Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mafia Masterlist - No longer updated

Comments

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    @Zinniavanilla me and Plumbob we're thinking about cohosting a mafia game in about a month or so.

Okay, great! I will post you on the On-hold list, and when you would like to be taken off and placed on the Waiting List please tell me.
    unknown.png
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Can I sign up for a game please ☺️
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Can I sign up for a game please ☺️

Yay!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Almost finished setting up my game :smiley:
    Almost finished setting up my game :smiley:

That's great! I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Not that I'd worry to much about it, though.
    unknown.png
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited November 2018
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    @Zinniavanilla my games over now
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Hey guys. I realized that the inactivity in mafia games are getting more and more bad and it is becoming extremely difficult to catch mafia in such small setups if people don't post often.

I know I suggested before that people should put in 5 on topic posts but this suggestion didn't really get carried out. Plumbob also suggested that people should at least vote or put in a vote to be 'deemed' as active enough, but I see that a lot of people don't do this as well. Honestly, it would really help if people put in votes. Hehe. :D Makes it easier to track the bad guys. But of course, we cannot force people to vote sometimes.

So, I suggest maybe we can do something with your night action (be it you're a mafia with a nighkill/night actions or a townie with a PR). That the host should not accept the night action if the person doesn't make at least 5 posts a day (unless they have a reason that they're busy that day). But more than two days in a row to be that inactive should not be an excuse. >.<

This way, we don't have to resort to no lynch to buy a day for town, but mafia can just get away with killing someone if they are inactive. And a no lynch = no nightkills would not be fair for mafia who are active as well.

Of course, this might not work for VT's but I think we should also expect VT's to join the discussion. I think if more people would talk, it will make it easier for the others would join in as well.

And of course a mafia might also try to frame and inactive VT and purposely not send in a kill to frame them... but I guess that's the thrill of the game. XD We just have to take that into consideration and not just vote for an inactive person the moment there's no nightkills. Just like what we would do if there is a protection role, etc in the setup.

I don't know if 5 is too big of a number for posts but 1-2 is just too few.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Hey guys. I realized that the inactivity in mafia games are getting more and more bad and it is becoming extremely difficult to catch mafia in such small setups if people don't post often.

I know I suggested before that people should put in 5 on topic posts but this suggestion didn't really get carried out. Plumbob also suggested that people should at least vote or put in a vote to be 'deemed' as active enough, but I see that a lot of people don't do this as well. Honestly, it would really help if people put in votes. Hehe. :D Makes it easier to track the bad guys. But of course, we cannot force people to vote sometimes.

So, I suggest maybe we can do something with your night action (be it you're a mafia with a nighkill/night actions or a townie with a PR). That the host should not accept the night action if the person doesn't make at least 5 posts a day (unless they have a reason that they're busy that day). But more than two days in a row to be that inactive should not be an excuse. >.<

This way, we don't have to resort to no lynch to buy a day for town, but mafia can just get away with killing someone if they are inactive. And a no lynch = no nightkills would not be fair for mafia who are active as well.

Of course, this might not work for VT's but I think we should also expect VT's to join the discussion. I think if more people would talk, it will make it easier for the others would join in as well.

And of course a mafia might also try to frame and inactive VT and purposely not send in a kill to frame them... but I guess that's the thrill of the game. XD We just have to take that into consideration and not just vote for an inactive person the moment there's no nightkills. Just like what we would do if there is a protection role, etc in the setup.

I feel inactivness is a problem, but some of us have school and other priorities, so its harder to meet that requirement. Maybe make it 3 or 4 to make it more manageable. Idk. I do think we should do something about it though. Would this replace replacing inactives or just be another thing to encourage being active?

I feel inactivness is a problem, but some of us have school and other priorities, so its harder to meet that requirement. Maybe make it 3 or 4 to make it more manageable. Idk. I do think we should do something about it though. Would this replace replacing inactives or just be another thing to encourage being active?

Probably encourage activeness. Replacements should be for people who are really, really busy and don't have time to commit to the game at all. But if you are gonna come online just to send in an action, then you actually have time to participate on the thread. That's why I feel like people should 'earn' their night action. If you don't want to participate much on the thread (which is part of the game), then you shouldn't send in a night action (which is also part of the game). 🤷‍♂️ Simple.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I would say maybe 5 (one-sentence) posts but if you make 3 long posts, it's okay too, I guess. But I'd rather the person just split up the 3 posts into more just so it would be easier for the host to count them and is more consistent.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I feel like we should do something about inactivness as well, I tried to enforce the “5 Comments a Day” rule but I kept forgetting to check, in my next game, I’ll probably stick to that rule and just make sure to count them.

I also like the idea of having to earn your night action, but it doesn’t give VTs an incentive to post
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, I know vts don't have that much incentive or push to make them talk but they will be at risk of getting lynched if they don't.

Maybe we can just try this out first for the next game if you guys are down for it and we see how much active people get? I do believe people will generally talk more if there are on topic posts to quote from.

The only problem with this is that if so many people didn't make 5 posts, then people can start counting and if a night kill happens, people are gonna go after the active people. 🙈 But hopefully, people won't resort to that!
    FwDXXd5.gif

In my opinion, if you are too busy to participate in the game you should not sign up. If it's maybe 1-2 days you aren't able to get on, that's fair. But 5 posts in 24 hours is already a very generous amount of posts, I think, since every other player in the game is affected.

Personally I don't believe putting something like that into effect will help all that much, and it's more work for he host.
    unknown.png

In my opinion, if you are too busy to participate in the game you should not sign up. If it's maybe 1-2 days you aren't able to get on, that's fair. But 5 posts in 24 hours is already a very generous amount of posts, I think, since every other player in the game is affected.

Personally I don't believe putting something like that into effect will help all that much, and it's more work for he host.

I think we should try it once and if it doesn't seem to improve much, we can figure something else out.
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I feel like we should do something about inactivness as well, I tried to enforce the “5 Comments a Day” rule but I kept forgetting to check, in my next game, I’ll probably stick to that rule and just make sure to count them.

I also like the idea of having to earn your night action, but it doesn’t give VTs an incentive to post

You have to make 2-4 posts before you can vote?
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

Idk just just seems a little...idk..not helpful. Because you may have really good suspicions and enforcing this may cause unessacery posts just to allow you to vote.
    edited November 2018

I can help the host count the posts. XD

No, I choose not to do much about the voting cuz some people don't think voting is that important and is it fair for mafia to not post much at all but still post a nightkill or for a PR to send in an action to get an easy investigation report back? It's not, that's why I'm choosing it to affect night actions.

From my recent experience, the people who only make one or two posts usually don't vote anyways so it's not that much different. 😬
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I am ready for my game to be added to the list.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    @the_greenplumbob what is the theme/setup of your upcoming mafia game?
    Oh hamburgers!
    edited November 2018

I haven't come up with a theme yet, as for the set up, I'm gonna try and make one myself :)

I haven't come up with a theme yet, as for the set up, I'm gonna try and make one myself :)

If you do, Id consider talking with some of the older players to help make sure ita balanced.

Sounds good. Could I co host it if you want?
    Oh hamburgers!

Yeah sure! :smiley: I forgot we agreed to co-host a game :joy:

Yeah sure! :smiley: I forgot we agreed to co-host a game :joy:

Yayyy!! For a Theme, could we do a Powerpuff Girls themed mafia, a Dexter Lab's themed mafia, a 90210 themed mafia, or a Sailor Moon themed mafia game? You can pick out the theme Plumbob.
    Oh hamburgers!