Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how did the new patch affect your game?? and help here xx

Comments

• ElegantGirlElegantGirl Posts: 10 New Member
    I've figured out the problem. Just no way to fix it. The problem is all of my Sims I used I gave the Father Winter Baby trait. After more testing out stuff. Its any sim with the Father Winter Baby trait that is missing from game.

Now that the problem is found. There is no way to get them in game to remove the trait..
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    edited November 2018
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Can't even start the game, refuses to start until updated, I refuse to update until the mods I use are ready. Thanks EA!~

[Edited for language. - EA_Cian]
    Not EA fault they gave us warning in late September and a reminder last month
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    I've figured out the problem. Just no way to fix it. The problem is all of my Sims I used I gave the Father Winter Baby trait. After more testing out stuff. Its any sim with the Father Winter Baby trait that is missing from game.

Now that the problem is found. There is no way to get them in game to remove the trait..

This AHQ EA thread is about this issue. You may like to post feedback there.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Father-Winter-s-children-disappear-from-save-game/m-p/7165993#M75222
    game crsh while selecting new career?? is it because get famous isnt out yet???
    If you have the custom career than career mods are broken until the creators updated them.

• carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    If you have the custom career than career mods are broken until the creators updated them.

i fixed it i took out all script mods and its all fine now all my other non script mods ie tuning mods etc seem fine xxx

i fixed it i took out all script mods and its all fine now all my other non script mods ie tuning mods etc seem fine xxx

Good to see you fix it
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Haven't had a single issue last night. Only played for a 1-2 hours but so far so good. I feel it's even a bit smoother, but then my PC never had many problems to begin with so I might be imagining it :)
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I went in to build mode to find there is no catalog at the bottom.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    I went in to build mode to find there is no catalog at the bottom.

do you have any mods in mods that affect UI etc??
  • ElegantGirlElegantGirl Posts: 10 New Member
    Thank you Rosemow, I've put my feedback there
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

One answer might be, if they are on the gallery, to ask someone here to download them into their game, remove the trait then re-upload them for you? I would offer to do it myself, except I can't go in game for a few days but maybe someone else could?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I’m having issues with the terrain paint (no visual where it’s going to paint - the guide?) but I’m hopeful another clear cache and repair fixes it. I had no mods or cc when I originally updated so I just need to remove garage doors before I do this to be sure!
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I found a bug, and posted about it in the official bugs forums. When I pack a sack lunch for my sims, they will return from work/school early at around the time they would eat the lunch. I've removed all mods/cc. If anyone else is experiencing this, please use this thread on the bug forum or click "me too" if/when that comes available.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Touch wood the game has been surprisingly great on both my computers. Running very well.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I couldn't get the move objects cheat to work after updating. I put in both testingcheats and moveobjects but the objects still interfere with each other. Anyone else? I don't have any mods or cc turned on yet.
  • chansimon100chansimon100 Posts: 13 New Member
    So there's no more ideal emotion for jobs? even children, as they used to require Focused mood to have better school performance. Or is it just me? Thanks
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2018
    One thing I've noticed is that objects/build items on lowers floors don't show. By this I mean when I places stairs or build a loft everything the next floor below is gone. I do see objects flicker in and out when I move the camera but unless I'm looking at the floor below through a window nothing is there. Not sure if if is effecting every build but I did notice it on every multilevel apartment.

I am also unable to place trims on curved cornera and all trims from previous builds are gone on curved corners. Also the flooring on said corners are flat. Normally there is some depth to them but now they are flat.

Edit: I have removed all mods and cc, deleted the cache file, and have repaired my game.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2018
    Only a couple minor things happened in my game after downloading the patch. Before downloading it, I took out my saves, tray files, deleted cache files, localthumbnail, etc. When it was finished downloading I went in game in online mode, created a tester Sim, built her a little house on a hill using the terrain tools and had her join the Scientist career.

I also tested out the First Person camera, soooo cool! I love it and can see myself using it a lot, especially for getting screenshots for builds. I had a little problem getting acquainted with the controls for it, but I think I've got a handle on it now. Anyway, the issues I had were with the Scientist career. The good news is, the harvestables in the greenhouse at the lab had produce on them. Yay! Thank Goodness! I had my Sim harvest and water them. When she was finished watering, two of the plants had already begun growing again and had produce on them.

The second thing was the fact there were no other Sims at the Lab. My Sim had no co-workers. I found some townies at the picnic spot though. I don't have and never have had Mods/CC. I've repaired the game, took out the tester Sim and put copies of my current saves in the game, then loaded it up again, this time playing offline. Thankfully everything seems to be good for them, they're just like I left them.

I haven't tried the new career yet, but I'll most likely be doing that later tonight. I'll send my NSB Scientist to work too and see if her previous co-workers arrive for work like they should. I certainly hope so, they were all her good friends by now and all my own created Sims I purposely put in that save to act as townies.

OH! I just remembered one more thing. I made a little 'pond' in my tester Sim's backyard and put a bubbler and steam grate in it. The bubbler worked fine, but the steam is acting very strange. It doesn't really 'steam', well it does, but it's just a ring of steam that randomly shoots up in the air and disappears making a strange sound. It doesn't just produce steam on top of the water like it previously did in other saves before the patch. That could be my fault though, maybe the octagon pool I put in the pit I created was too deep or something? I have no idea *shrugs*
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I had two sim "humans" stuck watching their hamster like the cats used to do. No mods. Had to reset them or enter then exit build/buy.
  • ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I have a problem with my simology tab. However this only happened to my sims that have done the ultimate sim challenge and have a LOT of traits :D . Their simology tab reaches all the way to the top of my screen and I cannot scroll to size it down :#
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have a problem with my simology tab. However this only happened to my sims that have done the ultimate sim challenge and have a LOT of traits :D . Their simology tab reaches all the way to the top of my screen and I cannot scroll to size it down :#

They changed the layout of the simology tab, but I guess the arrow to minimize the section doesn't show up for you then?
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    I know mcccommand has been updated and I have tried installing it, but it not showing up in game. Anyone else having a problem with this?

after a patch ea/maxis disable script mods/mods by default did you make sure script mods/mods is enabled in game??

I did, somebody suggested not unzipping in the folder, but doing so somewhere else and dragging the files in, and that worked. I am one happy camper. Thank you though for your response. I appreciate it.
  • Miss_LestrangeMiss_Lestrange Posts: 21 Member
    Took all my mods out but my game is really slow. It lags constantly. I have been waiting for the game to finish exiting for the last ten minutes.

Somehow this always happens after updating
  • NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    My game used to run with a lot of script mods that added in foster parents, more romantic stuff >_>" and a lot of other random things. I removed them all and added my foster sim to my household, but when running after this update my game lags more than it used to. Hope it sorts itself out soon.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member

There's a bug thread for this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Simology-panel-top-off-top-of-screen/td-p/7166628/

Could you please add your info.

Thanks
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial