Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch: Your Thoughts (Patch Notes Now Available)

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Okay, I tried. Restarted the games with no mods and cc, the problem is still there.

Oh well...

Every time you add or remove mods, you have to delete the localthumbcache file (or repair the game.)
  • bluedolphin1471bluedolphin1471 Posts: 8 New Member
    I got no mods or cc but I cant seem to use the paint brush tool. it won't let paint anything :(
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Oh, sorry to hear that. Did you remove all the script mods? I only added my cc back to the game and a few basic mods like "no intro" and "no mosaic".

Actually, hang on. I am having the same issue, just tried a sim with a different career, this time a non-active one just to be safe.

Mqszfzu.jpg

I only just saw your edit, so I went to another household where one sim has an active career, and it's the same for me: The ideal emotion doesn't show for non-active careers, but it does show for active ones, whether mods are enabled or not.

Can anyone else take a quick look at their sims' career tabs and confirm this?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited November 2018
    bizuktag wrote: »
    New patch CAS items:

Thanks for posting! I am not a fan of the shoes, but the other stuff looks pretty cool!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    edited November 2018
    That'd really be great is someone else could check about the issue with jobs and ideal emotions. I also tried without mods and it did not make a difference. And I also know about deleting the cache files and repairing the game, so I doubt that is the issue.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    My current thoughts? This is a FANTASTIC patch!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Okay, I tried. Restarted the games with no mods and cc, the problem is still there.

Oh well...

Well you could have broken the save by starting it with mods in. Start a new save with no mods and then see what happens.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited November 2018
    So, I'm trying to work out how to make that bridge we could see in one of the teasers. Any ideas?

[media]
    https://instagram.com/p/BqFt57-he__/
    edited November 2018
    IngeJones wrote: »

Oh well...

Well you could have broken the save by starting it with mods in. Start a new save with no mods and then see what happens.

That's what I did, still no ideal emotion. Removed the CC, repaired the game (again), started a new save and got the sim a job. No ideal emotion showing.
    Edit: So can I assume that everyone with the helpful tips checked and still has the ideal emotion showing on non-active careers? Just asking, because I am confused at this point.

we all try ...
    That'd really be great is someone else could check about the issue with jobs and ideal emotions. I also tried without mods and it did not make a difference. And I also know about deleting the cache files and repairing the game, so I doubt that is the issue.

I'm seeing the same thing. Anyone think this might be by design? I noticed that the tooltip says to go to to work 'with a positive emotion.' Did it always say that? Maybe it's more flexible now and no longer requires a specific emotion.
    IceyJ wrote: »

I'm seeing the same thing. Anyone think this might be by design? I noticed that the tooltip says to go to to work 'with a positive emotion.' Did it always say that? Maybe it's more flexible now and no longer requires a specific emotion.

THANK YOU for actually checking, thought I was going nuts. It's not game breaking, it's just good to know whether it's a bug or not.

we all try ...
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Oh well...

That's what I did, still no ideal emotion. Removed the CC, repaired the game (again), started a new save and got the sim a job. No ideal emotion showing.

I wonder if they removed the ideal emotional state for some reason... If I mouse over the promotion requirements for my level 4 stylist it just says to be in a good mood. It’s basically impossible to keep a sim in one particular emotional state that long without spa day though.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited November 2018

Well, wouldn't that suck? I just learned how to deal with the original system and get sims promoted faster... :/

(I mean, if the emotion doesn't matter anymore, that's one thing. But if we have to just guess and rely on our luck from now on...?)

I don't recall reading anything about this in the patch notes, though.
    QueenMercy wrote: »

Oh well...

I wonder if they removed the ideal emotional state for some reason... If I mouse over the promotion requirements for my level 4 stylist it just says to be in a good mood. It’s basically impossible to keep a sim in one particular emotional state that long without spa day though.

Do you mean they may have removed the "requirement" altogether for non-active careers? Interesting ...

we all try ...
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    So...what's broken in this patch?

There is a massive problem in my game with sims not being able to take food. They reset, the plates with the food lay on the floor and the sims can't take them any more.

Do you have cc? I recall that being an issue for me on a previous patch. I think it is to do with counters if I remember

No I have no cc. After saving, going back to main menu and then start the game again, it seems to work again. However, sims not being able to take food has happened in 2 saves that I tested after the patch now (the first time resetting the cook helped).

Okay. I suggest exit without saving. Go in to your files and clear your localthumbcache and do a repair in origin.

I did this but it doesn't help. The bug occurs again and again. When it happens, my Sims are also unable to eat fruit from their inventory.

Well, wouldn't that suck? I just learned how to deal with the original system and get sims promoted faster... :/

(I mean, if the emotion doesn't matter anymore, that's one thing. But if he have to just guess and rely on our luck from now on...?)

I don't recall reading anything about this in the patch notes, though.

It does seem like a weird thing to leave out.
  • Pentakill_SorakaPentakill_Soraka Posts: 2 New Member
    Question about Terrain tools, why can't I paint the hills I made? Are they always going to be that horrible exposed dirt color? Is there a way to paint the hills after making them?

Oh well...

Do you mean they may have removed the "requirement" altogether for non-active careers? Interesting ...

I'm thinking they didn't actually remove it, instead all positive emotions are valid rather than a specific one. That's what the tooltip suggests, anyway. Just send your sim to work with a positive emotion.

Oh well...

I'm thinking they didn't actually remove it, instead all positive emotions are valid rather than a specific one. That's what the tooltip suggests, anyway. Just send your sim to work with a positive emotion.

I guess. It's still there on the active careers though it seems (at least for me). So it seems like an odd choice.

we all try ...
    edited November 2018

Oh well...

I guess. It's still there on the active careers though it seems (at least for me). So it seems like an odd choice.

Could you try to get a promotion and see if that changes anything?

Edit: Do you mean one of the Get to Work careers? Maybe they left those alone because you’re still actively playing them, so you can more easily influence their emotions. I know my science lab has a ton of enabled focusing decor.

Oh well...

Well, it's either that or it's a bug introduced with the new stylist career. I'm sure a Guru will clarify eventually.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

Oh well...

I went through the entirety of both branches of the new career and couldn't see any suggested emotion the whole way through.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Cupid wrote: »

Oh well...

I went through the entirety of both branches of the new career and couldn't see any suggested emotion the whole way through.

That’s good to know. I thought they were saying that their sim was a doctor or something though.

Also can you confirm which braches unlocks which items?