Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited November 2018
    Jortayc wrote: »
    Guys I NEED HELP! D: I just got a new MacBook and installed the newest version of MC Command Center onto Sims 4 but it’s not showing up in-game! Here’s some info:
    I have all expansions and packs except for the new Get Famous expansion.
    I have the newest Origin game update.
    When I open Sims 4 settings and click “View custom content” all MC stuff is listed as it should be.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and followed multiple tutorials on it.
    The version of MC is 5.2.0 from his patreon.

Please help this is driving me nuts!

Thanks,
    Jordan

First thing I think of:
    y4mTp5srgDRkxohFpm1TX8llaJKLWJsVWDMeKDUJD8t4xtEfZkIKtHvqDl99JoFvQVCF4xN_28uaAkuQGsvBdVUhm9FzGLVwD6qDUHStNg0vX8en97cekqJsMJtjB8afCQnmRYlx1lWpFXe7pg4ZZjPgcGkYaW5cF3PhdkVWfpAGPJEoIcJg9yHk7fHE4C3G9gOPBeBRkSAUbY0uqp-sAGBmg?width=516&height=389&cropmode=none

If they are enabled just as the picture shows and still nothing happens, try our MCCC troubleshooting wizard:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/troubleshooting

If It still doesn't work afterwards, tell me.

@luthienrising Thanks :heart:
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Given what deaderpool said about the changes to story progression, is anyone experiencing issues with relationship culling?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Given what deaderpool said about the changes to story progression, is anyone experiencing issues with relationship culling?

I had problems with relationship culling before the patch (which I haven't installed yet) even though I had MCCC set to No Relationship Culling.
    It simply hasn't been working, and I've had to reintroduce sims to each other constantly.
    Everything else seems to be working fine, as far as MCCC goes.
    I've actually changed the setting now to EA culling, but haven't had a chance to play much to see if it makes a difference.
  • Options
    MC Command Center Hotfix 5.2.3 is out!

This hotfix for MCCC includes the 3.7 Python script upgrade and changes to make it load correctly with EA's Get Famous update, PC 1.47.49.1020 / Mac 1.47.49.1220.

Included in this hotfix specifically are:
    • Fixed notifications MCCC uses to display setting change messages and such. It made it look like settings weren’t working, but they always were, just the notification about the change being made was causing an error.
    • Fixed an issue with the dialog for picking Sims which had an additional parameter added in this update so it caused an error when it was accessed by MCCC. The dialog was used in various places including picking a Sim for an NPC Sim to become pregnant with. Any command in MCCC that displayed a dialog for choosing a Sim would have gotten an error before this fix.
    • Fixed the "Change Personality Traits" dialog to no longer cause an error.
    • Fixed the "Set Favorite Drink" dialog to no longer cause an error.
    • Fixed the notification message displayed when Sims are adopted to no longer cause an error.
    • Implemented fixes to the pregnancy tracking system so "Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies", "Manual Renaming of NPC babies" will now work. I think EA's new implementation for pregnancy will also allow pet pregnancies to work correctly.

Known issues with MCCC and the current version of Sims 4 after the update:
    • EA has changed the way that story progressions are handled. It’s possible that culling may fall-through the bypasses that MCCC had in-place previously.
    • There is a bug in Sims 4 itself (not MCCC) with aging that happens when going into CAS with a Sim and then exiting back to the lot. This is documented on their official site here.
    • To my knowledge, this is all of the known MCCC issues at this point. If more show-up, then another hotfix may come out later.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-5-2-3-22717213 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

An installation guide can be found here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

If you're experiencing problems with the installation, look into the troubleshooting guide:

Find the FAQ and the answers to fix your MCCC related issues here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • Options
    Susim62 wrote: »

I had problems with relationship culling before the patch (which I haven't installed yet) even though I had MCCC set to No Relationship Culling.
    It simply hasn't been working, and I've had to reintroduce sims to each other constantly.
    Everything else seems to be working fine, as far as MCCC goes.
    I've actually changed the setting now to EA culling, but haven't had a chance to play much to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks. :)

I don't get why they made changes to story progression. I've been lucky; I bypass relationship culling and set friendship decay and romantic decay to zero and haven't had any issues, but with the new patch, despite MCCC being updated deaderpool's comments make me wonder if there will be culling or decay, despite the settings I choose.
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »
    MC Command Center Hotfix 5.2.3 is out!

