Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Read The Patch Notes?

Just wondering. There are always a lot of questions and alleged issues that are answered in the patch notes.

Do You Read The Patch Notes? 209 votes

Yes, I read them.
85%
Akl500PIngeJonesLianuh1104icmnfrshwindweaverTheStarHermitJaiSeaGalacticGalLaBlue0314PinkPaws66IrishSimmer21jeepjeepcatIceyJCrazyboutTheSimsBlkBarbiegalLaceyroseAlexaiColorist40AyradyssMjstsmP 179 votes
Sometimes I read them.
7%
tinahjalmarSimmervillealyssasim87KirbySkywalkerduhboy2u2eizelbyLilyParkerorangehippogriffTrashmagicsimmer4life3MiguelDiogoGoofhead2rinre33Elle_AnneDianesimserimurphey 16 votes
I just skim them
4%
SchantalemorrillKiaraSims4ModsBlueSeaWavescatmando830DeKaycharlesbergAshtontoAshton22LinzzNorthDakotaGamer 10 votes
No, I don't read them.
1%
Bagoas77Princess_07xBerryCharming 3 votes
Other. Comment below.
0%
simgirl1010 1 vote

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    Other. Comment below.
    I eventually get around to reading all the patch notes. Usually I start out just skimming and will return later to thoroughly read them.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I always read them, even sections for pack I don’t have.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes, I read them.
    I read them in their entirety, usually before I start playing after the patch.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Sometimes I read them.
    I normally read them if I plan to install the patch. But lately I've been busy with a film project and not wanting to change anything until I'm done. My game runs well, so I'd be silly to install anything right now.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    For patch notes they're really well written, and they contain a lot of pertinent info. I'm glad someone takes the time to make the little jokes and stuff, otherwise they'd be very dry.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I do not update my game before having read the patchnotes.
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Yes I read them all (not that I remember everything listed if it's a large patch), usually while the game is updating, then load up the game afterwards. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,490 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Yes, I do read them. I even enjoy the humor employed in the run down of the changes. Makes it bearable, otherwise they'd be a pretty dry read. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Yes I always read them. Unfortunately I don't retain all the info with one read lol... Usually the stuff I wanted sticks out for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Besides seeing what got patched in, the notes are so funny. Some of the small things makes me happy such as the table settings will not disappear anymore. I’m like yes! I really love that cute feature in game.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I install all patches, but also like reading the patch notes. If I've only skimmed through them for the first time, I will return to them later.
  • NoIdeaNoIdea Posts: 15 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    The patch notes are quite funny, so I read them. And then there are some bugs where I want to know if they're fixed.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I always fully read the patch notes for every game I play. Otherwise I would probably be oblivious to a lot of changes. :D
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Sometimes I read them.
    For big updates like this I definitely read them, otherwise I'll skim.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I'm always excited to read about a bugfix of a problem that has been, well, bugging me for a while.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Of course, because the detective career is still broken after two years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Sort of comes with the 'job description' but yeah, I love reading patch notes.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I just skim them
    I check for bug fixes, as that is the only information I find important. Not really into their attempt at comedy within them though.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I always read them. Usually while I'm downloading the patch.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I always read them.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    I look forward to reading the patch notes. I generally start the patch download and read while it installs.
    a63ftuN.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Absolutely. I wish everyone did the same. It does get irritating seeing repeat questions about things that are explained in the notes.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Cupid wrote: »
    Absolutely. I wish everyone did the same. It does get irritating seeing repeat questions about things that are explained in the notes.

Agreed. I always, always read them just as I would patch or update notes for any other piece of software.
  • AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    Yes, I read them.
    Every single time. I want to know what, if any, bugs are fixed and I like the commentary! I know it annoys some of you, but I think their jokes are funny.