Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I spend so much money on Sims 4...I'm in disbelief.

2...Next

Comments

• Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Oh my word, I can't even say psy-ber monday. :eyeroll:
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Oh my word, I can't even say psy-ber monday. :eyeroll:

We’re not allowed to discuss forum rules at all.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Value is such a personal thing. I've known people... not particularly wealthy either, spend almost that much on a single purse. Now to me... that is utterly baffling.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • xlixli Posts: 17 Member
    at least the holidays are near :) #discounts
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Blue light?

Don't know if this is what you're talking about but you could download flux.

It filters blue light out to a degree of your choosing. Maybe that's not what you're talking about though.

Ah to properly explain what I mean is that the Sims 4 uses a lighting effect that adds a layer of blue over top everything. Its not really notable in sunlight or bright rooms but becomes very evident in darker areas or shadows.

Actually your signature image is a good example of what I mean, if you remove the blue lighting filter it would actually make the colors a lot more vibrant in your signature image without changing the time of day/general lighting.

The Sims 3 used something similar but in the opposite direction with glow highlights that gave everything a shine or glow.

There are 2 mods to rid the game of this blue filter. NoBlu v2 and NoGlo v2 updated. I cant link as im on phone, but i can tomorrow if you are interested.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm guilty of buying almost everything for The Sims since I came on board midway through The Sims 3. I'm sure I've spent a lot of money on this game, but I'm sure I've spent more on comics on an annual basis.

They're both worth it. :)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    There are 2 mods to rid the game of this blue filter. NoBlu v2 and NoGlo v2 updated. I cant link as im on phone, but i can tomorrow if you are interested.

Actually what I was saying is I suspect those mods will be broken after tomorrows patch and the developer hasn't really posted in a while in general so I suspect they will stay broken sadly.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Do you know Instant-Gaming ? They always have all Sims 4 packs for half off or close. I paid 40€ for the base game and cats and dogs bundle!!
    I buy from Origin too. And yes it end up being a lot of money......
    I hope maybe they’ll have Movie hangout Stuff on sale when Get Famous is released so I can get it.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I think for me don't care on how much money I put in the game, if it can make add to my enjoyment and can give me hours of enjoyment I am fine with it(Except with games with mtx. I dislike those)The Sims 4 while expensive, can provide hours of fun for me. Its more of
    a hobby that I invested than just a game.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    I have spent a lot more on some subscription based MMOs and honestly I don't regret those purchases. One thing that's different about The Sims 4 is that I cought myself regretting the purchases that I've made and stopped making purchases. If we still lived in a world based on physical sales, this would have been the point where I would have presented my collection to a 2nd hand game store.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Simple. Never feel guilty about spending money on something you enjoy. :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm in the same boat as you, man. I tried waiting for sales once, and it felt irritating when there weren't any big holidays coming up. People are so patient with these things, but buying games is the one thing I'm never patient about. I'm struggling trying to hold off on RDR2 right now, and it hurts to think about :sob:
    If anything, I have a separate budget in place for my game buying habit so I'm always a-ok financially... I'm just bitter all by myself when I realize how much of an idiot I am when I spend money immediately :joy:

Ironically, sales make me buy things for other people than myself lmao
    If I understood gifting on origin or how to send codes to people, I would've been tossing out games and doing giveaways for sure. :joy:
  • NovaBelladonnaNovaBelladonna Posts: 58 Member
    I'm feeling pretty pleased because I've managed to get the basegame, Get To Work and Get Together for £15, £10, £10 from people selling stuff online at a loss (with CD included so I know that it's not just a stolen code) and got Vampires for £7.99 on sale from Origin :) But I bought Sims 4 in 2018 after finally having a decent PC to play it on so that'd be quite a wait for most people, then the weeks checking ebay every day...
    That said I've never spent >£40 on a game before so even getting stuff for less than half price would be expensive. And I still want Parenthood and I'm tempted to support modders via Patreon at some point.
    For a let's play about a vampire who wants to take over the world, check out my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmFyY60q4J0PJNKCePjVG8g
  • FiresinopaFiresinopa Posts: 32 Member
    Lol. Yeah, I don't own every single expansion/stuff pack, but yeah it can be mind-blowing how much money goes out of the wallet when you don't really think about it. Like right now I want to buy the Cats and Dogs but I've become too cheap to spend 40 bucks on it. I'm patiently waiting for some deals either on Black Friday or Cyber Monday lol. I do look on Amazon from time to time. To justify buying anything nowadays I try to be extra good on important things and see it as a "Treat Yo-self" kind of thing.
  • FiresinopaFiresinopa Posts: 32 Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Laura_Jones wrote: »
    >
    > Yeeaahhh... I wish there was financial aid available. :#
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > :p

Rofl.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    I was not fully enamored with Sims3. I bought the EPs mainly because that's where additional interactions were dispersed. But I didn't purchase all of the SPs. I bought three and was given one by EA for some kind of bonus. However, I decided to purchase the base game of Sims4 with the stipulation that if it didn't wow me, I'd not spend another penny on it.

I really liked how the Sims, themselves, were closer to how they were in Sims2. Not nearly as funny (or funny in a different vein. perhaps) but I didn't have to orchestrate their dinner conversations as I did with Sims3. That meant a great deal to me. Do I play this game everyday, as I did Sims2 & 3? No. I just figure my life is fuller, now. I'm certainly over the Empty-Nest Syndrome phase of my life. But, I do enjoy this game. I LOVE the toddlers, in fact.

This new EP has me excited in a way I haven't been for a long time. I had mods in my game to try to create a singer career and the fame that goes with it. Now, I don't need to pretend, if you will.

The only GP I don't have is vampires. I don't like them, Sam I am, and am very grateful they were in their own separate GP.

However, if you're on the fence, wait it out. I'm still on the fence about My First Pet. This game is about how you play it. Fame might not be appealing to you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Well I pre-ordered the new expansion.

So that happened lol.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

So that happened lol.

LOL I was waiting for this comment. I go through the same thing. I have been able to make it for the sales lately but, I did buy seasons right away though. I am still holding out....I hope I can make it because I need this pack for my main save story.
  • Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    I try not to think about how much I've spent on the Sims 4. I think it would make my husband cry.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member

So that happened lol.

Lol. Aww. You know, even if you don't play as much as you think would make it worth it if you really enjoy it fora while it could still be worth it. Think about the cost of cable, dvds, going to the movie theater, out to eat, sports equipment, hobby supplies, bar tabs, etc. Let's face it, entertainment... life is expensive. I think people feel too guilty sometimes for enjoying life especially if they spend money on it. But if you can afford and you're not missing out on something else. Enjoy.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member

So that happened lol.

Good for ya :D I wish I could preorder it right now but with RDR2, AC:Odyssey, the new Ark DLC and the Forest out for PS4... well... I officially spent my whole entertainment money this month.

Next time - don't feel weird about spending too much on TS4. As long as you enjoy it - you won't regret it...
    And now - 'scuse me. I'm going to ride my horse, travel the beautiful ancient Greece, try to save my son from cannibalistic people and tame me some nice dinos.