Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Is Everyone Likiing Get Famous?

So far I am having a blast with it. It has made me laugh so many times watching other sims pass out over celebrities. This pack has so much to do. That being said I don’t like the fact that you can get fame with any job you do like my sim is a politician and he can get fame by protesting anywhere in the neighborhood. I feel like it shouldn’t be that easy to gain fame.
tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    It’s perfectly great!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It is actually pretty cool. I used a VPN so I could play for a bit last night, but only managed to squeeze in two hours as I got way too much stuff to do today at work so I needed me sleep. Anyhoo, personal life stories aside, what I did see was actually pretty cool and in-depth. The world is too small, definitely, no argument there. It drives me a little insane that they didn't take the opportunity to give us more apartment for example. I mean aren't there any apartments in LA? Lol.

But world complaints aside, the gameplay is pretty solid. From what I've seen. After two hours I still only managed to do one audition, haven't even seen the set yet and I'm super excited to visit it tonight! So yes, I think there's plenty to do, the fame system is set up well and actually takes effort. Which is great.

Only things I don't like are, again, world size and that bouncers apparently do not autogenerate on your lots when placing a special door. Not sure why? Oh also, don't give the new lot traits to restaurants. Sims won't sit down to eat anymore, they'll just be taking pics of celebrities. Which I don't like either, at all.

Still, the rest was very fun and I'm looking forward to discovering more of the content tonight as I feel I haven't seen much yet at all. Don't even have a single perk lol.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have only been editing the new world so far. But I am loving all the new items! And I actually like the EA-made mansions, which is very rare for me lol. Usually I can't stand the Lots that come with the game and I am not a fan of huge homes anyway, but I like the way they have done these ones. And gorgeous views from them! I can't wait til I get a rich and famous sim to live there.
  • Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    I was considering waiting to play but I don't know if I can wait. How is the perk system?
  • empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    The expansion pack is really great, and I love the detail. I am definately hyped about more expansions like this, such as hotel managing or nectar making/farming.

I do notice however that since the expansion my sim is constantly getting ill, sometimes up to 2 or 3 times a day! I need to constantly buy medicine for my sim, but at this point it is crazy and nearly not fun anymore! Did anyone experience this? Any possible fix? :( I don't want to start over this household >.<.
    I do notice however that since the expansion my sim is constantly getting ill, sometimes up to 2 or 3 times a day! I need to constantly buy medicine for my sim, but at this point it is crazy and nearly not fun anymore! Did anyone experience this? Any possible fix? :( I don't want to start over this household >.<.
    I actually had that happen before the expansion with one of my sims.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I think that this pack adds a lot of gameplay. Really fun pack!
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited November 2018
    The pack is definitely not shallow as I had first judged it to be. Plenty of gameplay here and lots to do.
    (Also being a passive advocate for the return of Hip-Hop, I love the choice of songs they provided. Especially "IV Jay - Pretty Wings".)
    // take me back to 2018.
  • roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    The only things I wish for is more careers as well as I hoped for the new neighborhood to be at least bigger than what we got but I am really loving the acting career right now. I had my doubts but the pack is pretty fun! Once I saw the perks that you can purchase off fame points, I was really intrigued! It adds a lot more gameplay than I expected.
  • empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 21 Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > empkaileena wrote: »
    >
    > I do notice however that since the expansion my sim is constantly getting ill, sometimes up to 2 or 3 times a day! I need to constantly buy medicine for my sim, but at this point it is crazy and nearly not fun anymore! Did anyone experience this? Any possible fix? :( I don't want to start over this household >.<.
    >
    >
    >
    > I actually had that happen before the expansion with one of my sims.

Did you find any solution to this? Would love to hear...
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm really liking it. I really like the acting career. My Sim already had the connections trait & so she got to start at level 4....which I thought was cool as she had more options for talent agencies. I've only done one acting gig & I really love how detailed that lot is. It just feels so real...especially the set, when the lights dim and the director says 'action'.

I also like the challenge as it relates to celebrities & fame. I spent my entire night playing trying to get my Sim close to Thorne Bailey. & it literally took me hours. My Sim has that perk where you can meet celebrities a bit easier. But I thought this was any celebs. Nope....there's still no instant friendships with anyone that is higher up in fame than your Sim is. & I love how your Sim can gain fame by being friends or dating a celebrity. That's actually my storyline for my Sim....who initially only wanted Thorne so she could increase her fame. She's friends with tons of celebrities now....& my self-absorbed, snobby Sim....is using whoever she can to climb the ladder. Finally level 2 in fame...which took hours.

