping it was fixed since it’s really annoying. I haven’t updated my game yet because of the aging bug.

That bug hasn't been fixed either.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Well, it rearranged my sims' order in the UI and it drove me crazy. Spent two hours trying to rearrange them back.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    wrenstales wrote: »
    Hi
    I am having a problem with origin, it says orig login currently unavailable. I have tried following other ea help site but nothing works. I really wanted to update to play and build with new terrains.
    I don't want to reinstall cause of bandwidth.
    Any advice much appreciated

Hello @wrenstales
    Try completely shutting down your computer. Then restart the computer, and try to log into origin then.

I still can't login, it just say origin login currently unavailable. Please help

Hello @wrenstales
    You may need to uninstall and reinstall Origin and see if that helps the issue.

I uninstalled the game, downloaded the latest origin and installed it. My game works fine. Thanks
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hi
    I am having a problem with origin, it says orig login currently unavailable. I have tried following other ea help site but nothing works. I really wanted to update to play and build with new terrains.
    I don't want to reinstall cause of bandwidth.
    Any advice much appreciated

Hello @wrenstales
    Try completely shutting down your computer. Then restart the computer, and try to log into origin then.

I still can't login, it just say origin login currently unavailable. Please help

Hello @wrenstales
    You may need to uninstall and reinstall Origin and see if that helps the issue.

I uninstalled the game, downloaded the latest origin and installed it. My game works fine. Thanks

I am glad that your game is working fine now @wrenstales :)
  • lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I found a bug, and posted about it in the official bugs forums. When I pack a sack lunch for my sims, they will return from work/school early at around the time they would eat the lunch. I've removed all mods/cc. If anyone else is experiencing this, please use this thread on the bug forum or click "me too" if/when that comes available.

So THAT's what happened! I didn't make the connection when my sim came home early from work. I thought maybe I had accidentally called her home from work or something. I don't usually have sims pack their lunches, so not a huge deal for me. :#
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed is that objects/build items on lowers floors don't show. By this I mean when I places stairs or build a loft everything the next floor below is gone. I do see objects flicker in and out when I move the camera but unless I'm looking at the floor below through a window nothing is there. Not sure if if is effecting every build but I did notice it on every multilevel apartment.

I am also unable to place trims on curved cornera and all trims from previous builds are gone on curved corners. Also the flooring on said corners are flat. Normally there is some depth to them but now they are flat.

Edit: I have removed all mods and cc, deleted the cache file, and have repaired my game.

I've had that happen too, but only in a penthouse. Glad it's not just me.
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    So far, my game seems fine. I just wish this "mod friendly" game (as they've hyped countless times) was ACTUALLY mod friendly, and I didn't have to wait for modders to update their stuff. Every month it's the same thing- update and wait for modders to make the game playable again (since it's about as boring as watching paint dry without them). Or better yet, hoping the creators of your favorite mods haven't given up, since this game is NOT mod friendly...
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited November 2018
    Well as expected some problems have come up since I use mods. I updated all script mods but something is still making my game buggy. The file is in my CC traits, aspirations or events folder.
    All of my sims are stuck at work at all times. Like they're home, but have the greyed out little avatar at the bottom and I can't do some things with them cause they're "away".
    I'll work on it later or tomorrow. As long as it's not the original game itself I'm good. :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    Takasden wrote: »
    I was very happy for the patch until I noticed that changing the sims in cas makes them aging up of a few days. :( Plus the auto-lights don't work properly anymore. It's very difficult for me to play like this.

The age thing happened to my sims as well -- I ended up turning off aging. The calendar also had my vampires set to age up at the same time as their now-too-soon toddler did. No clue what will happen when I turn aging back on.

Seems shutting off aging does not help. I keep aging off and did not buy the new ep - and going into CAS any way at all causes my sims to age. Seems if one has the new ep they don't get this problem - but forcing someone to buy an ep not to get a problem with aging is just not right.

ETA - Correction - buying ep does not fix this afterall. It's broke for everyone apparently.

That PLUM stinks!! Thanks for the heads up. Back to TS2 for me until this is fixed. I was looking forward to playing this EP.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I was very happy for the patch until I noticed that changing the sims in cas makes them aging up of a few days. :( Plus the auto-lights don't work properly anymore. It's very difficult for me to play like this.

The age thing happened to my sims as well -- I ended up turning off aging. The calendar also had my vampires set to age up at the same time as their now-too-soon toddler did. No clue what will happen when I turn aging back on.

Seems shutting off aging does not help. I keep aging off and did not buy the new ep - and going into CAS any way at all causes my sims to age. Seems if one has the new ep they don't get this problem - but forcing someone to buy an ep not to get a problem with aging is just not right.

ETA - Correction - buying ep does not fix this afterall. It's broke for everyone apparently.

That PLUM stinks!! Thanks for the heads up. Back to TS2 for me until this is fixed. I was looking forward to playing this EP.

It's not happening in my game. :|
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member

I'll be playing sims 3. They have Showtime and celebrities. Lol.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • damageincracingdamageincracing Posts: 275 Member
    [/quote]That PLUM stinks!! Thanks for the heads up. Back to TS2 for me until this is fixed. I was looking forward to playing this EP. [/quote]

I think it's funny that if you go into "first person mode" with your Sims4 sim and have them play "Sims Forever" or whatever it is on the computer, they're playing Sims2...

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Today is the first day I played any of my sims since the patch, otherwise I have just been playing around with terrain tools. I don’t have mods or cc in my game, but my game has been glitchy; and when sims are greyed because they are work, they are actually still at home and I can’t make them “go to work.” I’ve updated and repaired the game but it’s still buggy.
  • plumbettyplumbetty Posts: 3 New Member
    Is there a MAC workaround for the eyes/teeth in first person camera? I'm hoping it will solve my major lag issue.
  • plumbettyplumbetty Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks, pal!
  • DantyEllaDantyElla Posts: 6 New Member
    besides having to turn my mods back on, my game is constantly crashing with no warning and it seems to be getting worse... lucky if i get 2 mins of play now... and thats regardless of if i play with or without mods....
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    DantyElla wrote: »
    besides having to turn my mods back on, my game is constantly crashing with no warning and it seems to be getting worse... lucky if i get 2 mins of play now... and thats regardless of if i play with or without mods....

Hello @DantyElla
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then test again.

If the issues remain, it would be best to post on the AHQ EA site
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • CelticMuttCelticMutt Posts: 1 New Member
    Vampires seem to be broken, in a different way from the aging issue. The issue is Grand Master rank is broken. I can rank up to GM just fine. I can then fill up the bar exactly once and get the 2 PP just fine. But once it fills again, that's it. The bar stays filled instead of giving you the 2 PP and emptying, leaving you locked and unable to gain anymore PP.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2018
    Never mind
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    They need to fix this CAS aging bug IMMEDIATELY. How the hell are they gonna release a whole Expansion Pack with tons of new clothes that we can't even change out sims into because of this ridiculous bug?

It doesn’t happen if you have get famous installed. It’s only in games without it. Once you install get famous the bug will go away. But they are aware of the bug and I’m sure are working on a fix.

Well, then I'm screwed because I can't buy the pack even after it comes out. Oh well.

Hello
    Crinrict has now posted that it is affecting simmers with the pack also :(
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/my-sims-age-randomly-changes/

Shoot. :'( They really need to start working out the kinks and glitches *before* releasing packs and patches. 'Best not to go into CAS until the bug is fixed'. Sure, what if we don't like how our sims look after they age up? *facepalm*

I’m glad I am reading this thread. I play with aging off. And it is a game breaking bug. They will most likely have a fix for it soon. No use getting the new pack for me till the bug is fixed, because I am going to want to go into CAS and change clothes and hairstyles as soon as I get it... lol. But for the time being, I will stay out of CAS. I am currently working on a building, so I have only gone into build mode. I hope I don’t see any big problems when I go into play mode.... I will keep my sims out of CAS till they have that fixed. By the way, I hope they fix the overlapping festivals with the other neighborhood things in city living and the sale tables from cats in dogs or city living, whichever the sale table came with. I don’t use mods or custom conent, but own all the packs except Get Famous, also plan to get that soon too.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    They need to fix this CAS aging bug IMMEDIATELY. How the hell are they gonna release a whole Expansion Pack with tons of new clothes that we can't even change out sims into because of this ridiculous bug?

It doesn’t happen if you have get famous installed. It’s only in games without it. Once you install get famous the bug will go away. But they are aware of the bug and I’m sure are working on a fix.

Well, then I'm screwed because I can't buy the pack even after it comes out. Oh well.

Hello
    Crinrict has now posted that it is affecting simmers with the pack also :(
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/my-sims-age-randomly-changes/

Shoot. :'( They really need to start working out the kinks and glitches *before* releasing packs and patches. 'Best not to go into CAS until the bug is fixed'. Sure, what if we don't like how our sims look after they age up? *facepalm*

I’m glad I am reading this thread. I play with aging off. And it is a game breaking bug. They will most likely have a fix for it soon. No use getting the new pack for me till the bug is fixed, because I am going to want to go into CAS and change clothes and hairstyles as soon as I get it... lol. But for the time being, I will stay out of CAS. I am currently working on a building, so I have only gone into build mode. I hope I don’t see any big problems when I go into play mode.... I will keep my sims out of CAS till they have that fixed. By the way, I hope they fix the overlapping festivals with the other neighborhood things in city living and the sale tables from cats in dogs or city living, whichever the sale table came with. I don’t use mods or custom conent, but own all the packs except Get Famous, also plan to get that soon too.

I was so excited for the terrain editing but this one really has me spooked for the rest of my gameplay. I almost preordered Get Famous but lucky for me it made no sense due to my work schedule I can't "really" play until after Thanksgiving so I haven't even installed the patch yet. I was really looking forward to a black Friday weekend "Simcation" (wishing for cars in TS4 while avoiding holiday traffic glued to my PC in my PJ's 😁) I'm torn...I can keep playing offline or install the patch and/or GF and just play with all the other features. But knowing me I'll absentmindedly go into cas somewhere along the way. Plus GF makes it so tempting to go into CAS; I really want to make a new actress and actor without starting a save game.
    How's everyone liking the terrain editing? I could possibly be content just to build for a while until it's fixed.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • EblimEblim Posts: 1 New Member
    Mines running better than it was before tbh. But I have a major bug... my bills are nearly 1.3million. I mean... 🐸🐸🐸🐸.