Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you barely use in CAS?

Let's see...I barely use socks, tights, hats occasionally. I even rarely use the tattoos
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Rings because most of time I'm using kijiko skindetail eyelashes and they're conflicting with rings.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    edited November 2018
    Rings.

There are a few hats I use for Winter, but most of them I dislike.

I use plain woolly tights/leggings for my ladies in the Winter (with skirts/dresses and boots), but never use the wild patterned ones.

Also, I rarely use make-up.

Edit: Oh yeah, and tattoos are very very rare.
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Socks and costumes, and hats!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Tattoos, and most of the hats
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »
    Rings because most of time I'm using kijiko skindetail eyelashes and they're conflicting with rings.

See I wanted to start putting rings on my married sims
    2llotup.jpg
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Meegie1977 wrote: »
    Socks and costumes, and hats!

Nope no costumes here neither
    2llotup.jpg
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I rarely use any accessories except for leggings and sometimes glasses. No necklaces or earrings to be seen on my sims!
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited November 2018
    Each of my sims have one costume in their party outfits, as I rarely have parties though(something I need to explore more), I don’t know if they will show up in them. But I think we should have a costume category ( like everyday, formal, party, etc. so we can change them into a specific costume when we want, like for geek con). I try to put wedding rings on married sims. My rich sims tend to wear more jewelry, especially expensive jewelry. I almost always put eyeliner on my sims, lipstick and eye shadow for some, and a hairstyle I like on them, I love the tights, especially for workout wear. I put earrings on almost all of my sims (where they show). I try to makeover townies with at least one outfit per category, make up jewelry, and hair. I at least try to check that their outfits aren’t outrageous. But with 150 + played sims sometimes I don’t take the time with towniess as they tend to change so much. I rarely use tatoo’s and hats. I do wish we had a better variety of hats, maybe some of the fancy (but modest) hats you see the English royalty wearing at weddings ( and hats in many colors to match several outfits).
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Socks. There's no point in putting them on if they mostly disappear under the shoes, and there aren't many outfit categories where it would make sense for sims to wear just socks. However, I do use them to plug the awkward holes in the back of one pair of boots that came with Vampires.

Other than that, rings. I only ever put them on married couples, pompous old ladies, and sims based on real people who prominently wear rings. Actually, jewellery in general is something I tend to neglect, but there aren't many decent-looking options anyway.

I've never used the acne marks from Parenthood or alternate teeth options for non-vampires.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I love CAS in TS4. I use everything really, but gloves and socks probably the least. As for specific items, I hate that eyeball ring with a passion. So I would never use it. But for some reason that wretched thing shows up constantly on game generated sims.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Gloves. I don't think I've ever used them.
  • caitzelcaitzel Posts: 48 Member
    Any accessories, really. Hats, leggings, gloves, rings, bracelets.
  • EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2018
    I love CAS in TS4. I use everything really, but gloves and socks probably the least. As for specific items, I hate that eyeball ring with a passion. So I would never use it. But for some reason that wretched thing shows up constantly on game generated sims.

Omg, yes. I made one Sim who was kinda out there fashion wise, and she wore it, on one outfit. That ring annoys me so much. It's everywhere.
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    Socks. There's no point in putting them on if they mostly disappear under the shoes, and there aren't many outfit categories where it would make sense for sims to wear just socks. However, I do use them to plug the awkward holes in the back of one pair of boots that came with Vampires.

Other than that, rings. I only ever put them on married couples, pompous old ladies, and sims based on real people who prominently wear rings. Actually, jewellery in general is something I tend to neglect, but there aren't many decent-looking options anyway.

I've never used the acne marks from Parenthood or alternate teeth options for non-vampires.

@GrumpyGlowfish , I'm the opposite of you! I am OCD about socks, even if you can't see them! :*:D I'll even go and "correct" Sims I've downloaded or that Maxis made. The same with wedding rings for married people.

I almost never use tattoos! I only use them if I download a Sim who has them, or if I make a Sim who I think would certainly have them if they were real. But that is seldom. So, I'm really surprised that several of the people who posted here also don't use the tattoos! :o
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Costumes and freckles
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Omg, yes. I made one Sim who was kinda out there fashion wise, and she wore it, on outfit. That ring annoys me so much. It's everywhere.

Exactly, the problem is that it shows up everywhere like it's a fashion staple, when it's really just an oddity that should maybe show up on one sim in a 100! Instead it's like "Honey, it's cold out today don't forget your eyeball!"
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »
    @GrumpyGlowfish , I'm the opposite of you! I am OCD about socks, even if you can't see them! :*:D I'll even go and "correct" Sims I've downloaded or that Maxis made. The same with wedding rings for married people.

I almost never use tattoos! I only use them if I download a Sim who has them, or if I make a Sim who I think would certainly have them if they were real. But that is seldom. So, I'm really surprised that several of the people who posted here also don't use the tattoos! :o

@PugLove888 Well, at least the wedding rings we have in common. :)

Totally forgot about the tattoos, they don't get much love from me either. I don't find them appealing in real life, and the ones in The Sims tend to be way too out there. I only have two sims with tattoos in my main save, one has an arm full of them, the other has three little stars on his chest (which I created myself). Some of the more exaggerated designs might be worth considering for more extreme vampire forms, though.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I rarely (probably never, actually) use freckles or beauty marks. I never use styled looks either. I've noticed a lot of people here don't use accessories (socks, watches, necklaces, rings, etc.) or tattoos, but I use them a lot on my sims. I don't use hats that much, though.
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    edited November 2018
    I pretty much never use tattoos (probably because I don't like the look of them in real life either), and rarely use the rings (you can hardly even see them in-game so there seems to be little point to me). I only use hats for the cold weather outfits, don't use them otherwise
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I pretty much use everything, although I probably use necklaces less often as some of them I find too big and clunky. I often use socks and have started using hats and gloves more now for cold weather outfits.
  • MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    Tattoos, bracelet, necklace, make ups (except lipstick), and gloves. To me, those are unnecessary for my sims
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Well, gloves, I only use the bowling outfit one, cc 3d eyelashes, I've had them forever but never use them. Then costumes, I never throw any kind of costume party where they would be needed.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    PugLove888 wrote: »

@PugLove888 Well, at least the wedding rings we have in common. :)

Totally forgot about the tattoos, they don't get much love from me either. I don't find them appealing in real life, and the ones in The Sims tend to be way too out there. I only have two sims with tattoos in my main save, one has an arm full of them, the other has three little stars on his chest (which I created myself). Some of the more exaggerated designs might be worth considering for more extreme vampire forms, though.

Yep, we do have that in common! I even make sure to put wedding rings with my married Sims' PJs! <3 I wear mine when I sleep, therefore so should my Sims!
    Yes, I don't like real-life tattoos either :s and I see them so much on TV and in life that I'm sick of them. But they do go with certain types of Sims. That is cool that one of your Sims sports a tattoo that you created! B)

I pretty much use the jewelry constantly! I love jewelry so that is a must have, at least for my female Sims. I used to only use the gloves on Formal outfits, but now with Seasons I use them with the Cold Weather outfits as well. B) I love the freckles and beauty marks (but I also love these in real life)
    I don't use the facial lines very often. I use the makeup a lot, but almost never use the face paint! ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I use about everything but probably gloves the least. I thought those would get more use with Seasons but since sims don't switch back to everyday clothing when entering a building, I have almost completely given up using gloves.

I also forget about the teeth too often (other than vampires).
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I probably use tattoos and hats the least. I think I sort of forget they exist.