This hotfix for MCCC includes the 3.7 Python script upgrade and changes to make it load correctly with EA's Get Famous update, PC 1.47.49.1020 / Mac 1.47.49.1220.

Included in this hotfix specifically are:
    • Fixed notifications MCCC uses to display setting change messages and such. It made it look like settings weren’t working, but they always were, just the notification about the change being made was causing an error.
    • Fixed an issue with the dialog for picking Sims which had an additional parameter added in this update so it caused an error when it was accessed by MCCC. The dialog was used in various places including picking a Sim for an NPC Sim to become pregnant with. Any command in MCCC that displayed a dialog for choosing a Sim would have gotten an error before this fix.
    • Fixed the "Change Personality Traits" dialog to no longer cause an error.
    • Fixed the "Set Favorite Drink" dialog to no longer cause an error.
    • Fixed the notification message displayed when Sims are adopted to no longer cause an error.
    • Implemented fixes to the pregnancy tracking system so "Pause Playable Sim Pregnancies", "Manual Renaming of NPC babies" will now work. I think EA's new implementation for pregnancy will also allow pet pregnancies to work correctly.

Known issues with MCCC and the current version of Sims 4 after the update:
    • EA has changed the way that story progressions are handled. It’s possible that culling may fall-through the bypasses that MCCC had in-place previously.
    • There is a bug in Sims 4 itself (not MCCC) with aging that happens when going into CAS with a Sim and then exiting back to the lot. This is documented on their official site here.
    • To my knowledge, this is all of the known MCCC issues at this point. If more show-up, then another hotfix may come out later.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-5-2-3-22717213 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

An installation guide can be found here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/installation

If you're experiencing problems with the installation, look into the troubleshooting guide:

Find the FAQ and the answers to fix your MCCC related issues here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

Thanks for the info :)

Am I right in my assumption that friendship/relationship decay/culling could still be an issue, even if I bypass culling and set decay to zero, due to EA's changes to story progression?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    EA Bugs Alert - Patch 1.47.49, NOV 14th 2018

Due to the severity of two bugs, we have decided to inform everyone in case some people aren't aware yet. You yourself might not be affected, or care, but fellow simmers already are and many more will be.

Missing Sims related to Father Winter
    Heads up - if you'd fathered a child with Father Winter, that Sim will have disappeared when loading your save game following yesterday's update. You can avoid permanent loss of this Sim by not saving over your existing save file.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Father-Winter-s-children-disappear-from-save-game/m-p/7165993#M75222

DO NOT save over your saves. Save as, and remember to keep a Backup (which you should always always do anyways)

Sim Ages while in CAS
    crinrict wrote:
    - When playing in CAS, the Sim continues to age. The longer you stay in CAS, the older the Sim gets
    - Sims age even if you aging off
    - It seems they can randomly age up or down.
    - This bug is pretty game breaking as it ages them even through the different stages.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-ages-while-in-CAS/m-p/7167873

Please remember to always keep a (preferably external) backup of everything you value (Tray, Mod, Saves, Screenshots folders), especially for every major patch!
  • Options
    ^ I hope both of these bugs will get fixed with an emergency patch, as they pretty much ruin the game.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited November 2018
    Bonxie wrote: »
    EA Bugs Alert - Patch 1.47.49, NOV 14th 2018

Due to the severity of two bugs, we have decided to inform everyone in case some people aren't aware yet. You yourself might not be affected, or care, but fellow simmers already are and many more will be.

Missing Sims related to Father Winter
    Heads up - if you'd fathered a child with Father Winter, that Sim will have disappeared when loading your save game following yesterday's update. You can avoid permanent loss of this Sim by not saving over your existing save file.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Father-Winter-s-children-disappear-from-save-game/m-p/7165993#M75222

DO NOT save over your saves. Save as, and remember to keep a Backup (which you should always always do anyways)

Sim Ages while in CAS
    crinrict wrote:
    - When playing in CAS, the Sim continues to age. The longer you stay in CAS, the older the Sim gets
    - Sims age even if you aging off
    - It seems they can randomly age up or down.
    - This bug is pretty game breaking as it ages them even through the different stages.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Sim-ages-while-in-CAS/m-p/7167873

Please remember to always keep a (preferably external) backup of everything you value (Tray, Mod, Saves, Screenshots folders), especially for every major patch!

