Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last bug experienced

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    ab92xo wrote: »
    Seriously had it with this game... I haven't played for a while because I was sick of the lag. Attempted to try again today, spent over 2 hours building then the game suddenly freezes. I wasn't too worried because I had saved about 10 mins before it froze. Loaded the game again and my save file isn't even there!

Xbox or PS4 Version?
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    So, I placed an item (holiday tree), and then realizing there would not be enough movement for the Sim to get to the other side of the bed, extended the house itself one block. In doing so, the tree "deleted" itself. Undoing the action did not get me the tree back, only reversing the extension of the home. Also, trying to place a new tree in the same spot is suddenly impossible. There is something in the way. My deduction is that there is an invisible tree there.
    edited November 2018
    I've had the following bugs occur since installing Seasons.

Buydebug isn't working though that might be my fault. I might not have enabled testingcheats first.

Kiss In The Rain Interaction doesn't give a moodlet for smooching in bad weather. It does on PC.

Both these bugs are from the PC Version and went to the Consoles.
    When Sim A ask Sim B to swing together with her she freezes in place and has to be reset.

Leaf Pile Woohoo is cancelling out on community lots. It isn't possible. It's also cancelling out on your sims home lot.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ab92xoab92xo Posts: 38 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-16826305"][quote="ab92xo;c-16816642"]Seriously had it with this game... I haven't played for a while because I was sick of the lag. Attempted to try again today, spent over 2 hours building then the game suddenly freezes. I wasn't too worried because I had saved about 10 mins before it froze. Loaded the game again and my save file isn't even there![/quote]

Xbox or PS4 Version?[/quote]

Xbox
    Playing with 2 sims: one finished their meal and was then queued to go shower and use the toilet. Upon reaching bathroom, items in queue disappeared, so I redid the actions. They did not show up. After a few more clicks, it said the queue was full for the other sim. After canceling all bathroom actions that had somehow appeared for that character, the first one was able to shower. However, the second walked in to wash her dish with no repercussions. The two are not romantically involved.
  • ShayxSimsShayxSims Posts: 4 New Member
    My child sim can’t trick or treat at all; at first I thought I was doing it wrong but I googled it and whenever I try to click on a house it doesn’t show the option to trick or treat; I feel like waiting until the next patch to play as my family because I don’t want my child sim to be sad that he didn’t trick or treat.
  • CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    The bugs in this new pack are crazy! My sim lost all his muscle definition and it says he's still at work so he doesn't take care of himself. I can't get to level three of celebrity status even though I've been doing job after job. I also couldn't marry my fiancé because the game thought I worked for the sim I was trying to marry.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ShayxSims wrote: »
    My child sim can’t trick or treat at all; at first I thought I was doing it wrong but I googled it and whenever I try to click on a house it doesn’t show the option to trick or treat; I feel like waiting until the next patch to play as my family because I don’t want my child sim to be sad that he didn’t trick or treat.

Our Sims kids cannot trick or treat - all they can do is give out candy to trick or treaters that come to their house. It is not a bug - the devs made it that way. If your sims kids give out candy they won't be sad I am told.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    > @xoxoajboohxoxo13 said:
    > The bugs in this new pack are crazy! My sim lost all his muscle definition and it says he's still at work so he doesn't take care of himself. I can't get to level three of celebrity status even though I've been doing job after job. I also couldn't marry my fiancé because the game thought I worked for the sim I was trying to marry.

Weirdly enough, what fixed both he muscle and stuck bug was asking my sim on a date. I had to cheat with fullcasmode to marry them.
    The bugs in this new pack are crazy! My sim lost all his muscle definition and it says he's still at work so he doesn't take care of himself. I can't get to level three of celebrity status even though I've been doing job after job. I also couldn't marry my fiancé because the game thought I worked for the sim I was trying to marry.

