Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG EA

Ok What is with the unmatching furniture, I mean seriously, the ep and sp have nothing of value.. they don't even allow you to buy from the store like in sims 3 I really getting tired of wasting my money on this game..... I just downloaded and installed getting Famous, and the furniture sucks!!! nothing matches.. and we have to rely on our lovely cc creators to make stuff for us and pray that it will work with new ep's and sp's.... and omg if they don't and half the time your spending it on trying to find out why your game is giltching..... grr Get it together already and make some decent furniture .....
sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    Huh? I thought the furniture was rather lovely and has quite a lot of numerous swatches and they're in a set that matches. We have the fancy furniture and more mid-century like furniture, which is a really favorite style of mine, but to each ones own. Everyone has different taste.

The mid-century can fit into a lot of homes and then you have the rather boujee look that looks really extravagant and some swatches if you want it to look tacky (I actually really love the tiger and lepoard prints). Which I felt there was lacking for sims that live that rather ritzy life style.

Never bother to use CC furniture usually something always goes wrong with it and majority of it doesn't fit in with the style of sims 4 and looks out of place less you replace everything.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I think there's tons of objects in this one, and some really lovely stuff. But yes also some pompous stuff that won't easily fit with every style. So I do understand if it isn't everyone's jam :/
  • purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    i am talking about the swatches the colors, I can never seem to match the colors to the furniture, it looks so tack at times. and I hate using the same old same old furniture, it is crazy the look of the furniture is great but seriously i liked it better when they let us choose and make our own swatches, when this game came out they advertised that everyone would be able to design and make things it would be easier.... I just see they limited whom can design, there is really no easy way to do it unless you want to download a million things to make one swatch. they don't want us to use cc, or at the least discourage it but they won't add a lot to make up for it.
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2018
    i am talking about the swatches the colors, I can never seem to match the colors to the furniture, it looks so tack at times. and I hate using the same old same old furniture, it is crazy the look of the furniture is great but seriously i liked it better when they let us choose and make our own swatches, when this game came out they advertised that everyone would be able to design and make things it would be easier.... I just see they limited whom can design, there is really no easy way to do it unless you want to download a million things to make one swatch. they don't want us to use cc, or at the least discourage it but they won't add a lot to make up for it.

Why would they not want anyone to use CC? If that was the case no one wouldn't be able to mod out the game to even be able to use it. Seen many people that are content with having quite alot of CC in their game just to tailor to their personal game even in previous games. Same thing with clothes you may want something more to fit your sim.

It's been like 5 years now? With so many multiple packs with clothing and furniture there's definitely not going to be a design tool. (Even with one can't escape most of the earlier furniture that has that boxy look to it and thicker pieces)

With just the base game it was definitely difficult to make any unique rooms with most of the same furniture because they were pretty plain and ugly. Though I always found s3 to have a lacking amount of good furniture and pretty much made up for it with the design tool. Only furniture I thought was decent was high end loft and late night.

Can still understand the frustration, since not all colors are the same though with this set the only other furniture that would match it would be the bowling pack due to a similar style in using other pieces.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Even SimGuruKate plays with CC, so they don't discourage that, or mods. They warn about the potential dangers of mods, but they don't care if you use them.

That being said, I haven't checked out the swatches yet, but I am dying for a color wheel. Not a full-blown CASt, but just a color wheel at least. It can be challenging to match furniture, especially wood colors! So I understand you there. I knew going in to this EP that the fancy furniture was not to my liking, but I will definitely get use out of the other items. :)
    aSE16f8.gif
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    Also, EA has made it easier for us to add mods and CC to the game. In Sims 3 if you wanted to have mods or CC you had to go to a third party to download the file needed to play mods and CC. In Sims 4 they gave us the file.