Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrain Pain Broken after patch?

TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
So I just installed the 11/13 patch a few hours ago and was playing on of my files when I realized that I didn't terrain paint my lot even though I swore that I did. After realizing this I attempted to fix it however when I try to paint nothing happens, not even the sound affects.

Has the function changed and I'm doing it wrong or did I find a bug that I need to report? Is anyone else having this issue?
All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sound effects don't happen for me, but it still paints. Do you have all your mods disabled? ALL script mods are broken as of the latest patch.

Also, you can't terrain paint modified terrain itself. They said they'd like to work on that and add that eventually, but wanted to get the tools out to us as soon as possible.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have my mods installed but I don't really use script mods just texture and occasionally mesh edits.

I Thought about the modified terrain part however I only played with the tool a little bit before undoing it then going back to live mode. When it occurred to me that there was a problem I went back and bulldozed the terrain and then tried again but got nothing.

I'm going to test on an empty lot and see what happens then when I shut down my game later i'll double check my mod files and run a repair.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    TayoChan wrote: »
    So I just installed the 11/13 patch a few hours ago and was playing on of my files when I realized that I didn't terrain paint my lot even though I swore that I did. After realizing this I attempted to fix it however when I try to pain nothing happens not even the sound affects.

Has the function changed and I'm doing it wrong or did I find a bug that I need to report? Is anyone else having this issue?

Do you have lap-top mode on? It's been reported to be doing that on Twitter. Shut it off if you have it on. :)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    In my game it just doesn’t make the noise. I wonder if people said it was annoying or something.
    Yep, not working on a fresh lot.
    fN2f7ds.png
    TayoChan wrote: »
    So I just installed the 11/13 patch a few hours ago and was playing on of my files when I realized that I didn't terrain paint my lot even though I swore that I did. After realizing this I attempted to fix it however when I try to pain nothing happens not even the sound affects.

Do you have lap-top mode on? It's been reported to be doing that on Twitter. Shut it off if you have it on. :)

I do have laptop mode on. Ill test that.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Tried with no mods or cc, sound effects aren’t working, there’s no yellow guide anymore (used to show where the paint would be applied) but it’s painting on fine, I just can’t tell exactly where it’ll paint (took me forever to paint a driveway in!). Not on laptop mode.
    Tried with no mods or cc, sound effects aren’t working, there’s no yellow guide anymore (used to show where the paint would be applied) but it’s painting on fine, I just can’t tell exactly where it’ll paint (took me forever to paint a driveway in!). Not on laptop mode.

I've got the guide and I get the guide animation as if it was being used but nothing actually happens.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    As Crincrict noted, AHQ (and the thread linked!) are the best place to post about bugs/issues for the terrain painting. That in mind, I'm locking this thread. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top