I think you are playing the pc version since you are talking about the celebrity stats. This is the console forum.
    Trying to take a stack of four chrysanthemums out to plant one at a time in a planter during Summer. Unlike other plants, this flower decides to just place itself on top of the graphics, immobile to all actions. Only temporary solution is go into to build mode to have the stack go back into the inventory instead of showing a random flower with the number "4" sticking in the middle of my lot. Repeated attempts to plant have resulted in same result, but using sweet peas and plantains were successful (both were stacks as well).
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Just this morning I had 2 bugs:

1. When loading a save and/or traveling from destinations a notice would come up saying some CAS things were removed because I didnt have all packs on my ps4 or they weren't installed. However, it's just the opposite. I have all packs thus far and they are all installed.
    2. When going on a date I only get to doing 3 interactions( flirt with your date 3x) and then all of a sudden he date is over and it's unsuccessful. Idk if this is because Patchy is the one on the date or just a bug from new EP. Little dissapointing since his sspiration is to be a serial romantic and the poor guy can't even get a successful date in lol.
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    I recently started playing the sims 4 again after taking a break for awhile only to find out that the same problems that made me quit playing in the first place are still in the game. Those problems are my sims taking forever before starting a task, and just not doing them which forces me to cancel the task. It seems like they’re too focused on launching the next expansion or game pack that fixing game breaking problems in the game become an afterthought. I stopped playing for months because of these problems, it’s nice to see the console version is getting as much love as the console version of the sims 3 did
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    The other night I moved a family from a small 20x15 lot to a villa on a 64x64 lot and there have been times where the clock pauses, goes forward, stops, goes back and the Sims start stand there. One of them was in the middle of making dinner and she was just standing there, looking at the cutting board wondering "What do I do with this?"
    2quwd7.gif

• CanISimNowCanISimNow Posts: 9 New Member
    I’ve been building and just this evening I’m noticing fences disappearing. If I try to rebuild where it’s missing, it still doesn’t show up. If I undo my previous actions, and try to build them from scratch, those sections still don’t show up. Grrr I’m getting so mad!
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    CanISimNow wrote: »
    I’ve been building and just this evening I’m noticing fences disappearing. If I try to rebuild where it’s missing, it still doesn’t show up. If I undo my previous actions, and try to build them from scratch, those sections still don’t show up. Grrr I’m getting so mad!

Yeah I've had this glitch before. I think pc players have gotten it too. Basically the fence is still there, you just can't see it ,a rendering problem maybe? Try going back to manage worlds then back to building. Fence should show back up.
  • CanISimNowCanISimNow Posts: 9 New Member
    > @animevamp said:
    > CanISimNow wrote: »
    >
    > I’ve been building and just this evening I’m noticing fences disappearing. If I try to rebuild where it’s missing, it still doesn’t show up. If I undo my previous actions, and try to build them from scratch, those sections still don’t show up. Grrr I’m getting so mad!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah I've had this glitch before. I think pc players have gotten it too. Basically the fence is still there, you just can't see it ,a rendering problem maybe? Try going back to manage worlds then back to building. Fence should show back up.

I’ve tried exiting without saving twice now and it doesn’t make a difference. If I try to draw a fence there I’m told that I can’t put a fence where there’s a gate. The gate is, of course, invisible, so it’s not as if I can just grab it to delete it.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    Then try saving and exiting the game completely. That'll probably work. If not the only other thing I can think of is restarting your console. Sorry I can't be anymore help.
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    My sim started freezing for a long period of time recently. I tried doing the reset sim “cheat” but apparently I’m doing it wrong because each time I’ve tried, nothin*happens. Every new game I start, a new problem occurs! I love ea 😒
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    No matter how many drawings I do I can't complete the Artistic Prodigy challenge. Stuck on 4/5 drawings and I've drawn each picture 5 times. I have level 10 creativity and I've unlocked all the drawings. I guess my poor kid is just doomed to a life of never being able to reach her final goals.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top