Oh my :scream: That second one is worrisome... Thanks for the heads-up.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    Oh dear that second bug looks pretty disastrous. Thank you for the warning @Bonxie

Does the aging up bug also occur if you edit a sim in CAS from manage worlds?
  • Options
    Oh dear that second bug looks pretty disastrous. Thank you for the warning @Bonxie

Yep, it seems every option for taking them into cas affects them.

I'd be curious to see though if it affects sims in cas for the very first time that are in the process of being created.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

I'd be curious to see though if it affects sims in cas for the very first time that are in the process of being created.

Ohhh noooo :( welp. My sims’ kids are going to be stuck wearing whatever atrocities the game sees fit to dress them in when they first age up, then.
  • Options

Ohhh noooo :( welp. My sims’ kids are going to be stuck wearing whatever atrocities the game sees fit to dress them in when they first age up, then.

Depending on how you feel about it, you could turn aging off to prevent age-related fashion disasters until the issue is resolved; they would be fine, so long as you don't take them into cas.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I don't have Sims fathered by the various NPC entities. What's troubling, though is to have my Sims age while I take them into CAS. I'm always reclothing them upon aging up and fixing their hair. This will be a hard habit for me to break.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options

Depending on how you feel about it, you could turn aging off to prevent age-related fashion disasters until the issue is resolved; they would be fine, so long as you don't take them into cas.
    @BabySquare that’s a good idea... But, I’m always impatient to have them age up! :D maybe if they only age a few days while in CAS I can compensate by flagging them not to age until that number of days has passed.
  • Options
    I don't have Sims fathered by the various NPC entities. What's troubling, though is to have my Sims age while I take them into CAS. I'm always reclothing them upon aging up and fixing their hair. This will be a hard habit for me to break.

Hopefully it won't be for long. I play with aging off but if I had aging on I would do the same. Like I said to MaggieMarley, one solution if you can put up with it would be to turn aging off until the issue's resolved and avoid cas at all costs.

• Options

@BabySquare that’s a good idea... But, I’m always impatient to have them age up! :D maybe if they only age a few days while in CAS I can compensate by flagging them not to age until that number of days has passed.

Be warned though - some people have taken their sims into cas for just a few minutes and discovered they'd aged by 20+ days.
  • Options

Be warned though - some people have taken their sims into cas for just a few minutes and discovered they'd aged by 20+ days.
    :o:o:o:o:o:o

It’s going to have to be fashion disasters then :D
  • Options

:o:o:o:o:o:o

It’s going to have to be fashion disasters then :D

Yep, it's bad. It's up to you; I hope their clothing choices aren't too atrocious. :D
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Just as a FYI, I created a new sim for a brand new game (no previous save games in the folder) as a young adult. I'm playing a YA lifespan of 25 days and when I came out of CAS and settled into my first house, I noticed my sim had aged 12/25 days.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    aldavor wrote: »
    Just as a FYI, I created a new sim for a brand new game (no previous save games in the folder) as a young adult. I'm playing a YA lifespan of 25 days and when I came out of CAS and settled into my first house, I noticed my sim had aged 12/25 days.

That's significant :o
    I've been told there's an age potion under aspiration rewards; never used it but if might help?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

:s I really hope they release a hotfix for this soon...
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

I've been told there's an age potion under aspiration rewards; never used it but if might help?

Yes, the potion of youth will reset the sim back to the beginning of their current life stage. There's no way that I know of though to add or deduct a quantity of days, and the potion won't age a sim back down to another life stage (although that can be done with cheats).
  • Options

Yes, the potion of youth will reset the sim back to the beginning of their current life stage. There's no way that I know of though to add or deduct a quantity of days, and the potion won't age a sim back down to another life stage (although that can be done with cheats).

Thank you :) I'll look up the cheats.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top