Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else tried split stairs?

earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member
I fiddled with building today with the new foundation levels and built a couple of houses with split staircases.
They don't exactly work the way I woulda like them to - ie still have to leave a space between the new foundation and the wall surrounding it, as well as having to build an extra level over the staircase- but they still look pretty cool.

I would kind of love to know if anyone discovered a constrain floor cheat added with the new update, since the terrain tool is now a thing. :blush:

N8oTeCo.jpg
u9U44zX.jpg
WQLYiM2.jpg
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited November 2018
    How’d you do that? I’ve only played TS4, so this new update is new to me in the sense that I’ve never experienced other sim games. I was testing out terrain tools yesterday, but what you did there is pretty neat.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Hooray! I was wondering if stuff like that would work, and I'm so glad it does! Gonna try it out for myself!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    How’d you do that? I’ve only played TS4, so this new update is new to me in the sense that I’ve never experienced other sim games. I was testing out terrain tools yesterday, but what you did there is pretty neat.

If you have house a with a foundation or otherwise you create a room and delete the floor, so you can now have a ground-level room; then you build another foundation inside that room with a different height - you then add the stairs connecting the floors to each other intersecting that one foundation.
    NK4koaX.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Was this possible before yesterday's patch?
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »

No, it wasn't. The update added the ability to have different foundation heights on the same lot. Before, they were all one level, however high or low it was.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member

Not like this. You can do alternating stairs floor to floor, but not between floors(unless I missed a Sim Supply video). This is one of many things that the new terrain and foundation features is making available.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2018

No, it wasn't. The update added the ability to have different foundation heights on the same lot. Before, they were all one level, however high or low it was.

Yes, but the rooms with different foundation heights can't be connected. The method the OP uses looks great, but it still requires deleting the floor on top of the foundation -- which we able to do before.

The reason I am asking is I spent quite some time playing around with this to try "true" split stairs (without having to go down a level) and was not able to... it's high on my wish list.

Edited to add: I think I see what they did. Enclose a different "room" with a different foundation in another room? If that's the case I'll give it a try!

Edited again: I've tried to duplicate this but I keep getting "conflicting block clusters". :(
    Edited yet again: Got it working. Very clever! How I got it going in the spoiler.
    11-14-18-4-51-08-PM.png

11-14-18-4-56-08-PM.png
    Post edited by Pegasys on