Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we get to see what is filmed in Get Famous? Movie theatre venue??

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
I spent a lot of time yesterday researching Get Famous and was a little surprised just how much development they put into acting, hollywood, ect as the main focus of this expansion. Yet they seemed to have missed one incredibly simple and yet stupidly important aspect of the movies and becoming a star or "getting famous".

The actual movies. Or movie theatres for that matter. I mean do we actually get to go to the movies or watch your sims on some form of screen after they've made it?

I can't seem to find any info about this. I think it would be really cool to watch our sims after on tv or go to the movies to watch it with other sims.

Plus with all those camera's around in the trailes, do we actually get a camera to film in-game with? Like they've added 1st person camera now, please tell me thats to support a camera so we can make our own movies in-game like in the Sims 3.

This whole question seems kinda of weird actually, because it seems so obvious to an expansion pack about making movies...not to feature a lot where or way Sims can go to watch them. And you know, get famous.

Yet I can't seem to find any sort of theatre in the new town or lot for our sims to visit. For a expansion pack literally focused on film making and getting famous...of which the end result is achieved by people GOING to the movies to watch your actors perform (i'd assume) ....there is...none?

So how do sims get famous if people can't go watch their movies exactly?

Please don't tell me they didn't include this because theres a stuff pack with a giant big screen tv...its not the same as going to a venue designated as a movie theatre. They could have designed a new "screen" just to show your sims perform in movies for example. Plus they could have included new mechanics like going for a date to it or even expanding a new film critic career.

Am I wrong? Is there a new movie theatre venue with this expansion? It seems like a huge oversight not to include for an expansion all about making movies...

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Doubt it was an oversight. Wasn't mentioned in any video I've watched and I've looked at a lot.

If it was possible, its probably have only one or two lack luster angles. A game like 'The Movies' was really fun and you could set up roles, edit the movie, do voice overs, build all sorts of different sets for genres, actors and just about anyone you can give unnecessary plastic surgery as well as go to rehab. I recommend anyone to download this game or but it.

Wasn't expecting anything to the degree of watching movies play out.

I THINK I saw a New very large screen that looked to be like a better looking movie theater flat screen. Forgot which video I saw, but it didn't have that atrocious film grain over it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited November 2018
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Well there are certainly easy ways to make "pre-made movies" and fill them in with your character. Think of all the games like Mass Effect that have pre-rendered cut scenes that EA has made, that basically all play the game but fill them in with your character.

So they could have designed like a couple movies that way for your sim to "appear in". Or they could have simple made a rabbit hole movie venue, where you can check in. Stand on the red carpet for new movies ect. Buy candy, ect. The only difference is the actual movie theatre door inside the venue would be a rabbit hole where your sim disappears into for 2 in-game hours. Its not pretty but at least its something too.

Just seems weird to exclude such an important aspect about the movies, is no movies or places to go watch them lol.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Cinemas were ruled out unfortuanly.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Doubt it was an oversight. Wasn't mentioned in any video I've watched and I've looked at a lot.

If it was possible, its probably have only one or two lack luster angles. A game like 'The Movies' was really fun and you could set up roles, edit the movie, do voice overs, build all sorts of different sets for genres, actors and just about anyone you can give unnecessary plastic surgery as well as go to rehab. I recommend anyone to download this game or but it.

I THINK I saw a New very large screen that looked to be like a better looking movie theater flat screen. Forgot which video I saw, but it didn't have that atrocious film grain over it.

It was the Del Sol Valley/Buy Build Livestream
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

If anything, I would have accepted something along the lines of sim 2 cutscenes making a return much like cutscenes you were speaking about.

Eh, I'm not sure about rabbit holes and going to a venue JUST to go into a rabbit hole? Seems like a waste of a secret lot. Though you can have award ceremonies for your sims to attend that have that lot trait and see if they won anything just no fancy screen showing anything unfortunately. I imagine if something did play its probably be a loop of different sims in movie clips.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    The answer is no, unfortunately.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• flowerceremonyflowerceremony Posts: 17 Member
    That's a bummer! Would have been so cool to set up small outdoor theaters in community lots like parks or to be able to host your own movie screenings for friends, family or fans.
    Does anybody know if we at least get to record our own movies like with the video camera in the Sims 3? Especially with the new point of view camera it seems such an obvious feature to include with this expansion.
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Does anybody know if we at least get to record our own movies like with the video camera in the Sims 3? Especially with the new point of view camera it seems such an obvious feature to include with this expansion.

You can record, but you can’t see it.

Wait...what? Whats the point of recording if you can't view it in some form in or out of game??
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member

Wait...what? Whats the point of recording if you can't view it in some form in or out of game??

IKR? 😒
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member

When you record in game with it creates a file for you to watch or edit in the game files. I think they meant you cant watch your recording in game

When you record in game with it creates a file for you to watch or edit in the game files. I think they meant you cant watch your recording in game

Yes it's sad. It's like the photo studio that doesn't have an npc attached to it.

Are you talking about with the drone and the stream desk because that's what I was talking about and I don't think that's true. Unless you're talking about the in game recorder which I am not.

• NoIdeaNoIdea Posts: 15 Member
    At least it's possible to approximate a movie theater. I like the idea of a famous actor having one at home to terrorize guests with having to watch all their movies. Look at me ! Look at me ! Aren't I brilliant ?!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Sadly, we will have to 'play pretend' once again that we can watch our own movies in our own imagined movie theatres instead of being given the actual things to work with.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2018
    It'd have been cool if they gave Sims a VHS tape of their acting after every completed movie that you could watch at home like they did with Generations and that recording camera. Or at least when you watch a movie on TV it'd feature new scenes taken from Get Famous.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    In Sims 2 you were able set it up (by placing the video file in a specific location) so that a video of your choice could play on the sim's TVs. I don't know that this option is available for Sims 4 :neutral:

But you can do Sims 4 machinima - record in-game footage. Just don't think you can view it in game.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    It'd have been cool if they gave Sims a VHS tape of their acting after every completed movie that you could watch at home like they did with Generations and that recording camera. Or at least when you watch a movie on TV it'd feature new scenes taken from Get Famous.

Is VHS still a thing?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png