I'm not thrilled with the world size...but ehh...that's kind of old news now. But so far....loving the pack.
  • mxscimxsci Posts: 4 New Member
    Unfortunately, I can't get it yet because EA hasn't made it available for instant download on Amazon. :/
  • atrainoratrainor Posts: 29 Member
    I haven't actually started any game play yet - I am still having fun building up the two empty lots in the starter neighborhood so that they look like the surrounding homes. I love how the backdrop surrounding homes/lots are are crammed and jumbled together, like in a real city neighborhood. I agree with others who have said that the lots for the starter neighborhood are way too big - to fit into the surroundings, there should be two or three little houses on each lot. So I've been playing around with that and enjoying it. I only wish that they had given us some of the build items we see in those backdrop homes to actually use - the chain link fence, for example.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    It's great... is it just me or does the Bailey/Moon house only have one toilet?
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    I have been hooked on the game. It is a challenge raising the fame up which is good because it was to easy to do in the sims 3. So I like how it is in the sims 4. so into watching everyone freak at the celebs. im playing with 3 sims right now who are all working towards fame. and i love the new acting career. i think its so much fun. probably my favorite active career now. i like how its not manditory to go to work to progress. and that you actually have to try to get the gig first to see if you can perform. and also i love watching everyone in their cool new costumes at work. its just so much fun. it feels like a new game. i wished the world was bigger but its still pretty fun to live in the world. and ive been enjoying making videos and mixing music. its been a lot of fun.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    So far I am having a blast with it. It has made me laugh so many times watching other sims pass out over celebrities. This pack has so much to do. That being said I don’t like the fact that you can get fame with any job you do like my sim is a politician and he can get fame by protesting anywhere in the neighborhood. I feel like it shouldn’t be that easy to gain fame.

I agree, it's been a blast so far and I'm loving how detailed everything is. If you don't want your sim to get fame with every job, have him step out of the spotlight so no fame is earned. It does reset fame to zero, however.

If I misunderstood, and what you meant is that too many specific interactions earn fame, I'd have to disagree. After playing for a while, it's clear that although there are many, many interactions that earn fame, they're not equal. For instance, protesting probably earns a tiny bit of fame (unless the sim is already well-known,) while successfully completing an acting gig can earn a ton. I like how the amount earned varies to keep things balanced.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    It is actually pretty cool. I used a VPN so I could play for a bit last night, but only managed to squeeze in two hours as I got way too much stuff to do today at work so I needed me sleep. Anyhoo, personal life stories aside, what I did see was actually pretty cool and in-depth. The world is too small, definitely, no argument there. It drives me a little insane that they didn't take the opportunity to give us more apartment for example. I mean aren't there any apartments in LA? Lol.

But world complaints aside, the gameplay is pretty solid. From what I've seen. After two hours I still only managed to do one audition, haven't even seen the set yet and I'm super excited to visit it tonight! So yes, I think there's plenty to do, the fame system is set up well and actually takes effort. Which is great.

Only things I don't like are, again, world size and that bouncers apparently do not autogenerate on your lots when placing a special door. Not sure why? Oh also, don't give the new lot traits to restaurants. Sims won't sit down to eat anymore, they'll just be taking pics of celebrities. Which I don't like either, at all.

Still, the rest was very fun and I'm looking forward to discovering more of the content tonight as I feel I haven't seen much yet at all. Don't even have a single perk lol.

Oops. I added the hottest spot in town (or whatever it's called,) to Chez Lama. I'll see how it goes after a visit there. I actually wouldn't mind sims taking pics or being excited, as that's the reason I added the trait in the first place. I just hope that, eventually, the celebs leave or people calm down enough to eat.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

They’ve said since the beginning that all jobs in the game could earn fame. I mean there are such things as famous politicians (maybe not for good reasons but famous nonetheless). And like @IceyJ has mentioned you could always opt out of fame for that particular Sim.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Did you find any solution to this? Would love to hear...
    Not really sure, as I am a rotational player and moved away from that particular household after a few days. She may still be ill or the house switch may have cured her. I just thought I'd mention it cos I don't think it can be from GF.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    edited November 2018
    My sims are all barefoot. :D I removed all my cc shoes and now I'm afraid to go into CAS to change it.

Also my game seems awfully dark. This is DSV around 9:30 AM.

knhKdKK.png
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I really like it, finding it fun so far :D . Do wish though there was more lots for us to play on :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I love GF but the bugs are taking the fun out of the game for me.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Oops. I added the hottest spot in town (or whatever it's called,) to Chez Lama. I'll see how it goes after a visit there. I actually wouldn't mind sims taking pics or being excited, as that's the reason I added the trait in the first place. I just hope that, eventually, the celebs leave or people calm down enough to eat.

Please let me know if you experience the same thing or not. Actually quite curious, as I really would like my Fountainview Diner to have an exclusive VIP area, but not if celebs just keep hanging out at the venue and everyone keeps getting up to photograph or stare at them. :sweat_smile:
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited November 2018
    My sims are all barefoot. :D I removed all my cc shoes and now I'm afraid to go into CAS to change it.

:D:D:D I can't stop laughing!
    I admire your patience. I wouldn't be able to laugh it off so easily if I bought the pack and these things were happening to my Sims straight out of the gate.

Coming to the board and reading the "horror" stories is the best part of a new pack release! :D>:)

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif