Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims disappeared!

After the patch, some of my sims disappeared from game. I removed my mods folder and every stitch of CC. Started a new game folder and fixed my sim in CAS so they were reset from all CC, and they still didn't show up in game. Other people reported this problem and then some genius narrowed it down to one problem. Any sim who has the Father Winter child trait disappears. Upon hearing this, I realized as well the sims that disappeared from game had this trait. :disappointed:

Comments

• MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Do you still have the save from before you loaded the game up post patch? The official advice seems to be to keep hold of the save until the issue is patched. I'm really sorry you lost your Sim.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    This is not a mod issue, but something else. It happened to one of my sims. The issue is the Father Winter's Baby trait. Sims with this trait will vanish, and it is a bug as a result of the November patch. I was able to save mine in my library until after they fix this issue.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Why do so many people play with Father Winter's offspring, that's wild.
    happyopi wrote: »

Because they get a trait which multiples satisfaction points gained from completing whims.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yeah I know but if so few people actually play with whims that it is now off by default, why so many Father Winter babies ?
    Yeah I know but if so few people actually play with whims that it is now off by default, why so many Father Winter babies ?

Because a lot of players will still play with Whims? Because it's a novelty? Because Simmers love to have their Sims WooHoo with special NPCs? A lot of different reasons, I suppose.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited November 2018
    Do you still have the save from before you loaded the game up post patch? The official advice seems to be to keep hold of the save until the issue is patched. I'm really sorry you lost your Sim.

Yes, I have backups. I learned long ago to save, save, save. I have one hard drive mostly dedicated to sims 4 backup trays, saves and CC. The sims i lost i've had since 2014. I wasn't about to lose them permanently in a patch. I know how EA bugs can be. Though, I was worried about this one until I saw what the problem was. It should be easily fixable.
    edited November 2018

There's no rhyme or reason to use this trait, really. But if you consider I play with a cheat mod that let's you play with more traits and some of my sims have 40+ traits, Father Winters Child trait got forgotten way back in the day.

Now, playing with 40+ traits, that's wild. But it does make for interesting and challenging game play.
    edited November 2018
    Sunirose wrote: »
    There's no rhyme or reason to use this trait, really. But if you consider I play with a cheat mod that let's you play with more traits and some of my sims have 40+ traits, Father Winters Child trait got forgotten way back in the day.

Which mod do you use to play with more traits? I really miss having five base traits like in the Sims 3, three just isn't enough.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
    edited November 2018

Which mod do you use to play with more traits? I really miss having five base traits like in the Sims 3, three just isn't enough.

I use chingyu1023 mod at Mod the Sims. It's called More CAS Traits for Sims Mod. I've tested it with the latest patch and it's still working.

https://modthesims.info/d/591706/more-cas-traits-for-sims-mod.html

A bit of advice though. If you want that mod to work as intended, in the download list there is a mod called Seasons_Add traits in regular menu mod. I point it out because it could be easily missed in the downloads item list. What this mod does is show the add and remove traits in the regular sim menu. And of course you need it to edit traits. So, basically, you need to download 2 mods for this to work. Add traits in regular menu and the mod adjusting how many traits you want to play with.
    Post edited by Sunirose on

I use chingyu1023 mod at Mod the Sims. It's called More CAS Traits for Sims Mod. I've tested it with the latest patch and it's still working.

https://modthesims.info/d/591706/more-cas-traits-for-sims-mod.html

A bit of advice though. If you want that mod to work as intended, in the download list there is a mod called Seasons_Add traits in regular menu mod. I point it out because it could be easily missed in the downloads item list. What this mod does is show the add and remove traits in the regular sim menu. And of course you need it to edit traits.

Thank you so much!
    lgYUYx0.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Your welcome! And have fun with that mod if you get it. Personally, the game is too boring without it.

Oh, one other thing, if you use the MCCC mod. There's a conflict with add more traits and the CAS script in MCCC. What will happen if you use both of those items is all the newborns and newly generated npcs will be born with maxed out traits. The problem with that is the serious lag it could cause, at least in my game. I use MCCC but remove the CAS script so I can play with add more traits.
  • WyattsMommy1211WyattsMommy1211 Posts: 3 New Member
    What do you click on to get the menu to add more traits on the add more traits mods