Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Entertainer Legacy Statue??

AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I have found several old topics about how to get the Lustrous Entertainer Legacy Statue. It seems many people have trouble with it, but after all I tried I still don't get it. What I have found so far is that most people have a bunch of sims not even watching, except when they go to a Big Park. So she is in a Big Park now, as I placed the Performance Park in her town, and almost 20 sims have noticed her playing. Yet, there is still no sign of Emit anywhere....

And then I go to google and read this on Carls Guide: "This is one of the easiest Legacy Statues to obtain, but none of the previous listeners from lower levels in the skill will count. While the total number of listeners is tracked in the Laser Rhythm-a-Con Skill Journal, you'll need 10 Sims to listen once you've hit level 10."

She was level 10 and knows all tracks already, and still after nearly 20 sims nothing happened. If it is "one of the easiest" then what the plum am I doing wrong? Anybody help????

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited November 2018
    Okay, I think I found the source of the bug, and yet I haven't. I have removed all of my Nraas mods and I saw a VERY drastic drop in people paying attention to my sim playing Laserharp. Being, around 10 a day to totally NONE at all. Even while she was at a Big Park. Ofcourse, nobody paying attention isn't much more helpfull then getting to 20 without a statue, so I dropped this Fix Mod in my Mods folder. After that I got a steady around 3 sims a day paying attention to my sim, while playing literally 24/7 with needs on static. And what do you know, after the 10th person, Emit showed up!

So all in all I am wondering what changes with Nraas mods that makes a different amount of sims watch her play, apparently in a way that isn't counted towards this legacy statue. And also, which of those changes the laserharp watching behaviour. So @igazor, is this something that you and your people have seen happening before? I will put my mod list here, including which packages from each mod I use. If you need anything else that will help you find the culprit please let me know!

This is my mod list:
    • No Intro
    • Opportunity Phone Call Fix & More Opportunity Phone Calls
    • Nraas - Debug Enabler
    • Nraas - Dreamer
    • Nraas - Error Trap
    • Nraas - Master Controller (Cheats / Integration / Progression)
    • Nraas - Mover
    • Nraas - Overwatch
    • Nraas - Portrait Panel
    • Nraas - Retuner
    • Nraas - Saver
    • Nraas - Story Progression (Career / Extra / Money / Population / Relationship / Skill)
    • Nraas - Tempest
    • Nraas - Woohooer
    @EA_Lanna Thanks for notifying me of the closure of the other thread. I normally don't like bumping up very old posts, but I have just spend two or three days trying to find out what was wrong and while on other subjects I have found threads where the solution could be found in this case I didn't. And I thought, if someone else has this issue too and also finds that old post, then I can point them towards this possible cause, and thereby this thread. I hope that is OK with you!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    Afraid I have nothing to offer here, except to point out that the glitch that the mod you found fixes is merely an ITUN fun advertising setting that had been put at 0 instead of the more usual 25, thus otherwise giving no sims any reason to watch. NRaas Retuner could have been used to fix that instead of adding a new mod, if desired.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited November 2018
    I know and it probably does. But all the tries I did with Nraas landed me with a lot of views in my skill stats and no statue. So the issue here is more 'how does nraas bug with getting the statue' then about what the other one fixes.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    I must have missed the part where the statue progress is still denied with the fix in place (either method of fixing) together with the other NRaas mods. I only saw where you reported that things were not working as expected unfixed with the other mods. Since it doesn't work the way it's supposed to in an unmodded (untuned) game either, then sorry but I'm not really seeing the problem.

If you still have issues with the retuning in place together with the other NRaas mods, then I would suggest a post about it at NRaas for our developer to comment.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    I have gotten it by playing without the mods untill it registered, after whih I made that comment. I was just wondering if you had heard anything about it. I can ofcourse notify it on the nraas forums and I will probs do that later today. Thanks!
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2018
    I haven't had any real trouble with getting that legacy statue with those NRaas mods in place. However, I don't use SP's Extra, Money, or Skill modules. I also have more NRaas mods than on your list.

I just have my laser harp player play for tips on a big park routinely and wait. It doesn't happen in one sitting, obviously. Eventually Emit shows up and my sim gets the statue. I don't think it has to be 20 people concurrently. I've never bothered paying attention to what the skill panel details show though, or whether all listeners occurred at level 10 of the skill. I don't use that laser harp fix mod either. I don't know what to say other than I use all those mods and haven't much of an issue.

Actually, the last time I tried for that statue I actually had my sim throw a party at a big park. I set him up playing the harp, had plenty of food available and a few other activities set up (which was a mistake). I think he had the legendary host LTR so most sims attended. I invited some 24 sims (I think that requires MC). He was incidentally at level 10 of the skill. He got the statue by the end of the party. It was pretty easy. You know how sims attending a party typically walk to the host to greet them? I think that's what happened and a good number of sims ended up watching my harp player.

I don't agree with Carl's guide though. I thought the fashion statue was just as easy to get once I figured it out: zone a community lot in the homeworld to a gallery shop, place the clothing pedestals (I placed 4), have the sim design one (or more) outfit on each one (so the game knows to credit that sim for any sales), then throw a party inviting a ton of sims and wait for them to buy outfits.
    For the trendsetter one indeed the key is to adjust at least one of the outfits so it registers as yours. I had 2 set up in my hallway, locked all the doors to the living areas and then asked sims to visit. They were then hanging around in the hallway for about a couple of minutes until they decided to buy one of the outfits. Then I asked the person to leave and invited over the next one. Within 10 minutes I had the statue! As for the laserharp one, throwing a party sounds like a plan! For now I am just happy I have got it, and will probably remember it for another sim in another challenge! Thanks for your info!