Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Introducing The Sims 4 Get Famous

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    No luck getting it to download and it is past midnight here in TX. My WiFi crashed 3 times in a row before midnight. I wonder if that has something to do with the download not working yet.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I've seen on @catloverplayer thread for the release that pre-order get it an hour before everyone else? 11pm rather than midnight
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Feeling like a target comercial, open open open, wonder if its midnight pacific time or in your location.

I think that comes from Mervins.
  • DaisyBabes123DaisyBabes123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know what time the game is set to be released in the UK? It says in my game library that I've 'unlocked' the content but says nothing about downloading yet? :#
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Does anyone know what time the game is set to be released in the UK? It says in my game library that I've 'unlocked' the content but says nothing about downloading yet? :#

Hello @DaisyBabes123
    This countdown clock may help you
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/11/01/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-get-famous/
  • KateAngel71KateAngel71 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can't wait Haha! But on origin it says it is coming out today (15th nov) but everywhere else it is saying its coming out on the 16th nov. So when is it actually coming out and what time?
  • AandasmumAandasmum Posts: 46 Member
    I can't wait Haha! But on origin it says it is coming out today (15th nov) but everywhere else it is saying its coming out on the 16th nov. So when is it actually coming out and what time?

its confused me as well as i can see on origin library that is says 15th but the countdown clock thing says 16th and its just over 14 hours for europes release
  • OnyxOmiOnyxOmi Posts: 2 New Member
    I am excited and cannot wait to play this expansion. The Influencer career sounds really interesting!
  • Bones_99Bones_99 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @drakharis said:
    > Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do.

sims said that they are updating it so that the mods algorithm with have to change on the mods or remove them if not they wont work
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    Definitely going to grab this expansion tomorrow.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Me too! I plan to get to the store in the morning, then I'll have it when I go straight to work after that!
  • So excited! I want to get it as soon as I can!
    v3mcW4b.jpg
    O _ O
  • HarryJacko10HarryJacko10 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm so excited to get this pack really soon, I haven't actually order it YET because I have entered some of the giveaways on Twitter and YouTube, a couple of them and hoping to see If I do win or not, if not, I will be ordering it straight away. I'm so excited to try these new features and the acting career, the new world and the world are just... what can I say? 😱😍

STUNNING! It's so detailed, I loved how they did with it, no matter how small the world is, it's still amazing!
    I hope you all are having a fabulous time playing the new expansion pack and HAPPY SIMMING! :smile:
    45175002624_2935fd76c6_b.jpg
  • SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @DaisyBabes123
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/11/01/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-get-famous/

Thank you! I wasn't sure if it meant Thuraday night one minute after 11:59 or Friday night, but it says 5 hours, so that would be tonight. 😁 I had a really bad crash last month & spent many hours on the phone with EA & more hours with an EA agent the next day on chat. I was told I would get 15% off my next pack. I mostly purchase through Origin & sometimes Amazon. Would my discount be in my origin area? Do you know? Thank you!

• pkstracypkstracy Posts: 12 New Member
    So when will it be available being told the 15th since I preordered, then being told the 16th in my game it says download to play but can't download, grrr, was all set to play it today
  • SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    SimCher wrote: »

Hello @DaisyBabes123

Thank you! I wasn't sure if it meant Thuraday night one minute after 11:59 or Friday night, but it says 5 hours, so that would be tonight. 😁 I had a really bad crash last month & spent many hours on the phone with EA & more hours with an EA agent the next day on chat. I was told I would get 15% off my next pack. I mostly purchase through Origin & sometimes Amazon. Would my discount be in my origin area? Do you know? Thank you!

@rosemow I found the discount in my email. Thanks for the info.
    edited November 2018

Hello @DaisyBabes123

@rosemow I found the discount in my email. Thanks for the info.

I am glad that you found the discount in your email @SimCher . I am sorry though that you had the bad crash last month :( and needed to spend many hours on the phone and in live chat with EA.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    @rosemow I am trying to delete 3 cc items from my mods folder and it's not allowing me to delete them. They are all from the same creator and I have moved all the other cc into another place as I was going to gradually put it back into the game after the new update and expansion, but I can't delete them. Can you help please.

@rosemow I am trying to delete 3 cc items from my mods folder and it's not allowing me to delete them. They are all from the same creator and I have moved all the other cc into another place as I was going to gradually put it back into the game after the new update and expansion, but I can't delete them. Can you help please.

Hello @Jendowoz0612
    Can you cut /paste the cc files from the mods folder and place them in another part of your computer?
  • Molly1996Molly1996 Posts: 24 Member
    > @lazyjuniper said:
    > amazing news <3
    >
    > throw money interaction(?):
    >
    >
    >
    > New death of excitement confirmed? New trait for a very dedicated fan?
    > she is the only one who acting that crazy and i love this animation
    >
    >
    >
    > reminder that Vampires is the best pack
    >
    >
    >
    > limo
    > there are no cars, then HOW will it work?
    >
    >
    >
    > Commercial; old-fashioned dress. Are filming setup and scenario can be customized?
    >
    >
    >
    > different sims assigned for make up and costumes
    > they are not playable, aren't they?
    >
    >
    >
    > assistant or director?
    >
    >
    >
    > lot of busy sims on stage; they are not playable, aren't they?
    > how big is actualy filming process? stunts? can sims write scenario?
    >
    >
    >
    > wait, are they filming Fallout?
    >
    >
    > bad reputation? any impact on occults?
    > bands? drums?
    >
    > Sorry for my English

I really like these questions
    At first I was really disappointed because it's really obvious that Sims 4 is trying to milk avid players for as much money as fathomable possible. I miss the days where Sims 3 expansion pack had so much to explore it genuinely sometimes never discovered everything. Now I feel like they work less on them so they can churn out more. and the stuff packs? Just don't even get me started. I think splitting up game packs and the expansion pack was one of the most greedy things they could have done...

All that being said I literally have all the expansion packs and the game packs because I love the game so much. At first I was like come on, you're giving us one career. But I think the way they have intregated it with the town is really interesting, like the talent agency and the perks system like a vampire. But truthfully they got me with the costumes :blush:
    > @drakharis said:
    > Is it going to break the game as Seasons did? Sorry but it's definitely something I would want to know. It took over a month to makes Sims 4 playable without mods after the initial update for Seasons. Just hoping the fame pack isn't as bad. From the sound of it, it would be a pack I would consider getting right away which I hardly ever do.

The same thing happened to me, the calander wouldnt open and i had to delete all my mods more than once. and im like sims if you would give me more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 careers.... I Wouldnt have to download them off the internet. But eventually it worked and I could at least put basemental drugs back in. my favorite one. I am doing the same thing with this one.

Hello @Jendowoz0612
    Can you cut /paste the cc files from the mods folder and place them in another part of your computer?

I'll give that a try, thanks, @rosemow

Hi @rosemow, no. I can copy/paste and then delete but not cut/paste. Something is not right. I tried opening the remaining 2 items in S4S and that didn't work either.

edited November 2018
    Hi @rosemow, no. I can copy/paste and then delete but not cut/paste. Something is not right. I tried opening the remaining 2 items in S4S and that didn't work either.

Try moving your whole mods folder to another place on your computer @Jendowoz0612 When you next load your game a new mods folder will then be generated with those cc items not in it.