Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Would Make TS4 Better?

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    For me the game is awsome but i still think it could be improved, here are some of my ideas. Please do share yours!! :heart:

Free The Babies!!!
    Like TS3 Basically :joy:

More Romance
    Like holding hands,
    Holding waists
    Laying on bed cuddling,
    Kissing Booths(Teens)
    Spin The Bottle(Teens)
    A Kiss that is just a peck, i don't want my kids seeing the current 'Kiss' interaction :joy:

Real Looking Families
    Being able to go to the park and walk around like a family, not some group of strangers.
    Make sure the parents watch the little kids.
    Hold hands.
    When at home they go and check on each other and do things together. E.g a son could go tell his mum hes off to school not just walk out the house.
    Have sibling fights that make them closer.
    More emotion, e.g a mum is having a hard time with relationships and the kids could be tense from watching parents fight. Or when a toddler grows up the kids could have a moodlet from watching his sibling grow up. They could be proud of each other, like when a toddler masters the potty skill the other kids could be proud. When the parents get a promotion they could be proud of each other and the kids could be happy to see their parents happy.

Are you ready for me to add to our list of demands, lol?

I agree with everything you want.

I want the colour wheel, spiral stairs, ladders, cute tubes (like what we got in Back To The Future Expansion Pack in Sims 3) Working elevators for residential and non-residential areas not just to get to our apartment. (Yes there is a mod for that but it would be nice to have it as a real option. More content for the money we pay

I want more traits, career options, skills and aspirations for my sims. I have like all the extras for both Sims 2 and 3 even when I played base game with both versions I didn't feel the need for CC and mods. Still, don't.

I want more things for our kids to do. I play legacies in 2 and 3 because the kids are fun to have in the household with more options for them. I want to have more social interactions for them including very mild romance among each other. Hugging kissing on the cheek, holding hands, eating lunch together, playhouse, pretend marriage, promise rings etc. cute stuff like that and playing tag, gushing over a crush with family and friends. Asking older sibling for advice about a crush or just advice on anything and depending on the sibling's traits the advice that is given would vary. For example, Alexander Goth is asking for advice from Cassandra vs Max Villareal asking Hugo or Luna for advice. Each kid's sibling/s would respond differently. Playing upon each other established traits.

Better interactions for both good and evil.

Better social interactions and more choices for social interactions. With each trait, there should be interactions unique to that trait. For example. Evil Sim has a dastardly introduction. Choice of evil things to say or do to another sim they are interacting with. Same holds true for a good sim. A good sim, for example, being able to better tell another sim is tense and with a high enough charisma has ease troubles. Evil Sim would have the incite to riot or make another sim do something bad social interaction or puppet master with a high enough charisma against someone with a lower charisma level. History has taught us that some of the most vile leaders were quite charismatic enough to pull the stings of the the populace that had become nothing more than fearful lil puppets. An evil sim having master of puppets as an aspiration. For a good sim have an Aspiration Fight for What's Right Always Do the Right Thing as good aspirations there really aren't aspirations for good sims but ones for defiant catagory for both mean and or evil sims.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    More teenage-like teens, like in the Sims 2 (maybe shorter, and with different clothing options)
    University
    More traits
    More jobs
    Less moodlets from nicely decorated houses (well, maybe not like less, but ones that don't override negative moodlets)

Most of the stuff on the OPs list is good, especially the real looking families stuff, though I am not sure about the free babies thing (I never played the Sims 3, long story).
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    -More Bug Fixes

-Free the babies

-More fleshed out life stages

-Memories or better sim reaction AI (sims having more actual awareness) to events happening around the Sims

-More various interactions (without needing objects) and more romantic interactions
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Likes, Dislikes, Turn-Ons and Turn-Offs.
    Memories.
    Sims 2-Style Genetics.
    More things for Elders.
    MORE SUPERNATURAL CONTENT.
    Scared Emotion.
    Burglars. Some form of active criminal career.

I honestly don't care at all about babies. I age them up asap. I think most people do.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    In regards to bug fixes and glitches, please, please, please report them on AHQ. If EA/Maxis does not know about it, have saved games to recreate the issues with, or know newer computer specs, there will not be any fixes. The Devs do look in on the forums, but more to see what ideas people have and not what needs to be fixed.

EA made the choice to have all gameplay issues for ALL of their games in one place. Even if an issue has been marked as fixed, if you are still having the issue please post, give specific examples (screen shots, saved games if asked), give as much details about when the bug occurs, if you use Mods/CC and when if possible the bug started occurring (after last patch, since last content released).

(Sorry to digress from the original post now back on topic).

I have to agree with many of the great suggestions here about making the sims have more personality (memories like Sims 2, traits, turn ons/offs, zodiac signs). I do agree there should be more distinction between teens and Young adults. Their "emotion" system needs a fine tuning as well.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    A complete overhaul of the trait and emotional system. The core should be tweaked to stop the overlapping and reduce the happy. A more strategic outlook on how to handle these Sims would be a better system in my opinion. They can add anything and everything but until they over haul the trait and emotional system it is still just the base with fluff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    mm, if i had to choose, maybe have the sims more detailed? Maybe we could re-add turn-on and turn-offs, favourite food/colour/music? Or maybe enable sims to have allergies or disabilities that could be passed down to their future offspring? The current traits make the sims 2 dimensional tbh, i'm getting bored of just going to the streets and finding a random sim on the street to be a soul-mate :l i want a challenge

Really miss favorite food, color and music.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    It seems like no matter what traits you pick, sims personalities are almost always the same? If I have an evil sim, I shouldn't randomly be hugging family members almost every 6 or so minutes. They need more personality and this game needs more drama in general. Dare I say it but TS4 really borders on being boring, especially when compared with Sims 2.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    @Leahmiller2006: Can you please provide a link to your thread so that I can have a look and support it?

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @83bienchen - If you click on Leah's name/avatar, you'll go to her page, and then you can click on 'discussions.' You should be able to find her thread there. :smile:
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    Thanks, @Tiarella.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Occults! Occults! Occults!
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    I wo
    For me the game is awsome but i still think it could be improved, here are some of my ideas. Please do share yours!! :heart:

Free The Babies!!!
    Like TS3 Basically :joy:

More Romance
    Like holding hands,
    Holding waists
    Laying on bed cuddling,
    Kissing Booths(Teens)
    Spin The Bottle(Teens)
    A Kiss that is just a peck, i don't want my kids seeing the current 'Kiss' interaction :joy:

Real Looking Families
    Being able to go to the park and walk around like a family, not some group of strangers.
    Make sure the parents watch the little kids.
    Hold hands.
    When at home they go and check on each other and do things together. E.g a son could go tell his mum hes off to school not just walk out the house.
    Have sibling fights that make them closer.
    More emotion, e.g a mum is having a hard time with relationships and the kids could be tense from watching parents fight. Or when a toddler grows up the kids could have a moodlet from watching his sibling grow up. They could be proud of each other, like when a toddler masters the potty skill the other kids could be proud. When the parents get a promotion they could be proud of each other and the kids could be happy to see their parents happy.

Perfect list. I would love to have all of these, especially the teen stuff. They're so boring right now.

Thank you :smile:
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Thanks, @Tiarella.
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @Leahmiller2006: Can you please provide a link to your thread so that I can have a look and support it?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940000/bring-back-create-a-design#latest
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Better personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    More consequences, especially in relationship to traits; memories, and better whims.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    More lots.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    personalities.

I can live without open neighborhoods, I can put off with no colorwheel, I can pretend that my babies are not objects, I look another direction when sims faze in and out of elevators and in and out of a lot.

but I cannot ignore that all my sims act the same, because I cannot play The Sims without Sims.
  • simmysimsim123simmysimsim123 Posts: 43 Member
    More CAS traits, broader range of careers, the ability to leave the TV on even when sims aren't watching (maybe that's just me), mainly minor details lol
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If m sims are angry at another sim, then they should stay angry at that sim. Nothing worse than rotating to see those sims hugging in public and getting along after you've worked to make them enemies! I do believe that's what they implied emotions in the game would do?

I need more personality diversity in my sims. They all play out exactly the same no matter what trait you give them. They just "get tense" about different things. ( except being around their bitter enemies) So I guess that means the traits need an overhaul. Or the emotions need an overhaul.
  • lonestarranger01lonestarranger01 Posts: 60 Member
    1. More careers. There is definitely far to few careers considering how long this game has been out now.
    2. The randomness of previous iterations. One of the reasons I fell in love with the sims game was the spontaneous events that could happen.
    “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” –The Goblet of Fire
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    More romantic interactions, slow dancing, burglars, and firefighters. Preferably in free content updates because 1. I don't want them to be exclusive to any one EP/GP/SP and 2. they're small enough features to warrant being in free content. They don't have to all be in the same free content update but I would like at least one of these in one.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Basically, better personalities for the Sims, plus, anything that provides the players options to make the game their own.

You rule!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Basically, improving the sims.

Better personalities with more distinctive and in depth personality traits. A better or even no (because it doesn't work well) emotion system. Maybe they should let us, the players, control more. I get what they tried to do but I feel like if they just gave us the tools to create the perfect personalities and set the likes and dislikes for our sims that there's not really a need for something like the emotion system that this game has.

It reminds me of the attraction system but worse since unlike the attraction system the emotion system seems to be barely influenced at all by personality traits but instead overruns them. The sims and therefore the game in general is almost all emotion based and while they may flip a lot it always leans towards happy.

But then, even if they fix that to make the game better, the sims still need more improvement. Like letting babies loose, having better differentiation with sims teen and up, the other life stages need almost or just as much attention as toddlers had to feel fleshed out. Sims that are actually smarter and that multitask better. More meaningful interactions and consequences which now that I think about it might come easier with sims actually having different personalities.

I also think more occult sims would be nice to give us more variety with sims. I wouldn't mind seeing favorites, turn ons/turn offs, fears and the personality points linked with the zodiac signs making a return either. That with personality traits is like my dream in CAS along with setting skills, more relation options and more but back to making Sims 4 better.

Just improve and even advance the sims themselves. There's no game without them and all their different personalities and just like in real life isn't it boring when everyone acts the same?
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    more realism and lest fantasy like more furniture for homes and make the game fit each players way of life and game play sure super natural can be in the game but with an option to turn them off for players that would not went to play witches or vampires
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(