Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this new? Didn't have to pay at a restaurant.

My sim is a surgeon, but I've never seen this before and was wondering if it came with the patch. It says not to worry about the bill for a star like him, but he isn't a star as far as I'm concerned. Hmmm.
[img][/img]sims_zpsqaa2s6hv.jpg

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe some GF stuff accidentally spilled over into the patch
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    This is a Season holiday feature (a night out or so).
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Do you have the road to fame mod? If your sim is a celebrity this could be it
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited November 2018
    @Aeroprincess87 - This happened in my game too.....& it was not the holiday Night on the Town. Just a regular day and my Sims didn't have to pay for dinner.

I think this is for Get Famous....when Sims reach a certain celebrity status & are famous stars. I'm assuming this must have slipped through on the patch. My poor Sims getting free food everyday right now....which is fine by me LOL.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Happened to me too! Im willing to bet this has to do with Get Famous. It was pretty funny too since my sim was getting started in the style influencer career with a 100 followers on social media. I wasnt planning on having her take a path in stardom, but I might rethink that after this fun little event!
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    This is a Season holiday feature (a night out or so).

No it's not, not with that notification. With Night on the Town you just leave.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Do you have the road to fame mod? If your sim is a celebrity this could be it

Nope, don't have that mod in my game and it wasn't during the night on the town event either.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Looks like a patch bug.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Happened to me as well. I also got a "Thank Fans for Coming" goal during a wedding event, so I think some bits of Get Famous did mistakenly spill into the patch.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Have any of you posted to AHQ on this?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This happened to me. Free food, I'm not going to complain!
  • DrobanDroban Posts: 2 New Member
    I Got a notification saying that I would get my meal for free but I still had to pay for my meal I got the notification for a free meal because I'm a celebrity chef but like I said I still had to pay for my meal bum deal
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    In GF if you're a five star celebrity one of the fame perks is free food, drinks, services. So as others have said it's likely a bleed over to the patch or something.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yeah, it was a patch oopsie - it goes away when you get GF unless you have that perk.